What was your first automobile?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
72 Buick Skylark with a 350. That thing would haul arse or at least until it would overheat. When my father gave it to me it already had well over 100k on it and it had never been rebuilt. The only real problem it had was the brakes would go out every once in a while :D

I ended up almost wrapping around a telephone pole after I fell asleep when I was home on leave. I hit the pole hard enough to flaten a steel fender and break the passengers side a frame but I was able to get it off the street and called my father who came with a tow truck. The police never knew it happened :D

k19

Reaction score
My first car back in 86
7478olds.jpg

1978 Oldsmobile delta 88 with the wondertful 350R Talk about sleds

my other first car. My fathers 79 Vette, his "getting out of the Air Force" present. I snuck that thing out any time I had the chance and got caught on more then 1 occasion :D
741543.jpg

The first vehicle I bought myself was a new 1995 dodge dakota extended cab with the 318. Light driftwood, bed cover, roll pan, All kinds of performance mods from the mopar catalog, I even special ordered the first set of center line covo pro's for a dakota. That thing would move.
74MVC-012F.jpg

dewey

Reaction score
1969 Volkswagen Beetle, that my brother had put mag wheels on (don't ask me why). I loved that car, no heater and everything.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
http://img42.*************/img42/1269/monza4ah.jpg

1978 Monza... brown with a sunroof...

btw... that's Juke, Paint, Adbutcher and Hos in the picture... I'm the one behind the camera... ;)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
87 Cadillac Fleetwood.

Loved that car. By the time I was done with it, it looked pretty similar to this picture.

87sdv1.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:

btw... that's Juke, Paint, Adbutcher and Hos in the picture... I'm the one behind the camera... ;)

I have never been that skinny in my lifetime lol.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue said:

My 3rd car was a maroon 78 Monza Wagon, 3 liter 6 cylinder. It had an A/C unit in it so potent you could hang meat in that car and it wouldn't spoil. Thing would freeze you out in 20 seconds.

My 2nd car was a '76 Firebird that I drag raced a lot. 122 mph quarter mile on a radar gun and 10.9 seconds on a stop watch in fact. It was a real bummer to go from a Jeep and a Hot rod to that Monza. The A/C was the only saving grace.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
trickblue said:

:laugh2:

Mine was a blue 1975 Monza with a V-8. It had a lot of motor for a little car.

Still my favorite.

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
Mine was a 79 Mustang.... man was that a great car! The first car I bought myself was an 88 Firebird Formula 350... umm umm ummm... the good ole days! Now I drive a 2004 Pontiac Aztek... my best friend told me she was proud of me... I gave up hot rods (kinda :) )

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
2342_Revell_1968_Pontic_Firebird_.jpg

Mine did not have the 2 in 1 ram air but it pretty much looked like the one in the pic...same color.

1968 Firebird 350

It had Killer seatbelts......that were in a brown paper bag in the trunk lol.

I still kick myself in the butt for letting that car go.

Getting ready to go in the army and figured I would be gone and not be able to use it so I sold it......now I wish I would have kept it and sent some money home each month so my dad could take it somewhere and have it worked on.
:mad:

that is one mean looking ride brain.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
A '72 Olds Cutless Supreme convertible...had over 150,000 miles on it when I got it in 1980, but I got my junior and senior year of high school out of it..an 8 cylinder, I needed two pillows to see out the windshield. I had another Cutless later I bought from a Puerto Rican guy for 400 bucks..a station wagon..more it broke down, the more I loved it.

Junked it years ago, but I still have the keys.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Chief said:
:laugh2:

Mine was a blue 1975 Monza with a V-8. It had a lot of motor for a little car.

Still my favorite.

Everybody had a Monza. My parents had a Monza station wagon I learned to drive stick with. It had some get up and go for an old beater station wagon.

I drove a 80 Chevette for a few months before I got a 89 Ford F-150 4x4. Piece of junk old farm truck, but it got me around and was a 4 wheel drive.

My first new car was a 2003 Mazda 6.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
A '72 Olds Cutless Supreme convertible...had over 150,000 miles on it when I got it in 1980, but I got my junior and senior year of high school out of it..an 8 cylinder, I needed two pillows to see out the windshield. I had another Cutless later I bought from a Puerto Rican guy for 400 bucks..a station wagon..more it broke down, the more I loved it.

Junked it years ago, but I still have the keys.
My nephew Aaron has one. black with 2 white rally stripes and a 454 engine.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
My nephew Aaron has one. black with 2 white rally stripes and a 454 engine.

Mine was red. Not fire engine red, but more a deep brick color.

A broken down Olds Cutlass convertible sure beat the new Honda Civics most of my girfriends were driving. I hated the very thought of a Honda....still do.

Your nephew's is 13 years into antique status..he must cherish it.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
a 72 plymouth fury 3 with a 350 and a holly 4 bbl carb.it could fit 6 people across the backseat.....comfortably.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
a brown primer 72 chevy vega,with pinstripping :D it only burned a qt of oil a week and gas was 90 cents a gallon :bang2:

SweCowboy

Reaction score
I don't even have a drivers license yet. I just haven't gotten around to getting one. And as a gallon of gas will set you back about $5.50 in Sweden driving isn't exactly cheap...

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
2000 kia sephia.

it was a good first car, (first car as in, completetly mine) but i don't miss it. she was totaled in 2003!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...it had over 100K to it.

http://www.adclassix.com/images/76dodgeaspensedan.jpg

I'm abit uneducated in this matter so maybe someone can help me out and paste the image.

The one in the ad is abit better looking than mine. It has been in a rear ender so I had to tie the rear bumper with yellow nylon rope to hold it in place. All four hubcaps were gone and there was a hole in the floor board of the driver's side where I could drop a football through onto the road if I wanted. I covered the hole with a wooden board.

The car was free and I had no money. It sucked to be me at 16.

notherbob

Reaction score
My first car was a 1955 Ford Victoria, 2-door hardtop that I bought in 1959 for $795. It was a very nice car but I was a wild man back then and it only lasted a few years. I remember getting drunk somewhere in Dallas in 62 or 63 and leaving it somewhere and I could never remember where. That's one of the reasons I quit getting drunk.