What will it take to convince you Cowboys are for real this year?

Jipper

Reaction score
This team is nothing like the teams of years past. They have already used 30 different players on defense. When was the last time that had a player intercept 5 passes in a season?

In the last 20 years the cowboys have had 4 teams with defenses in the top 10 in points allowed and 7 in the top 10 in yards allowed....they still are not a shut down defense but they are much improved.

We are 4 games in and directionally look much better, but we have seen the cowboys get off to strong starts many times before and blow it in the first round.

Again, my point is this team has to show that it has the metal to win a divisional game or its not much different from what we have seen over the past decade...teams that are good in the regular season, dominant even at times, but that can't win when it really counts.

I'm optimistic, but that's what I need to see to fully buy in

TheCritic

Reaction score
As soon as I see Giants fans smashing their TVs and crying on YouTube, then I will know that the Cowboys are for real.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Oline - check
QB - check
RBs - check
coach- check
OC - check
WRs - check
Dline - check
DBs - check
kicker - 50/50
owner - negative

8 out of ten means we're a contender.

Can I ask... if everything is a check according to you then why is owner negative?.. wouldn't the owner be responsible for all the checks.. that's a contradiction no?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
For real? If that means playoffs I am already convinced. If that means SB maybe 10 wins in a row will do it.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I will start to believe when the team begins to release over paid, under performing players and starts to get rid of the sense of entitlement that’s held this team back for too long.
giphy.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
I believe already ! Defense needs to keep improving but they got me

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I’m mostly convinced, still somewhat pending time and more proof.

We finally have good safety and DT play. We haven’t had that combo since 2007, and you just can’t win without that.

Not saying we will win the super bowl, but we look like a team that can survive the playoffs.

We still have a massive Achilles heel with our kicker and HC though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!

Jaylon Smith getting cut......................wait?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not just giving a vet a spot on the team and trying to sell me that he deserves it. Oh dang, I'ma believer!!

Xeven

Reaction score
Some games where we dominate. Have not seen that and most SB champs dominate at least some games in a season.We win a lot on flags and lucky turn overs which is fine as long as it is against good teams.

We need to walk away with a win on occasion. Every game with Cowboys has me puckered up in 4th quarter.

42-12 in 4th.

RaZon

Reaction score
It happened yesterday when Jimmy Johnson talked about us being legit SB contenders. That will work!

Steve007

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!
It depends on what you mean "for real" Winning the division? Winning a playoff game? Superbowl? They are for real if you are talking about wining their division or a playoff game. We have seen this before where they start out looking great even winning 13 games and chocking in the playoffs.

sjmike

Reaction score
Definitely looks like the team thinks they're for real by releasing Jaylon. If you don't perform, you're out of here, contract or not