What would have been the board response if pass to Beasley goes incomplete?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The pass to Cole Beasley goes incomplete. The Niners possibly get the ball back with 1:40 to play
who knows Cowboys had stopped them from the 2nd qrt until the end of the game. 9ers had 3 points outside of the 1st 2 drives.

visionary

Reaction score
The problem would not have criticizing the players for not executing the play. I would wager that 100% of the Garrett haters would have been up in arms about how bad of a call it was, it was stupid to risk it, we had the game won all he had to was kneel down, he iced his own kicker or some other form of stupid comments that get unleashed every time they see even a little opening. Of course they deny it and say it was a great win by the team and by Dak being very careful to not give any ounce of credit to Garrett or the FO for the job they are doing this season.

Well, when you have a HC who has a long history of making poor decisions and bad calls and his teams have been undisciplined for years, I don't think it is surprising that fans will take time to come around. If Gatrett keeps doing a good job they will come around

If your drunk uncle had unsuccessfully "quit" 10 times, would you believe him the 11th time?

Not sure why that is a difficult concept to grasp for Garrett homies

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
It is odd to me that some people are so concerned with their reputation and "platform" on an Internet message board that they seemingly cannot enjoy the football team they say they are a fan of. Boggles the mind

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The pass to Cole Beasley goes incomplete. The Niners possibly get the ball back with 1:40 to play
Ah.....man if that happened this board would go nutz with negative threads, and heres the sad thing....i'd probably join in and complain about the defense.

Now when the cowboys win things are a little better in the zone and in real life. Gotta enjoy the wins man

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Well, when you have a HC who has a long history of making poor decisions and bad calls and his teams have been undisciplined for years, I don't think it is surprising that fans will take time to come around. If Gatrett keeps doing a good job they will come around

If your drunk uncle had unsuccessfully "quit" 10 times, would you believe him the 11th time?

I would disagree with the " long history of making mistakes". he has made some.. so has every coach that has ever coached.. but he has made far far far more good decisions than bad. So the drunk uncle analogy does not work in this instance. Garrett has done a good job since he has been here. Some just refuse to see it no matter what he does. I will give you 2015, he could have and should have done better. I place a lot of the blame on the players for not making plays, but all the coaches should have done a better job last year. 2014, 2013 were both great coaching jobs. 2011 and 2012 where really building years, with no OL, no cap and very little talent, so 8-8 was actually a miracle.

chagus

Reaction score
It's all good. The secondary is stepping up this season.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Pretty easy... The board was largely STILL PISSED and ANGRY given the pass was completed, WE WON THE GAME, Dak passed yet another test coming back from 0-14 on the road without many key starters/zero turnovers. I've never seen so much animosity after a win so I think the answer goes without saying. BTW I was shocked. Awesome call.

conner01

Reaction score
Since the pass worked haven't people given credit to the team and coaches for the win?

But somehow it would be wrong to criticize them for not executing a basic standard play?

Ok :rolleyes:
That's it
Good safe call and if it's not there Dak can tuck and run. The only thing that could have went wrong was a drop and that's not on the play calling

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even a drop wasn't that bad, it was 2nd down and 13. If it went to 3rd and 13, then run and punt. SF would have gotten the ball back with less than a minute and no TO's. 2nd down was the time to get the first and put the game away!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ah.....man if that happened this board would go nutz with negative threads, and heres the sad thing....i'd probably join in and complain about the defense.

Now when the cowboys win things are a little better in the zone and in real life. Gotta enjoy the wins man

Board would have gone nuts had Dallas just continued to run vs a stacked DL expecting the Cowboys to just run the ball and Dallas would have punted. What made the situation even worse was the penalty by Swaim that put us in a 1st and 15 situation. Personally I think the pass was a low risk pass by a pretty sure handed WR who has very good quickness. Had it gone incomplete of course it stops the clock and would have been 3rd down coming up and 9ers still only had 1 timeout left.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's it
Good safe call and if it's not there Dak can tuck and run. The only thing that could have went wrong was a drop and that's not on the play calling

I actually felt that a fake hand off to Zeke and Dak on a boot leg keeper was going to be the call. The way the 9ers outside was crashing down on Zeke on the 1st down I felt a bootleg would have been there for the taking. Bubble screen to Cole was a surprise but I would not say it was a bad call even had in been incomplete. Main things is the Cowboys did not play scared or playing not to lose.

plasticman

Reaction score
What if everytime the Cowboys scored a cheerleader had to strip.

Dangit, increased heart rate just triggered my court ordered ankle monitor.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Funny thing is Dak gave Beaz the biggest softball ever... I'm sure he received instruction to make sure it's complete.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Even a drop wasn't that bad, it was 2nd down and 13. If it went to 3rd and 13, then run and punt. SF would have gotten the ball back with less than a minute and no TO's. 2nd down was the time to get the first and put the game away!
No, they had 1 timeout left that they would not have had to use until after 3rd down.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm OK with it as long as it's a forward pass. It gets really dicey if it's a lateral or worse a backwards pass. If that ball falls to the ground, you've got a disaster. But again, a relatively safe forward pass is a solid playcall there. Im OK giving the ball to Blaine Gabbert and the largely unimpressive SF passing offense the ball with 1:30 left and 80+ yards to gain.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Pretty easy... The board was largely STILL PISSED and ANGRY given the pass was completed, WE WON THE GAME, Dak passed yet another test coming back from 0-14 on the road without many key starters/zero turnovers. I've never seen so much animosity after a win so I think the answer goes without saying. BTW I was shocked. Awesome call.

I can't handle watching and posting so I was not aware of that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, they had 1 timeout left that they would not have had to use until after 3rd down.

Yea, think they had one but really doesn't change what Dallas had to do. Even if they ran twice and punted, SF would still have gotten the ball with workable time left. I don't want to see our defense in prevent mode at that point. Dallas needed to get aggressive and get a 1st down and they did :D

Tommy

Reaction score

In other words, you would have complained about the terrible play call.