What Romo can do better than Bledsoe

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1117459 said:
Assuming you are talking about a Day 1 Pick....if not, just ignore the below:

That is an intesting take. If we are talking about today...right now, the only way I could conclude that is maybe the angle that Jerry Jones man not be comfortable with him and the angle that Parcells may not be here next year.

But besides, that I dont know about thinking that way until Romo flops horribly this year.

I really do think at this point Romo's play will dictate whether or not a QB is brought in.

- Mike G.

Day 1 yes but not necessarily a 1st rd pick. Is what I was referring to and I think we will need a vet backup because while Bledsoe will remain with us this season I doubt he will return next year as a backup

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Stautner;1117467 said:
Someone will have to be brought in because Bledsoe wont be here, but you are right about Romo's play being a factor. If he plays well then a veteran backup will be fine as insurance, if not we need to draft someone who can be a long term solution.

Yeah, that is way I see it.

I think his play dictates what happens.

But, and I caution, I dont know how edited the clip was or whatever, but Jerry Jones was asked about the situation, I beleive Tuesday, while he was in New Orleans for an Owner's Meeting or something, and he said something to the effect that "He felt that an experienced Vet was our best chance and I dont know if I have changed my mind on that".

Something like that, maybe someone here jotted that down, dunno.

But yeah, if someone were thinking that right now, this minute we are going to draft a QB and used the Jerry Jones uncomfortable with him angle, I would buy that, but anything else, I just dont see it until Romo auditions on the field.

- Mike G.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1116796 said:
I think we draft a QB next year even if Romo show himself to be a good QB. I would not be suprised to see both a vet brought in as a backup and a rookie QB brought in to learn.
I agree and disagree.

I think the Cowboys do as you say, no matter how well Romo plays.

But, where in the draft the Cowboys pick a QB depends a bunch on how Romo plays.

If Romo plays very poorly, the Cowboys are more likely to go for broke and trade up in the 1st round for one of the top 2 QBs in the draft.

If Romo plays well, my guess is that the Cowboys are less willing to do what it takes to pick one of the top 3 QBs. Presumably the Cowboys would pick a QB sometime during the draft, but maybe not until Day 2.

superpunk

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1117494 said:
I agree and disagree.

I think the Cowboys do as you say, no matter how well Romo plays.

But, where in the draft the Cowboys pick a QB depends a bunch on how Romo plays.

If Romo plays very poorly, the Cowboys are more likely to go for broke and trade up in the 1st round for one of the top 2 QBs in the draft.

If Romo plays well, my guess is that the Cowboys are less willing to do what it takes to pick one of the top 3 QBs. Presumably the Cowboys would pick a QB sometime during the draft, but maybe not until Day 2.

Keep bringing them in and churning the roster, Ron Wolf style. If a good-looking QB is available when we're picking, make it happen. Your scenarios make sense, though, and Romo's play will indoubtedly influence our urgency in addressing QB in the draft. I really doubt we ever trade up, though.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Funxva;1116981 said:
I agree with what you said about emotional toughness. I wonder if he approaches playing this the same way as he does a bad play in golf. Gotta have a short memory in golf most definitely.

I would think the mental or emotional toughness and the ability to concentrate would serve him well. What is a little paradoxical about his two sport golf and football proficiency is how they are physically polar opposite.