Video: What Peter King learned at Dallas Cowboys camp | NBC Sports

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’s spot on.

This is going to go one of two ways. Either the Cowboys will open week 1, Pollard will run for 150 yards and look like a phenom and Zeke will sign what’s on the table, or he’ll look like a guy who only had 78 carries his senior year, have 18 rushes for 24 yards and Jerry will cave.

This all gets decided in the first two or three weeks of the NFL season. No one is budging right now.

But people who are ignoring the buzz around Tony Pollard are being foolish. This isn’t just Jerry running his mouth; it’s every writer who is covering camp, it’s Gil Brandt, it’s real football men.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-brandt-dallas-cowboys-running-135335092.html

It would be interesting, at least.

New OC calling the plays for a Cowboys offense with a receiving back instead of a bell cow bruiser, and massive speed across skill positions.

Think of between the 20s -
Dak, Pollard, Olawale, Austin, Gallup, Cooper

Crazy speed, 3 guys in 4.3s, one in 4.4s, one in 4.5s. *Everyone* is a quality receiver. 3 serious run threats, plus Dak.

We could go even faster with Devin Smith instead of Gallup. Gallup may be better, but the harder we press teams with speed, the deeper down their defense we push our speed advantage.

That can really be the base formation of our offense going forward, with us choosing whether Pollard or Zeke is tailback, and whether Austin or Pollard is the slot/jet sweep guy.

Teams would have to play zone against us. And keep safeties back. They just wouldn't have enough speed on their side to prevent a huge speed mismatch which we could isolate while playing man.

I've never thought of Pollard and the offense this way before, but it fits. Pollard has been pegged as a slot guy, or a 3rd down back. But he's also similar to Zeke in his speed and receiving skills, but *more* so. In a receiving track meet, multi run threat offense, he and Zeke are different flavors of the same need at tailback. And such an offense plays to Dak's strengths too.

Our personnel and personnel choices *fit* such an offense too well for it to be a mere coincidence. I'll go insane if we play our usual bell cow two TE sluggo ball with this personnel.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I was wondering why there were stairs locked in a cage. I just took another look. I'm absolutely confused by the locking cage door that you can seemingly just walk around, to get to the steps, the purpose of which I don't know.

Chesterton's Fence has been found!

GMO415

Reaction score
Did it take King a whopping three minutes to prep for that???? HELLO...JG has already won the NFCE from the iggles. Yes, Witt is excited about playing!

What a joke! Waste of my time watching that moron.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What two teams were tanking? I don't recall the Giants doing anything to tank. They just weren't good that year. But their starters all played.

Are you kidding? They had guys on the field I never even heard of. And i can remember several guys making business decisions. I mean Rod freaking Smith had like 120+ receiving yards off of screen passes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1 of those came against a team that fumbled on the 1 yard line to lose the game and 2 against a team that was ACTIVELY tanking.
Yeah, those 2 who supposedly were actively tanking, yet playing their starters all 4 quarters. :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What two teams were tanking? I don't recall the Giants doing anything to tank. They just weren't good that year. But their starters all played.
He's making it up since he can't handle the truth. Some people handle pain that way. Poor guy. The Giants played their starters and definitely were trying to win the game during Week 17. Eli even said before the game that they were going to play their starters and try to win the game.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO that he's surprised that all of the talk is about making the triplets all top 5 paid for the first time in NFL history instead of a 37 year old TE. Guess what, Petey? They're going to be talking about the CB and LB getting their money too before they talk about the 37 year old TE.

Wonder what Booger gave King for the Pollard love? This just in from Dallas the night before the season kicks off for the Dallas Cowboys from the owner of the team. "I think Tony Pollard might be Jesus".

MCMetal69

Reaction score
No one knows until September 8th how and what will work......................Pollard looks as though he might be the real deal , but I want to see him facing 11 starters in a game that counts before I start believing he's Alvin Kamara's long-lost cousin or something...........................

Techsass

Reaction score
No one knows until September 8th how and what will work......................Pollard looks as though he might be the real deal , but I want to see him facing 11 starters in a game that counts before I start believing he's Alvin Kamara's long-lost cousin or something...........................
But he did look pretty good last night.

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn't lose sight of the fact that not counting Zeke we were short three starters, including two of our best offensive linemen.

Last edited: