What the agents know

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Agreed, as soon as Zeke is paid ; we will have a huge list of players 'holding out' and trying to re-do their contracts .
Also are we sure Zeke is the type to get paid and stay motivated?

He seems like the exact opposite. He showed up year 2 out of shape for goodness sakes. And after year 3 he's holding out.

My feelings on Zeke aside... How are these not red flags to everyone here?

ESisback

Reaction score
There’s certainly a lot of “Screw Zeke” sentiment among the fans! The fans are right. We don’t need to set a precedent.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The WR and QB are patient because they know the market is only going up.
RB is impatient because he is a RB and every carry reduces his long term value.

Agents know whenever they sign it will be for very big money and they get 3%.
Cooper is making 14M this year so he nasically is in DLaw's shoes.
He's already getting paid a ton more than ever before so he's quite happy with those weekly game checks.
He knows the big bonus check is coming one day soon.

Dak and Zeke are paid far less this year and have more to gain in a quick deal but Dak is a QB and every new franchise QB deal seems to break new records.
So he will be paid insane money at some point. The longer they wait, the more it will be.

I'm sure Dak's agent is looking for Russell Wilson money (35m AAV/140M). Just beat him in the playoffs and same type multi-faceted threat.
Whew....

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Prescott can't hold out or his agent would be talking to every one of those endorsement clients of his. Both sides know it can never get to that for either side. And Cooper will make 14M on this contract, he'd be dumb to hold out.

I don't like the whole hold out thing but if Elliott were my son, this is exactly what I would be advising him to do. And people who get upset with him on the basis of "they built the offense around him, how can he do this"? They're blaming the wrong person. You build your dinner around steak and the price goes up, don't blame the butcher.
That is why the team should stick it out. If Zeke doesn't want to honor his two years left on his contract, can then screw him. With his off the field stupidity and this team having his back through all that (and they did), he should definitely honor his contract.
Make him sit it out earning nothing, he is only getting older. In the meantime, move on from him.

P.s. you can keep the high flying high scoring offenses (ONLY made possible by rules that clearly favor passing game/offenses), I will take what you call "boringball"

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What if the agents for Zek, Dak and Coop got together and said.......ok, lets all three hold out at the same time? What a disaster for this franchise that would create.
* I imagine ( were that to actually transpire)FOOTBALL DaD would seriously consider ,pointing out those three colluding sports athletes agents personal contact /location info, to a couple of kneecapping MOOSE& ROCKO types of questionable yet tight-lipped scruples.

*were it me being the D.C. shotcaller? & Elliott's Agent retained the unpliably inflexible stance, on there end of the " non- negotiations " ?( kinda' like how the #90's agent played it) he'd of done got a bug put in his ear ,,,er,,, pointing out the long ranging questionable merits of their currently held position.o_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is one very good reason for the QB, RB and WR's agents to stand their ground and if I were them I would give the club an offer than expires on the day before the season kicks off with the understanding it only goes up frpm there.

He waited to induct the triplets into the ROH together, they were his first center ring act. Then, he had Romo and win or lose, he was worth the price of admission just to watch his act. It's always been about performance.

Do you think he'd be happy with a team like the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens or 03 Bucs? That's Boringball unless you're a real diehard football fan and that's not what he's about.

More than any NFL owner, Booger is all about Starball. He's addressed the entertainment aspect of the game before and that's more important to him than the record because he's witness to it every gameday.

Why do you think he coveted Manziel from his freshman days at A&M? The next center ring act at the Big Top. Think he didn't get all misty eyed the first time Johnny Football played at ATT?

Those 3 agents know they have the upper hand, just as they would have had Bell and Brown been Cowboys, the stars shine the brightest in Dallas. And no owner loves seeing the stars shine like this one. All 3 of these get done before the season starts. Their agents know it and so does Booger and he evidently is already beginning to blink and making new offers that put all 3 in the top 5 paid at their position.

