What should we do to get Derrick Henry next year?

jwithrowcpd

Reaction score
Henry isn't even a three down back. No reason to take a guy who isn't in the first round. He is a reincarnation of Brandon Jacobs. He looks good in college because he is bigger than most everyone on the field. In the pros, it will be a different story. Henry is a guy you draft to compliment someone else in your backfield, not to build a team around. I don't think a guy like that is worth a 1st round pick.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Henry isn't even a three down back. No reason to take a guy who isn't in the first round. He is a reincarnation of Brandon Jacobs. He looks good in college because he is bigger than most everyone on the field. In the pros, it will be a different story. Henry is a guy you draft to compliment someone else in your backfield, not to build a team around. I don't think a guy like that is worth a 1st round pick.

And nobody seems to mention how dominant Bama's O-Line is.. It's not like Henry's making a whole bunch of people miss. That O-Line opens up huge holes and gets to the 2nd level consistently. They dominated LSU's -Line last night.

Henry's still a good back, but not as good as the numbers suggest.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He has Murray type of speed. He is no stick in the mud. He is to me the perfect between the tackle runner for this o-line.

not worth a first RD ,we should be using a first RD pick on a true franchise player

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
not worth a first RD ,we should be using a first RD pick on a true franchise player

I'm advocating Conner in the 2nd round and he would be a steal there. If he wouldn't have injured his knee he would definitely be considered one of the best if not the best RB in this year's draft. There is a thread on this draft forum that highlights his sophomore year.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I am surprised he has Murray type speed as he gets caught often. Murray in his OU days before the serious injury was a burner.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
What should we do to get Derrick Henry next year?

Just keep doing what we're doing..... We should have plenty of options come draft day.....

Sydla

Reaction score
Nothing.

We should use our high picks on defense and maybe a QB.

Hardline

Reaction score
I have seen a few mocks that have Henry falling to the top of the 2nd round. If we are picking somewhere in the top of each round there is a good chance we can get one of the top QBS in the first round and still get Henry in the top of the 2nd.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Henry put up over 200 yards against the LSU defense tonight.
He would be an elite RB with the Cowboys. He is who I want most after Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree I watch his game he falls fwd got good vision can catch and can pass block.. after Zek I'd take Henry or the rb from Utah

kazzd58

Reaction score
Trade multiple players currently on the roster?

Package a few players and future draft picks?

He's a souped up version of MB3

keep losing and we wont have do anything..

kazzd58

Reaction score
id also like to draft the rb Drake for Alabama in mid-late round if he come out too as change of pace. I think his game in nfl will translate and be an even better pro imo and is an elusive weapon in open field but obviously he's not a 1st rd selection h

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'm advocating Conner in the 2nd round and he would be a steal there. If he wouldn't have injured his knee he would definitely be considered one of the best if not the best RB in this year's draft. There is a thread on this draft forum that highlights his sophomore year.

I think Elliot is the best RB in this draft, but if Conner forgoes his senior year, I'd snap him up in a heartbeat in round two.