WHAT WAS THE MOST embarrassing?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
More than once Qball slid while running on third down only to come up a Yard short.

More emabarrassing to me is the constant "reaches" the Cowboys take:

cRyan Leaf
Q Car
D. Underwood
Vinny
Eddie George
Adrain Murrell
Babe Laughenberg was pretty funny too

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The 95 off-season after winning a SB we are treated to drug abuse and the breaking news of the so called white house story. Cowboys became the target of every reporter as the poster child of druggies in the NFL and endless jokes about the Cowboy players. No loss has ever hurt as much as these events

StevenOtero

Reaction score
DanTanna said:
More than once Qball slid while running on third down only to come up a Yard short.

More emabarrassing to me is the constant "reaches" the Cowboys take:

cRyan Leaf
Q Car
D. Underwood
Vinny
Eddie George
Adrain Murrell
Babe Laughenberg was pretty funny too

Hahaha , yeah I had high hopes for Eddie George .... what a waste of money. Like everytime he ran the ball he got a lil rythm then just fell down. Vinny ..... we won't go there. Mr. Game give-awayer. The INT King lol. And I think Quincy should've stayed clean.... getting paid all that money to go have fun. Plus he would've grown to be a good QB. Lets face it he did choke a lot. But he was very mobile and could hit the gas (sometimes) if trouble was closing in. But oh well lets see what Bledsoe has to offer. I'm not getting my hopes up at all. I'm just going to wait and see. But I think Henson is also mobile too , he can run somewhat. But lets just wait and seeeeeeee .......

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
In 95 we were 8-1 and cocky as hell. We get the 9'ers @ Texas Stadium for a rematch of our loss in the previous years NFC Title Game. The 9'ers weren't playing all that well and our players and fans were talkin' major trash. I just KNEW we would destroy them. Of course, Elvis Grbac and Jerry Rice set the tone by gashing our D early. That was a very humbling game but the season turned out well :)

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
QC and the Houston opening game. That was just about the most shameful day in Texas history. Remember QC throwing the ball to Campo on the sidelines? ***

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Vertigo_17 said:
QC and the Houston opening game. That was just about the most shameful day in Texas history. Remember QC throwing the ball to Campo on the sidelines? ***

I agree...although I think QC was throwing to this guy:

B00015OYPQ.01-A25ZI57Y3P9YJO._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That was the most embarrassing moment as a Cowboys fan. One, hearing Theismann, Patrick, and Fat Boy laughing it up all game long. Two, Campo with the hands-on-hips and head shake. Three, QC throwing to the gatorade bucket. Four, David Carr running down the field after his first TD pass of his career. Five, and most importantly, seeing that one fan sign saying, "I don't care if we go 1-15 as long as we beat Dallas!"

jsond

Reaction score
most embarrissing player: gotta be Leon Lett. Such an awesome talent but career will be defined by those 2 plays. The superbowl play didn't bother me that bad as I will still on the high of my life knowing Dallas was about to be World Champs w/ such a young team. My brother was a bit upset as he had 9 and 7 on his superbowl squares for the 4th q.. Think if he had scored the score would have been 59-17 instead of 52-17, not exactly sure but he was furious.

The thanksgiving play killed me as all of my family are not cowboys fans and they laughed their-you-know-whats off for a long time after that play. But I always remind them of how that loss was the last one Dallas had that season..until they won the superbowl :)

Most embarrasing play?

cant go w/ the TO star thing since Teague was my hero that day.

the catch? maybe but that is more embarrasing since the media plays it over and over and losing on the road vs Montana wasn't embarrasing although that game brought me to tears.

gonna go w/ a 3 say tie:

the entire 2001? i think it was draft with Q ("hey we did good by moving down a bit in the 2nd rd. when nobody was going to take him til the mid-late 3rd") by the time they took Dixon I don't remeber that low of a point as a Cowboy fan since the '94 loss to the 9ers (nothing embarassing there except for Switzer)

Mcnabb's eternal time in the pocket on the monday nighter last year which made me giddy that Parcells concentrated on defense so much this offseason.

the opening day loss to the Texans. Didn't think we deserved being an 8pt favorite in that game but still felt we had no businsess losing. What a depressing way to get the season started. Seems like we do a good job of bouncing back in week 2 but I am hopeful we can finally get that elusive opening day victory this yr vs a tough Chargers team.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
To me, the most embarassing moment in Cowboys history was the unceremonious dumping of Tom Landry after Jerry bought the team.

