What trade value does Dak have?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I am not on team anti-Dak, in fact I think he can be a good player. However, assuming we tank this season and look to move on, what can we get for him? After a down year, I'd think a 2nd is possible for a team looking for a vet.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I think we'd be lucky to get back the 4th unless his play improves. And if it does Jerry and co will likely want to keep him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think you could get around his draft value, because some HC or OC think they can figure him out and he does have a decent body of work to this point.

bornafan1981

Reaction score
I think you could get around his draft value, because some HC or OC think they can figure him out and he does have a decent body of work to this point.
Sounds like Sean Payton. He has Bridgewater this season, but he'll have nothing if Brees retires this offseason.

Im thinking a 5th

DFWJC

Reaction score
I am not on team anti-Dak, in fact I think he can be a good player. However, assuming we tank this season and look to move on, what can we get for him? After a down year, I'd think a 2nd is possible for a team looking for a vet.
All depends on how he plays the rest of the season.

Though I never really expect 2016 again--thought that would adjust over time for many reasons--I did think he'd be better this year than last .
Maybe QB rating in the 90s with a TD-int diff of 15-20. So kind of top 15 or so would've been nice

But that isn't remotely happening so far. Because he's young and had that good year two season ago, maybe a 3rd?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Zero, he's the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Come on.

Even if he was traded for the purpose of being a back-up, on his rookie contract, he'd fetch a 5th at minimum.

I think a team that sees something in him, and if he plays at a decent standard this season, would easily fork over a 2nd.

If he gets back to par, we still fire Garrett and the new HC wants a new regime (meaning Prescott plays like he did in '16), a 1st is not out of the question.

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
I'd say if the draft capital was good enough to heck with trading him. Cut him and draft new and improved quarterback.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd say if the draft capital was good enough to heck with trading him. Cut him and draft new and improved quarterback.
Why cut him? That makes zero sense. If we need a new one, bring him in and let him compete, and let Dak be the backup.

I'm seriously not getting your line of thought here.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'm hoping you had one too many to drink during the games, because that makes absolutely no sense.

Why give him away for nothing?

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
I'm hoping you had one too many to drink during the games, because that makes absolutely no sense.

Why give him away for nothing?

No one is going to give up anything for dak. Who would be improving their team by signing dak? So what you're gonna draft his replacement and.....? Wait around for the trade that probably won't come?

kskboys

Reaction score
No one is going to give up anything for dak. Who would be improving their team by signing dak? So what you're gonna draft his replacement and.....? Wait around for the trade that probably won't come?
Why get rid of him at all? If he doesn't make it as a starter, he'd be a nice backup. Why would you just cut him?

TB.

jsb357

Reaction score
talking about picks maybe a 2

plus it depends on who's 2