What will it take for Jerry to make changes?

Romotil45

Reaction score
If we have 4 games like last game, the playcaller doesn't matter. The calls were not the issue. It was execution from the QB position that was the issue. If that continues, you have to sit him down, if even for just a game. And if Dak continues to play like he did Sunday, then yes I would put White out there. What's the worst that could happen, we don't complete a pass to wide open receivers, we got that going now.

Yeah of the two I would rather see White as well.

Reactions: CWR

Plankton

Reaction score
Garrett will be here through the end of the season minimally, unless the team completely quits on him in an obvious, embarrassing fashion.

As bad as last week was, it's amazing to me that everyone is bailing completely on the season based off of one week. This team isn't perfect, but there's a lot of mediocrity in the NFL right now.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Garrett will be here through the end of the season minimally, unless the team completely quits on him in an obvious, embarrassing fashion.

As bad as last week was, it's amazing to me that everyone is bailing completely on the season based off of one week. This team isn't perfect, but there's a lot of mediocrity in the NFL right now.

Yeah I'm not giving up after one week It was just a Hypothetical. Just wondering what it might take to shake things up. Im not really anti Garrett or Linehan or anti Dak. I really hope Dak can turn it around but last week was REALLY BAD !

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since I know they can't possibly compete I'm hoping it really goes off the rails. Like 0-16 bad. It's the best thing that could happen for this team's future.

You don't win games with a fraud front office, a weak head coach, a bad QB and terrible weapons in a passing league. You know it and I know it. It's okay to admit it.

I want the lunatic embarrassed and out of excuses. I want a man coaching the team again and with a fresh new hand picked staff. I want any thought of possibly going forward with this QB leading the team squashed for good and I want that first overall pick in the draft.

Next year just feels different.

Go Giants! (Cowboys!!)

stinkface

Reaction score
6 and 10 will get Garret fired. Anything above that and there are zero changes except perhaps we will have a new O coordinator. Its all part of the process.

jnday

Reaction score
Lmao. People think Jerry will blow it up or change anything.

He believes this is a super bowl caliber team.
If Jerry was serious about winning, he would be planning a way to trade up for the top QB in the next draft.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
6 and 10 will get Garret fired. Anything above that and there are zero changes except perhaps we will have a new O coordinator. Its all part of the process.

I really believe a 6-10 won't get Garrett fired. No way .

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
People leaving the stadium in the 3rd quarter after booing Dak in the first 3 qtrs this Sunday.

pansophy

Reaction score
Say we go winless for several games and the offense looks terrible. How many losses before Garrett takes over play calling ? Will Linehan get fired ? What will Jerry do ? What would you do ? Personally, Ill be disappointed if Garrett doesn't take over play-calling if we loose this week. What kind of record would it take for Garrett to loose his job ?
Do we need a new stadium?

Aven8

Reaction score
When 80,000+ people stop filling the stadium no matter what kind of product Jerry puts on the field

Never going to happen. I would say about 75,000 of those fans are casual fans, if at all. They don't watch this team like many on this board do all year. Half of them will still probably be cheering for Witt on Sunday......:rolleyes:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Sadly though if I learned anything this preseason its that Dak is our best option lol.I seriously doubt another QB replaces him this season.

Not with what is sitting on those sidelines. Neither of those 2 would start for my undefeated high school team right now.

Reactions: CWR

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
How many losses before Garrett takes over play calling ?
If we are 2-6 (or worse) at the halfway point, I think Garrett will have to in a last ditch effort to save his job.

Will Linehan get fired ?
In that scenario, yes I think they would dismiss Linehan.

What will Jerry do ?
Make excuses, talk about being one bounce away, say something ridiculous about how hard the team plays for Garrett.

What would you do ?
Hope for wholesale changes.

What kind of record would it take for Garrett to lose his job ?
For me personally, I'd say anything less than a victory in the playoffs and the team should move on. For Jerry, I think 7-9 or worse and he'll have no choice to finally admit he was wrong about Garrett and pull the plug.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think a QB change may happen before a coaching or playcalling change would occur based upon last week's tape. Can't make an offense much more QB friendly than what we have now, can we (without replacing O-line weaknesses, that is).

Not a Dak fan, but how is surrounding Dak with the worst wr core and TE's in the league "friendly" ?