What we need as a HC

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And now, we hear from the bard:

"And all our" threads "have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!" This subject is "but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
You're not a poet, but it was a fun try!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Once upon a time, there was a coach who tried that. And he got fired.

Would you like me to read you anymore fairy tales at bedtime?
He didn't get fired, he quit. He was going to leave within 5 seasons.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If you want to look unoriginal and nerdy, have at it.

Alas, you've cut me to the quick. Hark, ye fellow fans, this street wise knave hath mortally wounded my very soul, and I shall be no more...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. It's funny how some fans just picked right up on good old TO's dissing on Garrett. I wonder if they loved him while he played in a DC uniform after dancing on the Star. I disliked TO and his antics with great vehement. Hate is an ugly word
I only tolerated him for a minute. But never liked him for what he did to the star. Man had talent but would just try to rip a team apart. Always whinning about not getting the ball. Dez is starting to do that whinning to much.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Alas, you've cut me to the quick. Hark, ye fellow fans, this street wise knave hath mortally wounded my very soul, and I shall be no more...
You and cern should share a Apple Martini. Much to discuss.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He gets the Cowboys back in the playoff next year as expected and he will be around much longer than anyone wants.
Yep. And the team is due for a 11+ win season. We may be stuck with him for a few more years. If we would at least change our OC it could improve this team.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
He gets the Cowboys back in the playoff next year as expected and he will be around much longer than anyone wants.

With the players the Cowboys have and with good sense any one on this forum should be able to get them into the playoffs, what happens after that is the main issue.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Ahhh, the competition....

No. It's just that everything that can be said already has been. Neither of us will ever convince the other, so what's the point?

Besides which, those discussions aren't really allowed in this Forum.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No. It's just that everything that can be said already has been. Neither of us will ever convince the other, so what's the point?

Besides which, those discussions aren't really allowed in this Forum.
Good point. Kind of a broken record. (stand by for latin).

RS12

Reaction score
What we need as a HC

Is not the current one.

GenoT

Reaction score
Until we get a new GM, Jason Garrett or a reasonable facsimile is what we’ll have.

Jerry tried total-authority, micro-managing coaches twice; he fired Jimmy Johnson and ran off Bill Parcells. Seriously doubt he’ll try handing his team over to this type of coach again.

WLJG

Reaction score
We need a HC who is the true leader of the other coaches and the players. A strong, true leader who does not have the bother of having the GM/owner overlooking every little move.

So, let's play what if. "What if" JG is out after this season...fired. Who would want the job as HC? Certainly not a guy who insisted on having his absolute say on assistants and the player roster. It most likely would be a JG type guy....weak and a Jones puppet. Someone would take the job for the $$$ but it would NOT be a top notch, strong candidate. Those guys would have better offers other than working for Jones. Hence, our current predicament will likely linger into the foreseeable future........

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This particular circle jerk happens all year, every year, and includes the same guys. Y'all must really, really enjoy one another.

WLJG

Reaction score
This particular circle jerk happens all year, every year, and includes the same guys. Y'all must really, really enjoy one another.
So if this type thread continues to surface "all year, every year" then there must be something to the premise that the HC is weak and the owner is inept as a GM. That MUST be the case or otherwise threads like this one would cease to exist.