What One Player Could Put Us Over The Hump?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We've done this thread before in different forms, but it's getting into that point in the offseason where the reality of football being over starts to set in - so I figured it'd be worth a shot.

If you could get any player, from any team in the league, or in the upcoming draft - that would immediately put our team in a posititon to win a Super Bowl, who would it be?

Mine would be Patrick Willis.

I feel like we've lacked a serious threat in the interior of our defense that forces offenses to adjust their gameplan. Outside of Ware and Ratliff we have no guys in the front seven that teams have to gameplan around. Offenses can just dictate the flow of the game and open up their playbook by having options in all levels of the defense.

Willis is so athletic and talented that he would force teams to run right into the teeth of our defense (which is what all 3-4's ideally want to accomplish), and finally give our defense some much need attitude and tenacity. I feel like that would immediately make our defense at least above average, and allow our handicapped, yet potent offense an opportunity win more games.

(Be careful though. Before you go picking a QB, think about a stone footed Tom Brady behind this offensive line.)

Reaction score
Jason Garrett. I honestly feel he's what we need. A disciplined coach. Boys have the talent, but not the discipline.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Duane;3843589 said:
Scott Pioli

I wonder if you can trade draft picks for a GM.

I'd give up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th for him right now. All I'd want back is a 6th. Then I'd clap with my feet.

Duane

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3843592 said:
I wonder if you can trade draft picks for a GM.

I'd give up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th for him right now. All I'd want back is a 6th. Then I'd clap with my feet.

Guess we can dream. :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The one player who could get the Cowboys over the hump would be Aaron Rodgers or Romo elevating his game to Rodgers level.

Reaction score
KJJ;3843613 said:
The one player who could get the Cowboys over the hump would be Aaron Rodgers or Romo elevating his game to Rodgers level.

Do you bash Romo in every thread? Seriously it's getting annoying.

burmafrd

Reaction score
BS on those dumbies wanting more out of Romo. The REAL one player would be a top FS, the guy we have been looking for since 2004 and Woody got injured.

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3843622 said:

coming from the guy who has made it a foregone conclusion that GB will repeat next year and it's not even close. Not to mention your woody for Rodgers. Get outta here.

What an irony considering your name is "Dallas Cowboys Fan", which might I add, is a very unique and well thought out name.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3843622 said:

Dude I'm not bashing him I'm being honest if reading the truth hurts put me on ignore. :toast:

Tricericon

Reaction score
KJJ;3843613 said:

So you are arguing for addition by subtraction?