What One Player Could Put Us Over The Hump?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3843692 said:
Romo isn't consistent? :lmao2:

Read my post in BIG games he hasn't been consistent that's the main reason the Cowboys can't get over the hump.

Romo's been consistent from Sept-Nov but hasn't been consistent in Dec/Jan.

Go checkout his numbers from Sept-Nov and compare them to his numbers in Dec/Jan. :toast:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3843720 said:
Neither can Shango.

Shango seriously could've done better than Alan Ball at times last year. We would've been better off with 10 guys on the field, he'd just get in other peoples' way, consistently blow coverages, and never made any plays on the ball.

No instincts. Can't believe Wade, Jerry, and co went into last year thinking he would be competent enough. Michael Hamlin must've really sucked to lose out to this guy in camp.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
KJJ;3843730 said:
Read my post in BIG games he hasn't been consistent that's the main reason the Cowboys can't get over the hump.

Go checkout his numbers from Sept-Nov and compare them to his numbers in Dec/Jan. :toast:

I'd also like to see statistics for turnovers (or lack thereof) forced by the defense, penalties, dropped balls, and yards allowed during that stretch. Also look at strength of schedule during those months, we get screwed at the end of every season.

It's not just Romo, the whole team falls apart.

Those arguments work in regular Joe-fan, ESPN watcher circles, but not here brah - it's chess not checkers.

funkytown

Reaction score
Troy Polamalu.....Healthy....Not the one we all observed in the Superbowl

ryanbabs

Reaction score
KJJ;3843730 said:

Okay, Joe Montana! :laugh2:

utrunner07

Reaction score
there is not one single player himself who could currently put this team over the hump.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3843737 said:
I'd also like to see statistics for turnovers (or lack thereof) forced by the defense, penalties, dropped balls, and yards allowed during that stretch. Also look at strength of schedule during those months, we get screwed at the end of every season.

It's not just Romo, the whole team falls apart.

Those arguments work in regular Joe-fan, ESPN watcher circles, but not here brah - it's chess not checkers.

Some of the worst games the Cowboys have played under Romo were usually a result of his game unraveling. The team plays the way he plays.

He's the engine that dives this team and once he starts leaking oil it's over.

Go research the games where Romo has had 2-plus turnovers and see how many wins you can come up with versus losses.

The disturbing thing about Romo is most of his turnovers come during the crunch games in Dec/Jan. In Dec of 08 during the Cowboys mega collapse Romo had 9 turnovers. :eek:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ryanbabs;3843745 said:
Okay, Joe Montana! :laugh2:

Montana said Romo wasn't consistent I gave my own take on what Montana was referring to. LOL

perrykemp

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3843706 said:
Don't be ridiculous now.

What did I say? You don't think Suh can collect 15-18 sacks in his 2nd year in the league? He had 10 as a rookie which is completely off the charts for a rookie DT.

rkell87

Reaction score
perrykemp;3843768 said:
What did I say? You don't think Suh can collect 15-18 sacks in his 2nd year in the league? He had 10 as a rookie which is completely off the charts for a DT.
fify.

10 is outstanding but 15-18 from that spot is almost unheard of(sapp did 16.5 but the next best he did was 12.5)

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
It has to be Sean Lee
lee.jpg

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
KJJ;3843750 said:
Some of the worst games the Cowboys have played under Romo were usually a result of his game unraveling. The team plays the way he plays.

He's the engine that dives this team and once he starts leaking oil it's over.

Go research the games where Romo has had 2-plus turnovers and see how many wins you can come up with versus losses.

The disturbing thing about Romo is most of his turnovers come during the crunch games in Dec/Jan. In Dec of 08 during the Cowboys mega collapse Romo had 9 turnovers. :eek:

His worst games are typically when the offensive line plays like crap and he's forced to run for life.

Go back and look at the 34-3 and 44-6 games. Statistically Romo may have played poorly, but the offensive line gave him no time to throw, opened up no running lanes, and consistently committed stupid penalties.

yimyammer

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3843701 said:
One player won't put us over the hump, .. but a different mindset, a different attitude, more discipline, more accountability, more pride ... could make all the difference in the world.

I'm trusting Jason and Rob to instill these things.

Bingo, this isn't the NBA

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3843826 said:
His worst games are typically when the offensive line plays like crap and he's forced to run for life.

Go back and look at the 34-3 and 44-6 games. Statistically Romo may have played poorly, but the offensive line gave him no time to throw, opened up no running lanes, and consistently committed stupid penalties.

Thank you.