What three living football players...

Gibbs II

Reaction score
acheman said:
We knew that just based on your sig pic and user name, you didn't even have to type anything.:)

Actually, I have met DG's son and talked to him before and know people who are friends with him since he goes to a local HS.

Also, why would i have emmitt if i was just a homer?

And santana simply because of the homerism.

Also, look at all of yours! So many have Smith, or Irvin, or Aikman or some other Dallas star. Chill out.

As for I dunno what im talking about. It was obvious it was about the food. Nice job trying to twist my words around, i think i got over that when I was 5

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Dick Butkus. Art Donovan (is he still alive) and Tony Dorsett

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kobe2jail said:
Dick Butkus. Art Donovan (is he still alive) and Tony Dorsett

Hey, you have a interesting screen name! Well, Koby is another example of a star athlete that MAY have comitted a crime, and got away with it...just like Sean Taylor will get away with his...

Why don't you have a mod change your screen name to:

SeanTaylor2jail

:laugh2:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun said:
Donovan McNabb. He's sitting on thousands of cans of soup.

Yeah, but you will have to put up with his irratating mother :laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jazzcat22 said:
Don't forget to invite Barry Switzer.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

He does like his hotdogs, huh? Can't even wait for the game to end!

You have earned one Silver Star...:star:

:laugh1:

kidcard76

Reaction score
Living: Emmitt Smith... Chuck Bednarik.... Sam Huff

Sam Huff... the man was one of the toughest players in the history of the game...durring his Giants and Commanders careers he became one of the most feared men in the game... god i would hate to have been hit by that guy....

Chuck Bednarik... Concrete Charilie..... and thats what he was.. solid concrete... he played with more heart than anyone i have ever seen play, especialy today... i am reminded of the hit he layed on Frank Gifford at the end of a hard fought OT game in the mid 1950s... he knocked frank out cold and that ended franks potential game saving run and Chuck placed his huge foot on giffords chest and said "this *** game is over!!!! sorry frank".... FRIGGIN CLASSIC!!!!! man the stories that man would tell at the dinner table.....

Emmitt Smith... come on... we all know the answer to this one... arguably the best RB in history... the best cowboy in history and one of the best all around players in history... Emmitt Smith was every coach, owner and fans dream of a back... and he showed it for years with the dallas cowboys... just a shame he played for the cards those last couple years... i know he went out a cowboy but i would have liked to have seen him end it the year he broke the record... any hoo...... Emmitt will be a first ballot HOFer.. i would love to shoot the Sh.t with him for sure...

Dead: My idol Johnny Unitas... Jim Thorpe... Bronko Nagurski

Nagurski... one quote sums it all up "i knew that when you bled from the ears it was a bad sign... years later a doctor told me it meant you were going to die"... he refers to a monsterous block he laid on some poor defensive player... the man was solid and ate the ball up when he held it... one of the true greats...

Thorpe... what can i say... he IS football... if in heaven there is a football god it is him.. without Jim Thorpe there is no NFL... he paved the way for everyone living and dead that dawned an NFL or AFL or any pro football uniform... unstopable speed and agility... he ran like a deer and kicked like a clap of thunder... the man could still punt the ball 50+ many years after his retirement at age 60...

And THE MAN... Golden Arm... John Unitas... greatest QB of all time... clutch all the way.. he was the first field general... he led his troops to battle and to victory after vitory... the 1958 championship game will forever stand as the greatest game ever played... "unitas hands it to ameche...AMECHE SCORES ITS OVER ITS OVER".... unreal... john conducted himself with poise and grace on and off the field of play... i tell you right now... on September 11th 2002 as our nation morned the 1 year aniversary of the tragic events of 9-11-01 we lost one of the best football players ever... one of this worlds brightest stars... john unitas ... there will never be another one like him.

And those are my picks...

as far as food...

BBQ ribs.... if u must know:starspin

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kidcard76 said:

Sam Huff... the man was one of the toughest players in the history of the game...durring his Giants and Commanders careers he became one of the most feared men in the game... god i would hate to have been hit by that guy....

