What round would you draft Johnathon Brooks?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
3rd?

When he was healthy, I would call Brooks a 2nd round pick. In my book, 3rd round picks are for RBs you can see as being like OK starters. 2nd round backs are for guys who are the complete package, or for guys who have some limitations but another really special trait. And you can justify a late first for a stud muffin like say Breece Hall or Bijan.

I'd say that Brooks was a "complete package" guy on film. He's a plus athlete, he's a very shifty, natural zone runner, and he's got good hands. I wouldn't say anything about him is special, but everything about his game is pretty good. You could put him into a 3 down workload very quickly.

But after tearing his ACL, I don't know if he'd lose some juice off his fastball, and I am not super excited to spend a 2nd and find out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But after tearing his ACL, I don't know if he'd lose some juice off his fastball, and I am not super excited to spend a 2nd and find ou
This is the wildcard.........3rd is too rich for me. I would def consider a 4th IF we had one.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dr. Dan Cooper, is that The Cooper Institute Owner? I think so and that means Dallas has direct information on Brooks injury.

3rd Round. Brooks won't make it to the 4th.

Carson

Reaction score
Dr. Dan Cooper, is that The Cooper Institute Owner? I think so and that means Dallas has direct information on Brooks injury.

3rd Round. Brooks won't make it to the 4th.
this is correct.

rambo2

Reaction score
2nd round...... The kid is a stud. Him and Derrick Henry would be great together. :dance:
That's great, but they still need linebacker, dtackle, corner, and center. That could knock out Cooper, Wilson, Sweat, Fiske, Tampa, and Frazier.

cnuball21

Reaction score
3rd.

A RB in the first 2 rounds would be beyond dumb IMO.

Hardline

Reaction score
He is one tick below Bijan Robinson. I would take him in the 2nd round and rest easy knowing we will have a superstar in the making.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He is one tick below Bijan Robinson. I would take him in the 2nd round and rest easy knowing we will have a superstar in the making.
Sadly...I think the Giants let Barkley walk and take him with one of their 2nds. :popcorn:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dumb? Schoonmaker, Williams, and Joseph say hello….
Oh yea those were all terrible picks. A RB in the 2nd would be equally bad for a team that isn’t extending their all pro QB and not spending money in FA.

Might as well draft premium positions early.

WhizKid

Reaction score
No ACL injury, as early as 2nd. Post-ACL injury, 4th round at the earliest. I'm not in the mood to FAFO at the RB position. Given what we need as a team and the replacability of the position, I'd rather go a different route.

Now if I am the Cowboys and I am making this classic 2nd round risk player, I guess I won't be mad if they went this route (in comparison to previous 2nd round picks).

HanD

Reaction score
4th but he'll go before that and we don't have a pick that round.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cards have three 3rd round picks ( 66, 71 and 91). I would offer Gallup and 2025 4th rounder for their 71 if Brooks is still on the board. The Falcons have two 3rd picks. If he gets out of the 2nd round, I will package Gallup and 2025 4th rounder for any takers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cards have three 3rd round picks ( 66, 71 and 91). I would offer Gallup and 2025 4th rounder for their 71 if Brooks is still on the board. The Falcons have two 3rd picks. If he gets out of the 2nd round, I will package Gallup and 2025 4th rounder for any takers.
Gallup is not going to be on the team. If he is, he has no trade value.

Id take him in the 3rd. I doubt he lasts though. He is going to play this year. Probably be ready for camp

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
. If he is, he has no trade value.
I disagree.......it may not be much he's a former starter who has proven he can be a #2 guy. For some reason, didn't get the targets in MM scheme/system. Of course, we both are speculating, and you may be right, but I would certainly look into it.

I just read a statement that Jerry refused to say Gallup would be cut/released. What's that about.....my guess is it's exactly what we are talking about.