What other ex-Cowboys should be in HOF?

quickccc

Reaction score
Harvey Martin was one of the most dominant pass rushers in history, but they didn't keep sack records most of his career. He had an unofficial 23.5 sacks one season, which would be the record if they kept sacks as an official stat at the time.

But he also had long history of drug and domestic abuse problems, which hurt him probably both by keeping him from being even a greater player than he was, and no doubt hurts him in the eyes of HOF voters.

and that's what i'll never understood with the NFL.
I don't understand why the best of official NFL statisticians cannot go back to from Day 1 and look that stat up ?
So I guess the NFL did such a horrid job of securing official NFL game films (reels?) of every NFL team played game that just too many were neglected or ended up kept in such poor conditions
that it made it too difficult to do fair process research series per series, game per game, team per team to try to get as close to an accurate number as possible ?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
To you older fans from the 70s, what about Craig Morton?
I know he took the 'Boys to their first Super Bowl and then took Denver to another.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
☆Chuck Howley☆
☆Lee Roy Jordan☆
☆Ed too tall Jones☆
☆Harvey Martin☆
☆Cliff Harris☆
☆Everson Walls☆
☆Drew Pearson☆
☆Ralph Neely☆

I would add John Niland and Darren Woodson.

Howley is probably the most glaring omission, followed by Harris. The others are all good candidates, but many are borderline.

I think part of what hurts Lee Roy Jordan is the era he played in, with Butkas, Nitschke, Lambert, Buonioconti, Lanier … Jordan was a great player, but he got overshadowed by those guys.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I would add John Niland and Darren Woodson.

Howley is probably the most glaring omission, followed by Harris. The others are all good candidates, but many are borderline.

I think part of what hurts Lee Roy Jordan is the era he played in, with Butkas, Nitschke, Lambert, Buonioconti, Lanier … Jordan was a great player, but he got overshadowed by those guys.
lotta good'ns over the years.
I thought for sure Chuck Howley would get in on this centenniel thing....but nope.
I'll never understand that one.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
To you older fans from the 70s, what about Craig Morton?
I know he took the 'Boys to their first Super Bowl and then took Denver to another.
Morton was never impressive IMO. Cowboys had a great team for the SB against the Colts and when he QB'd Denver they had a Crushing (see what I did there?) D but was destroyed by Dallas' D that game

Chuck Howley is the most glaring omission. His credentials are better than many defensive players in the HOF.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Big E was nasty, he used to frustrate the hell out of White and make him whine like a baby....accident changed everything.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I think Ware will be next Cowboy to go in. The way they keep letting good but not great players in I’m starting to think Romo has a shot. After them Witten will definitely go in. I think Martin has a shot if he can keep playing at a high level and avoid injuries. Fred is a long shot due to his position. I’m starting to think a lot of the old guys who deserve to go in have a steep hill to climb. Hate seeing them getting passed over by good popular players Harvey was a better DE than Michael gap tooth.

quickccc

Reaction score
Shall we say with ease too.

Had not been for the car wreck that changed and severely limited Big E, it would be have been debated between he and Larry Allen, which one would have been
the most dominated OLineman we've ever had. Both just flat physically intimidated the opposition no matter who they were.

Even Tyron Smith and Zack Martin in their best days and prime are still quite a step down from the Williams/Allen era.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Had not been for the car wreck that changed and severely limited Big E, it would be have been debated between he and Larry Allen, which one would have been
the most dominated OLineman we've ever had. Both just flat physically intimidated the opposition no matter who they were.

Even Tyron Smith and Zack Martin in their best days and prime are still quite a step down from the Williams/Allen era.

Agree, remember against the egirls and the BIG E gave William Fuller (ex heels) gave him a bulo punch on top of his helmet and that John Madden was going crazy and loving the physical play of the Big Nasty. Lol