What trade value does Dak have?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I remember when I said after year one we shoulda fleeced a team for a bunch of 1sts with him and people tried to laugh me outta here.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
A team with a good quarterbacks coach and OC would take him in a hear beat.

I don't get it, people complain about Linehan and Moore, and about Wade Wilson before that, but when Dak falters it's all Dak's fault.

Guess that means that those people think Linehan and Moore would work wonders with a high draft pick quarterback?

Doesn't matter who the quarterback is, Cowboys could get Brady for a starter and Brees for a backup and this team would still finish 10-6 and lose the first playoff game....

Londonboy

Reaction score
It's a basic paradoxical inversion.
The worse He plays, the more We need to get rid of Him, the less trade value He has.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I think we'd be lucky to get back the 4th unless his play improves. And if it does Jerry and co will likely want to keep him.

It wasn't really a 4th round pick, it was a 4th round comp pick, which is really a 5ht round pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not on team anti-Dak, in fact I think he can be a good player. However, assuming we tank this season and look to move on, what can we get for him? After a down year, I'd think a 2nd is possible for a team looking for a vet.
Tyrod Taylor got traded for a 3rd. Dak is a better QB than Taylor and is still incredibly cheap. I would value him at a 2nd

However, Taylors performance in Cleveland may have the possibility of us getting even a day 2 for a borderline QB.

Personally I feel if you are making a move for Herbert and have to give up a chunk of capital. You in turn trade away Prescott to refund at least a small part of what you give up. Every pick matters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one is going to give up anything for dak. Who would be improving their team by signing dak? So what you're gonna draft his replacement and.....? Wait around for the trade that probably won't come?
No one was giving anything for Tyrod either