CFZ What the Cowboys should really go for in a trade to win in the playoffs

JBS

Reaction score
Maybe. But they could also just generating fan interest as well.
There is no fan interest in talking up a trade for 24 hours and then the deadline passes. That makes zero sense. They gain nothing in that.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I feel there is going to be alot of disappointment when people actually watch him play
Maybe so. I don't make a habit of watching the Pittsburgh Steelers, but Washington was a monster at OK St. and I'm kind of excited to see what he can do in Dallas. Change of scenery may do him good.

stinkface

Reaction score
Smith replacing LVE would have been a home run. Instead he heads to Baltimore.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Forget a WR trade. What the Cowboys should really do is trade before the deadline in one or all of the following:
  • Acquire a run stuffing D-lineman. Stopping the run is a weakness this D has had in forever. It was one of the biggest reasons we couldn’t advance in the playoffs last year against the niners. In 2018, we lost to the rams in the divisional round by giving up 270 yards rushing. We still need help in this area.
  • Acquire more depth at LB- to help stop the run (see above) but also to provide depth at a position where on starter (LVE) has injury history and the other (Barr) is past his prime.
  • Acquire more depth at corner- with Jourdan Lewis’ injury, we don’t have enough depth there. Kelvin Joseph is still not ready to be counted on. Rookie Deron Bland is a better option but he’s very untested. Anotger injury here could deplete us further.
  • Add more depth at OL.
Bottom line- with some extra help on defense this team can be playoff ready. Adding a WR won’t be the reason we become a better playoff team. Jerry should be VERY aggressive to upgrade this team. The NFC is wide open. Go get some help for this D!

Honestly, I think a Run stopping LB is as important, if not more important than a big body on the interior of the Dline. Here's my question. Can we re-purpose Micah Parsons to be that run stuffing LB, and refocus him away from the pass rush? It seems that he's already inspired a lot of other Dlinemen to become better pass rushers. Parsons has the ability to be the spy on any running QB, and the instincts to sniff out RB's if he's not uber-focused on being a pass rusher. I know it might disrupt his goal of beating the NFL annual sack record this year, but if it helps the team to shore up run defense, is it worth it? Alternatively, does Damone Clark have the ability to be that spy/run stopper at LB. I know he just played his first NFL game, but is he capable?

As for big run-stuffing DT's, who is available? Hankins may be the best the Cowboys can do in this department given what might be available on the open market.

JBS

Reaction score
It keeps the team in the news
Lolol. Yeah for 24 hours. That’s what they’re worried about. Stop it. This is one of your worst takes I’ve ever seen. They will make a trade. It’s clear.

Verdict

Reaction score
Could’ve had Roquan but a smarter, better-run FO beat us to it. Like we were ever going to do anything so crafty anyway.
Roquan would have been a great pick up. The draft pick compensation was reasonable. It’s the contract he will receive that is the back breaker.

Paying a LB tons of money on a second contract is a lot like paying a RB a second contract. The smart money is betting that it will prove to be an error most of the time over the life of the contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need a WR to take pressure off of CeeDee who will battle for the football. No way do I see us going after another run stuffing DT after already trading for one. That acquisition certainly didn’t pay off yesterday. The fact that it didn’t doesn’t mean we’re going to give up more draft capital for another one. Any chance of fixing the run defense won’t happen until the offseason. It’s going to take a free agent move or a high draft pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lolol. Yeah for 24 hours. That’s what they’re worried about. Stop it. This is one of your worst takes I’ve ever seen. They will make a trade. It’s clear.
Its not rhe first, second or third they have done stuff like this. We will see. Id like to see them do sometimes. Id gladly eat crow if I am wrong

JBS

Reaction score
Its not rhe first, second or third they have done stuff like this. We will see. Id like to see them do sometimes. Id gladly eat crow if I am wrong
They literally are NEVER this open about making trades prior to the deadline.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They literally are NEVER this open about making trades prior to the deadline.
Jerry and Stephen is doing the same double talk he does anytime player acquisition comes. "We are looking" "We've had discussions" "We have the resources". Same non awnsers you always get from them. We haven't even been linked to anyone outside of baseless speculation.

You say "ya for 24 hours" in response to them keeping the media talking about. Keeping us in the media has been their MO for years. You can call it the worst take ever. Just dont be disappointed when nothing happens again