Chuck Bednarik... Concrete Charilie..... and thats what he was.. solid concrete... he played with more heart than anyone i have ever seen play, especialy today... i am reminded of the hit he layed on Frank Gifford at the end of a hard fought OT game in the mid 1950s... he knocked frank out cold and that ended franks potential game saving run and Chuck placed his huge foot on giffords chest and said "this *** game is over!!!! sorry frank".... FRIGGIN CLASSIC!!!!! man the stories that man would tell at the dinner table.....

Emmitt Smith... come on... we all know the answer to this one... arguably the best RB in history... the best cowboy in history and one of the best all around players in history... Emmitt Smith was every coach, owner and fans dream of a back... and he showed it for years with the dallas cowboys... just a shame he played for the cards those last couple years... i know he went out a cowboy but i would have liked to have seen him end it the year he broke the record... any hoo...... Emmitt will be a first ballot HOFer.. i would love to shoot the Sh.t with him for sure...

Nagurski... one quote sums it all up "i knew that when you bled from the ears it was a bad sign... years later a doctor told me it meant you were going to die"... he refers to a monsterous block he laid on some poor defensive player... the man was solid and ate the ball up when he held it... one of the true greats...

Thorpe... what can i say... he IS football... if in heaven there is a football god it is him.. without Jim Thorpe there is no NFL... he paved the way for everyone living and dead that dawned an NFL or AFL or any pro football uniform... unstopable speed and agility... he ran like a deer and kicked like a clap of thunder... the man could still punt the ball 50+ many years after his retirement at age 60...

And THE MAN... Golden Arm... John Unitas... greatest QB of all time... clutch all the way.. he was the first field general... he led his troops to battle and to victory after vitory... the 1958 championship game will forever stand as the greatest game ever played... "unitas hands it to ameche...AMECHE SCORES ITS OVER ITS OVER".... unreal... john conducted himself with poise and grace on and off the field of play... i tell you right now... on September 11th 2002 as our nation morned the 1 year aniversary of the tragic events of 9-11-01 we lost one of the best football players ever... one of this worlds brightest stars... john unitas ... there will never be another one like him.

as far as food...

That is some serious football history...thanks for sharing that!

You have earned three Silver Stars! :star: :star: :star:

ghst187

Reaction score
personally, i think football players should be honored to invite me to dinner
they make a heck of a lot more money than I do and they don't get shot at, at least not at work....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ghst187 said:
personally, i think football players should be honored to invite me to dinner
they make a heck of a lot more money than I do and they don't get shot at, at least not at work....

Well, if you are a Police Officer, a Fire Fighter, a Military Man/Women or a School Teacher...and a Doctor, or in Medicine, I totally agree!

Those athletes are nothing compared to the folks that actually protect us from harms way...and help to sculpt our youth!

You have earned four Silver Stars....

:star: :star: :star: :star: Make that 5 Silver Stars!

Renesis

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, Darrell Green, Jerry Rice

Food? Who needs food when you're privy to that conversation?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Interesting question. I guess I would have Bob Lilly, Roger Staubach, and Don Perkins over to talk about the good old days.

We would have Mexican food. My wife makes some awesome chicken enchiladas.

If I could have guys who are deceased it would be Tom Landry, Johnny Unitas, and Otto Graham.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
kidcard76 said:

as far as food...

You and I have a lot in common my friend. I am still Johnny U when I play QB, wearing my black hightops.

Nagurski and Thorpe, great choices.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Drew Pearson (He would have plenty of opinions and is an intelligent person as well).

Darren Woodson (intelligent and thoughtful individual should make interesting conversation)

Darrel Johnston (another intelligent individual)

I consider that these guys to possess the intellect to make for an interesting evening. They would have insight into the game of football as well as being able to intelligently discuss a wide variety of other subjects.

I don't care for the type of moronic conversation that you would get from the likes of Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders and their ilk. They would probably end up talking about nothing but themselves all night.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
meredith, roger, and aikman... three kings. meredith would have us all in tears. he's a hoot.

second choice: staubach, bradshaw, and stabler.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Living: Troy, Emmitt, Dat

Deceased: Sweetness, Landry, Bullet Bob

Non cowboys: Terrell Davis, Mark Jackson, Barry Sanders

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Deceased: Sweetness, Landry, Bullet Bob
If we had been talking all time this might very well have been my list as well. All three came to mind while I was thinking of my list. Loved all three of them.