News: What would a Dez Bryant-less offense look like?

Frozen700

Reaction score
If he gets $48M/year from us, we'll maybe have TWill and a bunch of scrubs at almost every other positions because we can't afford to pay anybody else. So which does the team more damage: losing Dez or paying him a third of the salary cap?

Losing Dez does more damage. It will be a huge *** dominio affect. You lose Dez you might as well trade Romo and rebuild.

If we lose Dez we either have to trade for a WR close to his talents or equal(which we won't because we don't even want to pay Dez) so therefore we would have to trade for 2 pretty decent WR's. Which would cost draft picks, because we would not want to trade any of our core guys. To be honest the only guys worth a damn on this team, are Romo, Dez and the O-line. Nobody else holds any real weight.

So that brings me back to trade Romo and rebuild. Why? Because if we lose Dez this year that means we would have to draft a guy, and its rare to hit on moss/odb types in their first year. Most 1st year WR's take about 2-3 years to develop. Romo only has about 2-3 years left.

So we can keep playing Chicken with Dez all we want, but the real harm is being done by the Cowboys.

Either way, Dez will get his money, regardless from us or someone else, whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

burmafrd

Reaction score
How many SB winners the last ten years have had a top 3 WR on the team?

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly, I'm not worried about next season, but if JJ et al are worried about losing Bryant, they'll draft his replacement with a decently high pick. Wideouts are ungodly replaceable. The Cowboys are offering him almost $13 million per year and Dez wants more than Megatron money. What a joke.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many SB winners the last ten years have had a top 3 WR on the team?

Yeah, but I mean, The Cardinals barely lost and had Fitzgerald.

Also, these questions always neglect the fact that Gronkowski is a huge pass receiver.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yeah, but I mean, The Cardinals barely lost and had Fitzgerald.

Also, these questions always neglect the fact that Gronkowski is a huge pass receiver.

true but how much difference did he really make in the game? WRs in the SB are not exactly the key players.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It very well could be that even with him.
Hope not, of course,

He puts us over the Top, every team has one or two if they are lucky, 3 if they built thru the draft well..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That was one of the funniest movies I had ever seen.

cherry-hair-o.gif

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It would be interesting, as it would be the first time in his career that Romo is without a HoF level WR (for an extended period, assuming he holds out longer than a week or two), it'd give us an opportunity to find out what he's really made of.

There are a few positives:
1) Romo is healthy again.
2) The coaches have figured out his "Range."
3) Defense is coming together nicely...