What percent Do You Believe The Run Verses Pass Should Be?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If a horse(Dak) is for the glue factory no matter who trains them don't expect any Triple Crown wins......:cool:
My point being that a more dialed down offense, more ground oriented with short passing attack would benefit this team coming out of the gate.
Dak is the Cowboys QB no matter how as fans we feel about it, so there needs to be a confidence rebuilding simplified offensive game plan for Dak.
Asking Dak to play the total role that is expected of him is unattainable at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
50% - 50% & fire Kellen Moore! :popcorn:

So you would feature Zeke over Dak and the passing game? Doesnt sound very smart to me. The passing game is the bread and butter of the Cowboys.

I would continue with the 55-45% passing we have been doing the last two years. NO sense in paying a QB 40 million per year and featuring a slow, over the hill back that cant get to the edges.

Now if we want to revamp the running game with new backs and a better line, I am all for it. Then 50/50 would be possible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My point being that a more dialed down offense, more ground oriented with short passing attack would benefit this team coming out of the gate.
Dak is the Cowboys QB no matter how as fans we feel about it, so there needs to be a confidence rebuilding simplified offensive game plan for Dak.
Asking Dak to play the total role that is expected of him is unattainable at this point.

Dont act like you dont like Dak, because this analysis of his abilities is total and complete nonsense. You are acting here like the guy can barely run an offense. You must be watching another football team on Sundays.

Considering the Cowboys have had the highest scoring and yardage offense in the NFL the last 2 years under Dak, its clear you obviously dont understand QB play or offense in general.

conner01

Reaction score
It’s the 21st century
It’s not gonna be 50-50
It’s gonna be closer to 60-40 pass

Havic

Reaction score
Depends on the game situation but overall 55 run / 45 pass. I also want to see some screen passes and quick check downs. We need to go back to leading in the time of possession and some hard running to close out games.

lostar2009

Reaction score
60%, we have 2 RBs that can run the ball and a QB that cab pick up a few yards here and there. Plus we can throw out the same sets. I dont know whats wrong with this team trying to turn Dak into a gun slinger. That stuff destroyed Romo and many other Qbs.