Now maybe it was time for a change. Would Dallas had won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years had Landry remained coach? I seriously doubt it. But the way the whole thing was handled was a disgrace. Tom Landry deserved better.

I'd like to have a nickel for every time someone has told me, "I used to like the Cowboys, until they fired Tom Landry." Now you can debate whether it's justifiable, but the Dallas Cowboys lost a lot of fans over that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
StarMan said:
To me, the most embarassing moment in Cowboys history was the unceremonious dumping of Tom Landry after Jerry bought the team.

Now maybe it was time for a change. Would Dallas had won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years had Landry remained coach? I seriously doubt it. But the way the whole thing was handled was a disgrace. Tom Landry deserved better.

I'd like to have a nickel for every time someone has told me, "I used to like the Cowboys, until they fired Tom Landry." Now you can debate whether it's justifiable, but the Dallas Cowboys lost a lot of fans over that.

To this day I lay that blame on the owner at the time and that was Bum Bright, he knew what was going on yet never told Landry of the situation that would have allowed Landry to step down. I would agree that Jerry himself could have handled it better but I clearly understood his excitement and enthusiasm of just buying the Dallas Cowboys.

Manster68

Reaction score
1. Losing to the Commanders on MNF when all Washington had was replacement players and Dallas was a veteran-laden team. That was 1987.

2. Losing to Houston on SNF on the Texan's inaugural game. How sad was that?

3. Losing to the Detroit Lions in 1981 when Dallas was Super Bowl caliber with a 17-0 lead. John Dutton gets hurt, and Larry Bethea replaces him. The Lions constantly ran right up Bethea's gap. Eddie Murray kicks the game-winning FG at the end of regulation with 12 men on the field (which helped solidify SF getting home-field advantage)

4. Losing to Buffalo 14-3 when the Bills ended up 2-14 that season. That cost Dallas a tenth straight postseason appearance in which they would have extended to 11 in 1985.

5. When the Head Coach of America's Team gets arrested at an airport with a handgun, then we fans all know which way the Cowboys were heading.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Moments...

Our playoff loss to Washington in 82

The infamous 4 and 1 game up in Philly in either '94 or '95. i was actually in Philly at the time. UGH!

The game vs. Pitt last year. It was actually a good game. But I'll never forget seeing all those Terrible Towels waving in Texas Stadium. Half the stadium had to be occupied by Steeler fans. That was terrible...

ghst187

Reaction score
Barry Switzer and losing to the very inferior 69ers and costing us 4 straight SBs
drafting QC
losing to the Cardinals....ever
losing to Houston on their first game
definitely Fiedler's career game against us
Just about every time we've played against idiot Moss
Jackie Smith's drop
the 90's teams' drug problems and other off-field gaffes
losing continually to the beagles, McNabb smiling for 20 seconds as he wanders around waiting for a WR to get open
about 8 straight years of ZERO pass rush
dam inability to hold the goalline against Gay Bay
Head Coach Campo
Firing Tom Landry

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing to the Houston Texans. I'll never forgive Quincy for that.

Losing to the Bears 44-0 ranks second.

Allowing the 3 200 yard rushers in 2000 ranks third.

Reaction score
Some of yall blame Quincy for too much. I remember the offensive Line especially LA getting beat like a drum he ran around half the night. Ryan Leaf , Chad Hutchinson . Steve Pueller and my man Babe was worse than he was but Quincy's name is first to come up I wonder why that is? Our playoff game home loss to Arizone was brutal very embarrassing. Leon Lett remember the SuperBowl in Atlanta at media Day he was sweating so hard I thought he was going to pass out.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel said:
Some of yall blame Quincy for too much. ... Ryan Leaf , Chad Hutchinson . Steve Pueller and my man Babe was worse than he was but Quincy's name is first to come up I wonder why that is?
Because the Cowboys never had as much invested in all those other guys as they did with Carter, and he flopped. Simple as that. Not only did he flop, but he further embarassed the franchise when he got popped on urinalysis... the saving grace was that he went on to prove Bill made the right choice by testing positive when he was with the Jets too...

Jersey

Reaction score
1. Everytime Switzer opened his mouth. However, at the same time it proved that those early 90's teams were the greatest in NFL history. No team has ever dominated a season basically without a head coach.
2. James Washington on his knees bowing to the 49ers players after the 94 playoff game. For crying out loud, we spotted them a huge lead and it took a pass interference "no-call" against Irvin to hold on for the upset. No need to give them props.
3. Eveyone on the team (minus Teague) who didn't cripple t.o. after the star treatment.