What Tony Pollard’s Numbers Make Clear

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What his numbers really make clear is that he's great in space but not so great at pushing the pile. He's great in a tandem w/ a Z type.
It frustrates me how often a discussion about using Pollard turns into a full court defense of Zeke. We need both these guys to have a good running game. I just want see Pollard get more than 3 carries like he had in game one. He’s a different kind of weapon than Zeke.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It frustrates me how often a discussion about using Pollard turns into a full court defense of Zeke. We need both these guys to have a good running game. I just want see Pollard get more than 3 carries like he had in game one. He’s a different kind of weapon than Zeke.
+1

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sorry but you got it backwards. Felix was better in the change up back role than Pollard has been so far. Felix averaged 8.9 ypc his rookie season. People here got excited when Pollard averaged 5..

Felix Jones' first two seasons:

carries yards avg TD long rec yards avg TD long KOR yards avg TD long

146 951 6.5 6 60 21 129 6.2 0 30 46 1112 24.3 1 90

Tony Pollard's first two seasons

187 890 4.75 6 44 43 300 6.9 2 30 46 1011 21.98 0 67

So Felix had a higher ypc on the ground, a slightly lower average per reception and a higher kick return average. Felix also had HIS career high game in that playoff win against the Eagles.. Pollard has not gotten the chance to enjoy any playoff success yet.

As I keep saying, there is no need to diss one player to uplift another. Pollard has been good in the change of pace back role. But Felix Jones was better.

Felix Jones was great until he bulked up.

The Jason Garrett RB bulk up has only worked out for 1 guy and that was Demarco Murray.

kskboys

Reaction score
Very frustrating. This is not an either or proposition. I like both as players.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
There are some seriously ignorant poster on this site. Pollard isn't better than Zek, people need to hit a knee and thank god we have Zek. It's a long season and Zek will be at the top of his game when it's all said and done.

Batman1980

Reaction score
There are some seriously ignorant poster on this site. Pollard isn't better than Zek, people need to hit a knee and thank god we have Zek. It's a long season and Zek will be at the top of his game when it's all said and done.

This isn't 2018. Zeke is a shell of his Ohio State self. The best path forward is what we've been doing, funneling the offense through Dak's arm and giving Pollard and Zeke pretty much a 50/50 split in touches.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Emmit had very few big runs. You can look it up and it's quite obvious. He had 17career carries of over 40 yds.

Now, turn it around. Why did Belly keep bringing Blount back? He was definitely not Belly's type of player.

See RonnieT's posts on how Z is being given tougher carries.

LOL.............so Zeke gets tough carries and Pollard gets easy carries? Its amazing the desperate lengths you Zeke guys will go to defend your hero.

How do you get a tough carry?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Why would anyone be thankful that we have a 15 million dollar per year short yardage blocking fullback? This team would be better off if that money spent elsewhere. Go out and sign a RB like Sony Michelle, Mark Ingram, or Jamaal Williams and were fine.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This isn't 2018. Zeke is a shell of his Ohio State self. The best path forward is what we've been doing, funneling the offense through Dak's arm and giving Pollard and Zeke pretty much a 50/50 split in touches.

Yep and some of us having been telling the Zeke apologists this for a couple years now. All while they tell us that Zeke is the best RB in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His numbers show if you’re the back up and the defense focuses on the starter, you can sneak by the. From Time to time. Zeke ran fir one td and drew the attention of most of the defense on pollards so he gets the assist.

LOL.............Why would anyone focus on Zeke? The nonsense that you apologists come up with is hilarious.

-Pollard does well because of Zeke
-Zeke gets the tough carries and Pollard gets the easy carries
-Zeke can only do well if he gets 30 carries a game
-Pollard is the Troy Hambrick syndrome

yada yada yada...................Some of us have been telling you how good Pollard was for 2 years now. None of you would listen. Zeke was the best RB in the NFL...............yada yada yada.

Now that Pollard is getting more opportunities he is proving you all wrong. And its quite clear that Zeke's better days are behind him and he isnt close to top 5 or even top 10 RB's in the NFL.

Zeke at this point is just struggling to prove he is better than Pollard.

stiletto

Reaction score

This is well said. Fans don't care about Zeke's bank account but we see him NOT breaking tackles or storming around the edge for 10. I know we all see that. It's what he does on the field. Pollard needs to play A LOT more. It's Jerry's fault all day for paying a RB ridiculous money nowadays. Dumbest thing I've seen besides signing/thinking Jaylon is all world. There was just a lot of idiot ideology going around The Star at around the same time. LOL

stiletto

Reaction score
LOL.............Why would anyone focus on Zeke? The nonsense that you apologists come up with is hilarious.

yada yada yada...................Some of us have been telling you how good Pollard was for 2 years now. None of you would listen. Zeke was the best RB in the NFL...............yada yada yada.

Now that Pollard is getting more opportunities he is proving you all wrong. And its quite clear that Zeke's better days are behind him and he isnt close to top 5 or even top 10 RB's in the NFL.

I am not sure it even needs to be argued anymore. For what Jerry is paying Zeke, it's pretty obvious Pollard should be getting a good % of that paycheck. Everyone knows it. At least Zeke's dogs are fed well. Maybe they won't kill his tree-trimmers because they aren't starved. So there is some good in it. LOL!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL.............so Zeke gets tough carries and Pollard gets easy carries? Its amazing the desperate lengths you Zeke guys will go to defend your hero.

How do you get a tough carry?
I'm not a Zeke guy. What now?

kskboys

Reaction score

Ask opposing DC's. They do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not sure it even needs to be argued anymore. For what Jerry is paying Zeke, it's pretty obvious Pollard should be getting a good % of that paycheck. Everyone knows it. At least Zeke's dogs are fed well. Maybe they won't kill his tree-trimmers because they aren't starved. So there is some good in it. LOL!!!

The Zeke extension was a massive mistake. Had Jerry called Zeke's bluff and let him hold out those first 3 weeks in 2019 maybe the extension never happens.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ask opposing DC's. They do.

Sure buddy, go ask an opposing DC. More nonsense.

At this point, if the Cowboys are handing the ball off to Zeke the DC's are loving it. Let Zeke plod his way down the field for long plodding drives.

Its odd because you and I typically agree on everything. Its this Zeke thing that we disagree on. Not understanding how you cant see the obvious here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn't notice or respond to the zeke hate comments...lol sorta