News: What would a Dez Bryant-less offense look like?

coult44

Reaction score
It would be interesting, as it would be the first time in his career that Romo is without a HoF level WR (for an extended period, assuming he holds out longer than a week or two), it'd give us an opportunity to find out what he's really made of.

C'mon man....I'm hoping I lost the sarcasm....

slomoxn

Reaction score
Losing Dez does more damage. It will be a huge *** dominio affect. You lose Dez you might as well trade Romo and rebuild.

If we lose Dez we either have to trade for a WR close to his talents or equal(which we won't because we don't even want to pay Dez) so therefore we would have to trade for 2 pretty decent WR's. Which would cost draft picks, because we would not want to trade any of our core guys. To be honest the only guys worth a damn on this team, are Romo, Dez and the O-line. Nobody else holds any real weight.

So that brings me back to trade Romo and rebuild. Why? Because if we lose Dez this year that means we would have to draft a guy, and its rare to hit on moss/odb types in their first year. Most 1st year WR's take about 2-3 years to develop. Romo only has about 2-3 years left.

So we can keep playing Chicken with Dez all we want, but the real harm is being done by the Cowboys.

Either way, Dez will get his money, regardless from us or someone else, whether we like it or not.

The one part everyone is forgetting is Romo's window for success. Romo doesn't have 3-5 years to gel with a new receiver. So we can play hardball all we want, I hope Jerry isn't listening to us though, at least if we want another bowl before Romo retires. Then again, maybe he can do it without Dez, I just don't see it though.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
punt.jpg

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I am more concerned about the RB position, then WR. Romo can make average WRs look good.

The Cowboys won last year because of a dominant Running game. Thats it. That is the reason we won. A dominant running game; .....................Whoever they had at WR wasn't going to change the win-loss record by much.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he holds out, (which he won't) hopefully a team desperate at WR offers us a couple picks for him, we win.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Hey, we need DEZ. The first time I saw him play was when he played for Oklahoma State and he went up in the air and caught a pass in triple coverage. I knew this guy was special. The Cowboys need to get this done and done now. I want to see the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year and I think he will play a major part in the process of winning the Super Bowl.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Tough to say. Tony has gotten a lot of production in the past out of guys who were duds elsewhere (laurent, miles), but he's not a miracle worker. They still need guys with a solid skill set.

Losing Murray and dez would be a lot to overcome. They'd have to get lucky and have a dark horse emerge from one of those positions but it's a lot easier for that to happen with Tony behind center vs some avg qb.

I can't see dez missing the whole year so as long as they can stay in the hunt...

Frozen700

Reaction score
The one part everyone is forgetting is Romo's window for success. Romo doesn't have 3-5 years to gel with a new receiver. So we can play hardball all we want, I hope Jerry isn't listening to us though, at least if we want another bowl before Romo retires. Then again, maybe he can do it without Dez, I just don't see it though.

Exactly.

They think its just easy to move on from Dez because he wants more money.

Sure it would be if Romo was maybe 23-28

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
TWill...........................TSmith-Leary-TFred-ZMartin-DFree.....Witten...............James Jones/
...................Beasely............................Romo.......................................................Reggie Wayne
..................................................................................................................................................
.............................................................Randle.........................................................................

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
What did the offense look like without Dez in the past? Dez is a great talent, no doubt, but Romo has had some pretty good receivers in the past (and not so good). His offenses have always been fairly potent.

It's the running game that will suffer most without Dez.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Glad we could put all these, "Demons" to bed, Haters -ALL-Exposed...;)

Hey Dez will Earn his Props 2015-2016

Super Bowl 50:starspin::dance::dance::dance::starspin: