CFZ What the Cowboys should really go for in a trade to win in the playoffs

rambo2

Reaction score
Would you consider those guys as proven yet? I like their talent but they are both very raw.
They do have a full roster. Clark just played his first game. What exactly would you do with them?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The WR they're going to add is already in the building - James Washington. I know that's not the name some want to hear, but I think that will be the case.

This plus Brown, should be good and if ever get anything out of JT, just cherry on top. Now the D could use more pieces and I hope Uncle Jed and Jethro don’t think because of Hankins we are good.

leeblair

Reaction score
Forget a WR trade. What the Cowboys should really do is trade before the deadline in one or all of the following:
  • Acquire a run stuffing D-lineman. Stopping the run is a weakness this D has had in forever. It was one of the biggest reasons we couldn’t advance in the playoffs last year against the niners. In 2018, we lost to the rams in the divisional round by giving up 270 yards rushing. We still need help in this area.
  • Acquire more depth at LB- to help stop the run (see above) but also to provide depth at a position where on starter (LVE) has injury history and the other (Barr) is past his prime.
  • Acquire more depth at corner- with Jourdan Lewis’ injury, we don’t have enough depth there. Kelvin Joseph is still not ready to be counted on. Rookie Deron Bland is a better option but he’s very untested. Anotger injury here could deplete us further.
  • Add more depth at OL.
Bottom line- with some extra help on defense this team can be playoff ready. Adding a WR won’t be the reason we become a better playoff team. Jerry should be VERY aggressive to upgrade this team. The NFC is wide open. Go get some help for this D!
Bob, I respect you, but I must respefully disagree.
The Cowboys desperately need two solid wideouts. If Lamb and Gaallup are open, they usually make the catch.
But neither fight for the ball, and whether it's Dak or Rush, neither can throw into tight spots with success if they can't count on a receiver making a play.
Yes, defensive help would surely help, but Lamb and Gallup will get their lunch eat by aggressive defensive backs.

Praxit

Reaction score
Forget a WR trade. What the Cowboys should really do is trade before the deadline in one or all of the following:
  • Acquire a run stuffing D-lineman. Stopping the run is a weakness this D has had in forever. It was one of the biggest reasons we couldn’t advance in the playoffs last year against the niners. In 2018, we lost to the rams in the divisional round by giving up 270 yards rushing. We still need help in this area.
  • Acquire more depth at LB- to help stop the run (see above) but also to provide depth at a position where on starter (LVE) has injury history and the other (Barr) is past his prime.
  • Acquire more depth at corner- with Jourdan Lewis’ injury, we don’t have enough depth there. Kelvin Joseph is still not ready to be counted on. Rookie Deron Bland is a better option but he’s very untested. Anotger injury here could deplete us further.
  • Add more depth at OL.
Bottom line- with some extra help on defense this team can be playoff ready. Adding a WR won’t be the reason we become a better playoff team. Jerry should be VERY aggressive to upgrade this team. The NFC is wide open. Go get some help for this D!
...getting another Hankins prototype, would do wonders. Shore up that middle.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I say offer the world for Surtain Jr and Jerry Jeudy.
Every pick in 2023 and a couple players we have a surplus at. Jalen Tolbert Tristan Hill

That's what I would see . Again I heard a rumor on those two players but don't know how that went or anything on a Denver radio sports show

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I say offer the world for Surtain Jr and Jerry Jeudy.
Every pick in 2023 and a couple players we have a surplus at. Jalen Tolbert Tristan Hill

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I agree, this is a perfect year to get aggressive and beef up. The NFC really is wide open. Who knew the Rams, Cardinals, Bucs and Pack would all fall back at once this year.

fansince68

Reaction score
The WR they're going to add is already in the building - James Washington. I know that's not the name some want to hear, but I think that will be the case.
Yuck...is all I can say.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I agree, this is a perfect year to get aggressive and beef up. The NFC really is wide open. Who knew the Rams, Cardinals, Bucs and Pack would all fall back at once this year.
We can’t just stand pat and let Philly leap frog us!! We need to make a solid move, or two, to strengthen our DT’s. If healthy, sign OBJ to improve at receiver.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they make a trade I sure hope it isn't for a WR. We need an impact player at LB or another DT who can give you plus play against the run. When I watch our all 11, most of the problems agains the run I see are LVE and Barr being very slow to get to their run fits. If we could substitute some of their play time for a pro bowl level talent or put a double team eating monster in front of them we could be in fantastic shape. I will say that Hankins looked very nice out there yesterday in his first action, but we could use more.

Other than that I feel somewhat comfortable standing pat with the rest of the roster.

The NFC is so wide open that it pains me to not see Dallas make a splash move sitting here at 6-2 with a top 4 defense and an offense on the upswing.

The bottom line is this: it could not be more obvious that this is the time to go all in. The NFC is weak outside of Philly and Dallas very well could be the second best team in the conference. The Eagles front office is aggressively acquiring top talent every few weeks because they smell blood in the water. We need Jerry and Stephen to wake up and grow some killer instinct.
Not sure why we want to believe Dallas and Phil are only two contenders this year. Minn and SF both look like legit contenders . And SF is a seasoned playoff contender.

SF defense is awesome taking them all the way to Championship game last year and Jimmy G is only current NFC contender who’s been to a Super Bowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m curious who’s available for trade ?

And not interested in OBJ.