What Romo Texted to Dak When He Was Named the Starter

WeaponX

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Thank you Tony
Exaggerating a little here, but that play alone should have made him the MVP in '14

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pope and the Queen mum are humbled to be in Romo's presence.
Romo plays a different version of futball those two follow.
Still an other tweet to Dak: " I would die for you!"
All his teammates have received those over the years. Sometimes they have almost come true, judging by a few of the vicious hits he's taken for the team during his career.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll get one this year. Just not as a starter. Heck, a ring is a ring is a ring.
True, a ring is a ring is a ring. For example, Deuce McAllister was a beloved New Orleans Saints player who was signed back onto their roster as a respectful gesture. Or more as like a motivational tool of Sean Peyton. He got a ring and didn't even play in the title game--or any game that season for that matter. His was a nice story even though he wasn't a starter. They all are.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Would love to keep the gang together but don't see it happening. Pity Romo will never get the respect he deserves from the rest of the league's fans who hold him accountable for the organization's ineptitude. Might have rewritten his legacy had the travesty in Green Bay not occurred. Oh well, he always be loved and appreciated by Cowboy fans. Class act and heckuva player.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
No, it wouldn't. That would mean we wouldn't win one of these next two years.

It's hypothetical. If we were playing Romo in the super bowl, obviously I'd want Dak to win. But chances are he'll be in AFC, and chances are both QB's wouldn't make it in the same year.

So if it's Romo vs. Seattle, or someone in the next super bowl, I'd root for Romo.

9darter

Reaction score
I'm assuming you do not consider any ex-Cowboy player who has won or shall win a Super Bowl has been or can be viewed as a nice story any season Dallas doesn't win a championship?

He said he wanted Dallas to win, and that's the right thing to say.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

"If a man is a man, he needs someone to believe in. Jack Beauregard: I've met all kinds in my life. Thieves and killers. Pimps and prostitutes. Con men and preachers. Even a few fellas that told the truth. The kind of man you're talking about, never. Nobody: Maybe you've never met them. Or hardly ever. But they're the only ones who count." -- Dialogue between the two main characters in the movie, My Name is Nobody.

Dak is someone you want to believe in.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Classy.

Whatever happens this year, it'll be fun next year rooting for the Cowboys an whichever team Romo ends up playing for.

Yup. Next year is going to be a logistical nightmare though - I'll now have two teams to watch, and I assume the only time I'll miss Romo's new team games is when they play at the same time as the Cowboys.

I dread the game Romo plays against the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's really a rare quality that compels any QB to pull for the competitor who has replaced him. It speaks volumes about someone's character to extend such an unselfish extent of courtesy to their replacement. Tony Romo rightfully deserves great respect, simply for what he is as a man. Here's hoping his future provides just rewards for the favors that he offers so generously.

Last edited: