What the last 23 years has done to our fan base

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It appears short sighted to claim action without sensible solutions in place.

Wanting Garrett fired is only good action if we have a better replacement.

It seems a reasonable inquiry to ask what other puppets we’d want or why Jerry would finally give up control to attract greater prospects ?
Why should Jerrah give up control?

He has his son as our proxy GM.

And he has had a very positive effect on his dad.

Next it will be Stephen the Monster.

This forum reminds me of an out take from Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein.

:lmao2:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It taught us that the bar has been lowered to the floor.
It’s amazing...to underscore your point, a 10-6 season with a wild card playoff win nowadays is “tall cotton”. In the 90s and 70s, a season like that would be declared as “underachieving”.

75boyz

Reaction score
It’s amazing...to underscore your point, a 10-6 season with a wild card playoff win nowadays is “tall cotton”. In the 90s and 70s, a season like that would be declared as “underachieving”.

I'm not sure I follow you or understand.

But by continuing to express a less than positive opinion, some could even mis interpret it as whining.

As If your opinion is the right one, come on Bob.

And by the way, Sarcasm ON towards you Bob. Im on YOUR side. LOL

Hopefully others can get over themselves. Even after its been proven ad nauseum through out this thread, the level of hypocrisy in responses, even by higher ups is beyond laughable. But I'll be the good and open minded fan as you've stated in the past Bob, and embrace the differences so to speak. Unreal.

75boyz

Reaction score
No. Those who whine are whining. Those who disagree and express themselves without whining are not whining. It’s not really that difficult to recognize the difference.
And yes, in the sports world, 23 years where we've seen 4 playoff wins total is more than an excuse for the constant criticism. This franchise has been one of the bottom third franchise in the NFL over that period.

The Dallas Cowboys. Bottom third. For two decades. But yeah, you know what, people shouldn't criticize them constantly. LOL.

But, but, but...Maybe if you just threw in a couple of mentions of the brand's worth or maybe how young the team is, or ...?

Heck, I can't even fake it either bro. LOL!

Is it whining or is it articulating a "personal opinion" of concern towards an organization's lack of overall success? In comparison, to say, not only a few current franchises, but to also a strong historical on field dominance that THIS once proud franchise used to hold as it's own Gold standard. That's not whining. That's your opinion backed by factual evidence "expressed" in contrary terms to someone else's opinion who happens to see a more positive outlook.

"THAT" is not hard to understand at all.

Opinions Vary. Fact of Life.

75boyz

Reaction score
And so it starts again. Those who disagree are "whining." Just another favorite way of throwing a negative at anyone who disagrees.

This times infinity and beyond.

I guess it's something like:
You're not allowed to disagree with personal opinion. Oh wait, that would mean my personal opinion has no value and doesn't count because it's different from yours?..

But no, no, no not the opinion in general. Just the way it was expressed. But the way it was expressed was the main part of the opinion in the first place. It cant be different from yours and not be called whining? Now, I'm really confused too.

A definite exercise in "Who's on First" type of understanding.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But, but, but...Maybe if you just threw in a couple of mentions of the brand's worth or maybe how young the team is, or ...?

Heck, I can't even fake it either bro. LOL!

Is it whining or is it articulating a "personal opinion" of concern towards an organization's lack of overall success? In comparison, to say, not only a few current franchises, but to also a strong historical on field dominance that THIS once proud franchise used to hold as it's own Gold standard. That's not whining. That's your opinion backed by factual evidence "expressed" in contrary terms to someone else's opinion who happens to see a more positive outlook....Opinions Vary. Fact of Life.

You get that 'whining' and 'articulating an opinion' aren't synonyms for each other, right? Like, you can articulate even an extremely negative opinion without whining at the same time. Nobody takes any issue with a rationally articulated opinion. But there's a huge difference between those two things.

And, yes, it's a fact of life that opinions vary. It's equally the case that not all opinions are equal just because the people who hold them love them the same. Objectively uninformed or biased-by-an-emotional-response opinions actually do exist. People used to think Dane Cook was funny. He wasn't.

Fire407

Reaction score
It appears short sighted to claim action without sensible solutions in place.

Wanting Garrett fired is only good action if we have a better replacement.

It seems a reasonable inquiry to ask what other puppets we’d want or why Jerry would finally give up control to attract greater prospects ?
We don't need a better replacement, just a replacement that won't be treated like a son. Jerry at least wouldn't hesitate to fire another guy if he didn't get the job done. I'm afraid that we will win another playoff game this coming season and Jerry will see that as a sign to keep Jason another 10 years. And again, I don't expect the Cowboys to ever win a Super Bowl with JG as head coach, so the sooner he's gone the better in my mind.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We don't need a better replacement, just a replacement that won't be treated like a son. Jerry at least wouldn't hesitate to fire another guy if he didn't get the job done. I'm afraid that we will win another playoff game this coming season and Jerry will see that as a sign to keep Jason another 10 years. And again, I don't expect the Cowboys to ever win a Super Bowl with JG as head coach, so the sooner he's gone the better in my mind.
That’s the whole point. Of course we’d need a better replacement. The prospects for that is very doubtful with Jerry’s agendas which makes its more unlikely we’ll win another Super Bowl because of Jerry’s ways. And why the sooner Jerry’s gone will our chances increase.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure how we can compare the eras?

In the 70’s and 90’s we had teams that had played in championship games or won them. This team hadn’t ever made it to that level. Not sure how it’s under achieving for a team that’s never made it further?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As Cowboy fans we really need to move past this expectation that because we’ve had championship eras in the past we should in the future.

How many decades will it take for our mentality to move past this notion?

Our expectations should be based on the results of the era. Once we make it to a championship then we can begin to expect to return with this team.

But to simply have these expectations because of our history 25 and 50 years ago appears unreasonable.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be the ultimate goal but how do we consider a team that’s never excelled to be underachieving?

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That’s the whole point. Of course we’d need a better replacement. The prospects for that is very doubtful with Jerry’s agendas which makes its more unlikely we’ll win another Super Bowl because of Jerry’s ways. And why the sooner Jerry’s gone will our chances increase.
This vendetta about the owner is monotonous.

You guys do realize Jerrah does stuff like draft guys like Jaylon Smith and Gregory?

He approves and pursues trades like Cooper and Earl Thomas to improve the team as GM?

He has approved the drafting of Zeke and Dak that has elevated the team exponentially?

Approved our All Pro OL with high draft picks?

Is in the HofF because he knows what he is doing..not becuz he's a rich SOB?

There will come a day he is gone and while some will celebrate..

the facts are that Stephen is not the man Jerrah is and we may take a step back not forward.

Change does not always mean success.

Some here need to show a little range in their certainty of conviction.

If you are wrong about Jerrah..

what then?

No skin off your back.

You go back to the water cooler and ***** somemore.

Easy pesy.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
I17uOOn.jpg

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You can look at it from "The last 20 years" point of view, or more realistically IMO, look at the Prescott/Elliott era and be optimistic that we are getting better. 2017 was a rough go, but there were multiple factors. But 2 division titles in 3 years, 2 playoff games in 3 years and a playoff win is pretty encouraging.
Looking and putting so much emphasis on the past is a sign of depression. I like the "now."

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I want Kellen Moore to succeed and I will be thrilled if he does. What’s different about Norv Turner and Ernie Zampiesi compared to Moore is they both had a lot more experience. With only one year of coaching experience under his belt, making him an OC seems like an unnecessary risk. Because if he’s in over his head, it won’t be pretty.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Kellen Moore is a young genius and leads us to great places. But history says he’s a high risk hire.

Well that's Jerry for you...

Diehardblues

Reaction score

You guys do realize Jerrah does stuff like draft guys like Jaylon Smith and Gregory?

He approves and pursues trades like Cooper and Earl Thomas to improve the team as GM?

He has approved the drafting of Zeke and Dak that has elevated the team exponentially?

the facts are that Stephen is not the man Jerrah is and we may take a step back not forward.

what then?

No skin off your back.

Easy pesy.
Jerry isn’t in the HOF for football operations but instead his contributions to the league.

Amazing we even need to go over this. Wow

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Jerry isn’t in the HOF for football operations but instead his contributions to the league.

Amazing we even need to go over this. Wow
And you and your pounding away at the owner has been gone over again and again.

Of course his 3 SBs has no weight at all for him.?

And your opinion of the HofF committee of Jerrah's election was also what?

Uniformed?

Man..you are jaded.

Reactions: G2

kskboys

Reaction score

what then?

No skin off your back.

Easy pesy.

You have this wrong, Red. Jerry is in the HOF as an owner, so yes, he's in the HOF because he's a rich SOB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you and your pounding away at the owner has been gone over again and again.

Of course his 3 SBs has no weight at all for him.?

And your opinion of the HofF committee of Jerrah's election was also what?

Uniformed?

Man..you are jaded.
You don’t realize Jerry was inducted for his contributions to the league. Lol

Whose uniformed?