From that point on, triplets will represent something different...…..$$$.
Which supports my theory wearing the owners and GM hat is a conflict of interest for Cowboys Football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is why the team should stick it out. If Zeke doesn't want to honor his two years left on his contract, can then screw him. With his off the field stupidity and this team having his back through all that (and they did), he should definitely honor his contract.
Make him sit it out earning nothing, he is only getting older. In the meantime, move on from him.

P.s. you can keep the high flying high scoring offenses (ONLY made possible by rules that clearly favor passing game/offenses), I will take what you call "boringball"
Most teams and GM’s probably would . But not Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coach- this probably answers our question where our focus will be. Jerry’s going to put his money on the offense which sells more hope to the fringe fans. It’s more entertainment sports. I hate it when I’m right. Lol

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
They stopped everyone but the Dolphins that year
Why? As what kinda' incentive could've possibly compelled Miami in overcoming that vaunted 85 bears team of which all others fell short?o_O

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're individuals, with individual goals. You need only sign one, Amari Cooper. You do that, and you can call any bluff the other two or their agents would like to try. Tag Prescott in 2020 and let him take the risk and play 2019 for $2 million. And let Elliott simply rot out there, a running back getting a year older and losing his spot in the machine that is the Cowboys line and running game.

Cooper is the one you have to sign.
:hammer:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Then the team should have gotten this done in the off season.

Your silly "hold the team hostage" comment though ... really speaks to a belief that players should give up any leverage they have.
Someone needs to slo down this run away money train.

It's bad for the team and worse for the owners. I Agree with a salary cap yet it seems the athlete's don't.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again. Once Cooper started talking about getting 2k yards I had a feeling both him and Dak would gamble on the year.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak's agent is looking for Russell Wilson money (35m AAV/140M). Just beat him in the playoffs and same type multi-faceted threat.

Sir, are you under the impression that this is boxing or some other 1 vs 1 sport?

plymkr

Reaction score
Great theory.

But do you actually think that these agents are "colluding" on this?

They're individuals, with individual goals. You need only sign one, Amari Cooper. You do that, and you can call any bluff the other two or their agents would like to try. Tag Prescott in 2020 and let him take the risk and play 2019 for $2 million. And let Elliott simply rot out there, a running back getting a year older and losing his spot in the machine that is the Cowboys line and running game.

Cooper is the one you have to sign.
I agree. Cooper is the biggest priority IMO.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe off topic, but you're out of your mind if you think the 85 Bears team was "boring ball."

Those guys intimidated people, humbled people, and then ran up the scoreboard in the meantime on them. They weren't putting up 7-10 points in a game like the 2000 Ravens were; they dominated people man!
I got bored as soon as the Bears put on their 44th point on us in 1985.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And let Elliott simply rot out there, a running back getting a year older and losing his spot in the machine that is the Cowboys line and running game.

I'm coming around to the idea that Zeke might just sit out. And that it makes sense for him to do so.

It's not chronological age with RBs, it's how many years of elite play that you have in your body.

Taking a year sabbatical when you can only make 4mil, use that saved mileage of elite play for a year when you're paid like an elite player. The year sabbatical might actually give you more years of elite play in the end.

Give your body a full healing after three years, be fresh and healthy to look good in your 5th year as you're auditioning for your free agent contract.

cern

Reaction score
I'm coming around to the idea that Zeke might just sit out. And that it makes sense for him to do so.

It's not chronological age with RBs, it's how many years of elite play that you have in your body.

Taking a year sabbatical when you can only make 4mil, use that saved mileage of elite play for a year when you're paid like an elite player. The year sabbatical might actually give you more years of elite play in the end.

Give your body a full healing after three years, be fresh and healthy to look good in your 5th year as you're auditioning for your free agent contract.
In theory, sounds good. But given the violence of football, any player is one hit away from a season or career ending injury. Romo returned to us in 2016 after missing almost all of the previous year, supposedly healthier and better tested than ever. One hit in the preseason and it was over.