What will it take to convince you Cowboys are for real this year?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!

Nothing...I see it with my own eyes. This team means business this season and I hope they can sustain it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!
Keep doing what their doing over a larger sample size.
Also please tighten up the special teams!

pansophy

Reaction score
1. Red zone offense continues to improve.
2. Defense is surviving on turnovers, which is nice, but big plays and red zone defense still look bad similar to last year.
3. When I stop feeling terrified on any kind of special teams play: extra point, two-point conversion, basic FG attempt, blocking punts. Seems like every game we have a big blunder here that arguably already cost us the TB game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Playoff wins. Winning in the regular season is nice. But doesn’t matter much if you don’t win playoff games. Being “for real” to me means you can win when it matters most.

I agree but how you are winning matters. When I look at the Cards I see a real contender same with Rams and some other top contenders. It is not just the win but the manner in which you win, when you put together dominate outings In the end sure winning in post season matter but going into post season knowing you have the team and ability to do something in post season shows during the reg season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree but how you are winning matters. When I look at the Cards I see a real contender same with Rams and some other top contenders. It is not just the win but the manner in which you win, when you put together dominate outings In the end sure winning in post season matter but going into post season knowing you have the team and ability to do something in post season shows during the reg season.
True for sure. I’m just saying that in my book, a team isn’t “for real” unless they win multiple playoff games. That’s what separates the contenders from the pretenders.

So far, with about 25% of the season done, we are looking very good. But it’s way too early to be able to declare with any kind of certainty what any team is until more of the season is played.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

What is your definiton of "for real"?

That the Cowboys are a good team? They were a good team last year, but they succumb to key injuries.

They are dominant in the NFC East? Same as above. They were the team of the NFC East until Dak went down.

They are the in the top (6) in teams in the league? Right now at this stage of the season I would have to say yes by virtue that they have played a good strength of schedule (Based on this year's team performance and not last year's records.), and are in first place in their division. I think they are a better team than Bucs, Packers, Chargers, Titans and Bengals - all division leaders right now.

To be frank I think the only two teams in the NFC who may be troublesome for the Cowboys are the Cardinals and Rams. Every other team should be very winnable games if they ring the bell to play good sound football with the talent and emerging depth they have.

Real as in they have a chance at winning the SuperBowl? Here is where I would tap the brakes a bit. It's still a long season, but if the SB was to be played in the month of October we might possibly be looking at a Bills - Cowboys SuperBowl.

Right now I am really hoping for a few things.

Stay healthy with current players on squad.

Get healthy with the players we have on the sidelines so they can come back during this season.

Avoid any complications with COVID.

If we can do the best with managing things to ensure players are available to focus on and play football I think this team will be a tough competitor.

Are we for real? As real as having Micah Parsons drive your face into the turf on a sack or Diggs steal your lunch money and then shame you all the way to the endzone while eating the sandwich you are too broke to buy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True for sure. I’m just saying that in my book, a team isn’t “for real” unless they win multiple playoff games. That’s what separates the contenders from the pretenders.

So far, with about 25% of the season done, we are looking very good. But it’s way too early to be able to declare with any kind of certainty what any team is until more of the season is played.

Clearly it is about the end product that will ultimately be judged. All I can say is this team is playing the best complimentary football that I have seen in years. It is both sides of the ball contributing not one carrying the other, it is multiple players making big plays instead of a game being determined on 2 or 3 guys have outstanding games. So when I see the question what will it take to convince me this is a contending team? , it is what they are doing now that shows me they are a team very capable of contending. If the question was what would be a satisfying season, well that is easy a trip to the NFC Championship game with a real chance of going to the SB.

Aulac

Reaction score
Cowboys are for real this year even though Dak is still overpaid. Both can be right at the same time. Oh since we are on this topic, Zeke is also overpaid as well.

rambo2

Reaction score
They are for real now and those heart break guys are the cry baby fans.

rambo2

Reaction score
I haven't seen dallas as a contender since 07 so it's going to take a lot more. Especially with the weakest division and a weak schedule. I am happy so far though and have been pretty impressed at times.
If Dallas isn't a contender now, who is? The Cowboys are certainly a contender right now.

rambo2

Reaction score
Honestly until I see a divisional round win its hard to think they are anything but the team of years past.

I am however excited about them and enjoying the season
This team is nothing like the teams of years past. They have already used 30 different players on defense. When was the last time that had a player intercept 5 passes in a season?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Cowboys are for real this year even though Dak is still overpaid. Both can be right at the same time. Oh since we are on this topic, Zeke is also overpaid as well.
They are both paid market value so They are not over paid

rambo2

Reaction score
The problem is the Bucs schedule is even easier. They have like 3-4 tough games the rest of the way. Bills and divisional matchups with Panthers and Saints. I don’t think the Saints are that tough as they are today. With Thomas coming back that may change.
The Bucs will have more injuries as they go. I don't think they are better than the Cowboys.

Cydios

Reaction score
Oline - check
QB - check
RBs - check
coach- check
OC - check
WRs - check
Dline - check
DBs - check
kicker - 50/50
owner - negative