What would have been the board response if pass to Beasley goes incomplete?

aikemirv

Reaction score
The pass to Cole Beasley goes incomplete. The Niners possibly get the ball back with 1:40 to play

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Or what if Beasley scored on the screen pass?! Or it was a running play instead and Zeke had a long TD run to eclipse 200 yards?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows the answer to this without asking.

Let me go ahead and answer anyhow. It's Pizza for dinner!

Without question...no pun intended.

aikemirv

Reaction score
What if nothing is real and we are just living in a computer simulation?

We may be. ONside kick by Garrett, a pass when you are trying to close out the game.....

Who knows, next week there may be a flea flicker!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
What if everyone just posts hypothetical scenarios with negative outcomes so Cowboys "fans" can moan about the coaching/front office again

I guess I should of created a poll - just my way of seeing what everyone thought of the play call.

Garrett got hammered for the onside kick because it did not work, but not a word on the gutsy call that paid off!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They would have got the ball back with less than a minute and no timeout's for SF.

Many would have complained of playing not to lose, yadda yadda yadda. I liked the call!

Plankton

Reaction score
Johnny Unitas had a great line when being questioned about the OT drive to win the 1958 NFL Championship Game against the Giants - and remember, this was before Unitas was considered Unitas.

The Colts had a long drive in OT to ultimately win the game. Unitas had driven the Colts down to the Giant 10 yard line, easily within field goal range. Unitas ignored Weeb Ewbank's preference to run the ball, and threw a sideline out pattern to TE Jim Mutscheller to move the ball to the 1 yard line, where Alan Ameche scored the game winning touchdown, and created the iconic photograph that symbolized the game.

The out pattern was a somewhat dangerous throw. If Unitas was off with the pass, and the Giants intercept it, then it's a touchdown for the Giants, and a crushing loss for the Colts.

When questioned about this after the game, Unitas said, "When you know what you're doing, you're not intercepted."

I will apply that to this play. It was as safe a throw as possible. And, a backbreaking play call.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
The pass to Cole Beasley goes incomplete. The Niners possibly get the ball back with 1:40 to play

Since the pass worked haven't people given credit to the team and coaches for the win?

But somehow it would be wrong to criticize them for not executing a basic standard play?

Ok :rolleyes:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
even running the ball has a certain amount of risk from a fumble.
I liked the play, I think dak audibled it !:dance:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Since the pass worked haven't people given credit to the team and coaches for the win?

But somehow it would be wrong to criticize them for not executing a basic standard play?

Ok :rolleyes:

The problem would not have criticizing the players for not executing the play. I would wager that 100% of the Garrett haters would have been up in arms about how bad of a call it was, it was stupid to risk it, we had the game won all he had to was kneel down, he iced his own kicker or some other form of stupid comments that get unleashed every time they see even a little opening. Of course they deny it and say it was a great win by the team and by Dak being very careful to not give any ounce of credit to Garrett or the FO for the job they are doing this season.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
What if I told you there was no pass to Beasley?

morpheus-red-pill-vs-blue-pill.jpg

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No problem at all. Garrett is actually coaching OUTSIDE his comfort zone. Which is very necessary. Parcells used to say "you are never standing pat"....you are either getting better or getting worse. For too long....Garrett has not been getting better. Last year the bottom fell out. I think Garrett and the ENTIRE organization learned from last year. Only way to validate that you learned from last year...is to try something different when faced with similar circumstances. I hate that Romo got injured. I hate that Kellen Moore got injured. I hate that Dez got injured. I hate that players got suspended. But this kind of adversity has been the best thing that has happened around here in a long time. Why? Because we are facing it head on with fight, energy, determination, and a new approach. This new approach has energized the players....and the fanbase as well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's easy. It would immediately be denounced as an awful play call, no matter what the reason for the incompletion.

To the board's credit, a lot of fans did give credit to the play calling in that situation where the execution was great. For my part, I thought it was a good, safe call, and wouldn't have had trouble with it if we didn't get it unless there was an obvious execution mistake. But that play was easy money, especially with Beasley on the other end of it.