What to do with Prescott and this contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes they were two different posts. The first one was most teams. And the second was a reply and him saying of course no teams. I think it was a misunderstanding. Because we love our football and it’s a heated conversation.

There is no misunderstanding. He followed up the lie by claiming "you inserted the word no one" after I have showed him his post several times.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is no misunderstanding. He follow up the lie by claiming "you inserted the word no one" after I have showed him his post several times.
You without a doubt you did not change the wording.It is definitely there. It was just in a second post. That’s why it’s confusing.to him

cern

Reaction score
Its a sad day when a poster has to lie point blank when confronted with his own words.

That's almost like breaking the unwritten code. Pathetic.
In this case, he is correct. His first does not use the words no one, etc. The second does, but the context is slightly different. Doesn't change the fact most of his posts against jerry are unsubstantiated.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You didn’t copy and paste it you focker. You edited it you lying twerp. I didn’t use the word “ nobody “ or “ no one”. I said most.
You actually did use the word nobody. But it was a second post. He definitely did not change or edit your sentence. Be good be safe people. New subject

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You without a doubt you did not change the wording.It is definitely there. It was just in a second post. That’s why it’s confusing.to him

Yep...…...he confused himself because he cant remember his own lies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In this case, he is correct. His first does not use the words no one, etc. The second does, but the context is slightly different. Doesn't change the fact most of his posts against jerry are unsubstantiated.

The argument was not whether he used the word NOBODY. That is simply is slippery lie once he realized he did say "no one". He even states several times that I inserted "No one". He is a busted liar.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In that post yes. But you weren’t quoting that one. You said in the one we’re discussing I said “nobody”. Moving the goal post now. I’ll take that as you’re at least going back and reading them.

BUSTED!!!!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Personally, I am disappointed that he is all about the money. I guess in reality, I cant blame him for that, but I thought this process would be different. He is clearly trying to maximize EVERY dollar he can get now and in the future.

That being said, what do we do about his demands? Its pretty clear now that he will either accept the 35 million for 4 years or wants that 45 million tagged on for the 5th year. I think at the end of the day, if that 5th year came around, most of us would be more than happy to have paid that extra 10 million for another year. Dak will continue to improve and with MM I have a feeling this team is really going to take off. By then, Dak will be right outside the top 5 if not in there by that time.

Most likely Cooper and Zeke will be let go after another two years. That would free up 35 million.

Still, its a lot to ask for. I think we either do one of two things:

-Just go with the 4 year deal at 35 million per and start drafting and grooming a young QB for 4 years from now. And hopefully look to trade Dak and get something for him. This is NOT a bad plan. Especially if we devote the time to finding that young replacement and he is ready once the contract is up.

-Give into that 5th year, but simply pay him 45 million for that 5th year and don't make it guaranteed. So if we really want to keep him and we are in some kind of SB run then we have an option. If we can get them to agree to that.

I don't see any way that we should give in to this 5th year for 45 million. My only concern is Jerry. Will he take too long to groom a new guy or not do it at all?

Thoughts?

In recent years there's only been one team to fully guarantee the entire contract, Cousin's contract with the vikings. If it turns out that Prescott signs a 4 year deal probably only the 1st 2 years would be fully guaranteed and if it is a 5 year deal probably only the 1st 3 years would be fully guaranteed but more than likely still only the 1st 2 years. Either case the signing bonus that would be spread out through the entire contract would work in Prescott's favor as far as being released after the guaranteed years because of the dead money on the cap.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop the personal attacks and name calling and page after page of yes you did and no I didn't childish arguments.

Put each other on ignore if you can't discuss the issues in a civil manner.

Knock it off.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The simple route is let him play under the tag and see what type of year it is, with the offensive players around him there should be no doubt of what he is worth. If he doesn't want to play under the tag let him sit out the season and go from there. I know most believe Jerry will cave at some point so honestly it doesn't matter until July 16th.
this is the best option. See what he does this year and go from there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Again, you seem really slow to evaluate. Do you need to see a QB win a SB to tell if he is quality? Coach?

MM has proven himself already and then the short term results only underline that.

Dak has been here for 4 years. If you need another year then you just aren't too good at all this.

It was obvious with Dak his rookie year and the 3 years since then have only bolstered that evidence.

And he did all that with the bad coaching all around.
then how do you explain the gb game last year?? watch that and tell me how it ....bolstered that evidence.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry will cave, even though 35 million is at the top for a QB. I thought 33m was what he should get, but I am not going to ruin our team and this run for 2 million per year.

I don't think letting him play on the tag does any good. 35 million will seem like a bargain in two years. To most of us, Dak has already proven himself. And he is getting better every year :muttley:as predicted.

I agree that we should at least test him and hold out until the bitter end. Probably let him hold out for a bit into TC before he caves.

Another day and still no contract for Dak.....
1m3tw1.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
Somehow Ryan Tannehill proved enough in less than 1 season for the Titans to give him a contract that he is happy with (and should be because Tannehill doesn't deserve crap) yet after 4 damn seasons...in which Dak has never missed a start and has basically played from start to finish in every game save the last game of 2016...

Dallas needs even more time.

Yet the Rams and Eagles, where Wentz was injured 2/3 seasons and his backup looked better than him, got Goff and Wentz paid...

Funny world we live in.

I would gladly give Dak the same contract Wentz got, but according to reports, Dak wants a lot more than Wentz. On the other hand, I would not have given Goff the contract he got. But just because the Rams may have made a mistake with Goff does not mean the Cowboys should make a mistake with Dak. As you know there is more to consider than just Dak. With the salary cap the Cowboys have to worry about keeping a team around Dak so paying Dak what he is worth to them and not a penny more is prudent, no matter what the Rams gave Goff.

I never understood this argument that because so-and-so got so much money then my guy should get paid too. Every contract is a separate cost-benefit analysis. I am a Dak supporter in general. But I would not screw the team cap-wise to pay him whatever he wants. To me, my outside bid would be $35 million a year for no less than 5 years. Dak wants more $ and fewer years so he can put this team through this contract stuff again sooner.

This situation is no different than the Byron Jones situation. Byron got $16.5 million. That was too much for the Cowboys so they let him go. Byron was their best CB and a really good guy. The Cowboys made the right decision for the entire team. They are apparently trying to do the same with Dak. I commend them for it, if true. Over paying players hurt this team in the past. As a fan I hope we do not go back to that.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have read thru most of these posts and I’ve come to the conclusion that opinions vary on this topic, lol.

Creeper

Reaction score
You mean prove it again?

Prove what again? Dak is refusing to sign the agreement the Cowboys offered him. He intends to play on the franchise tag. That's his choice. If he plays poorly of course people will question his value. That's the risk he is taking.