CFZ What would it take for Dallas to win the SB?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don’t want this to turn into a Dak bashing thread. We also all know the Jones family is a cancer on this organization. That said this team did just win 12 games back to back. There is talent on the roster. I don’t see sustained success given Jerry and his toxic culture but catching lightening in a bottle is possible. Not probable but possible. For the stars to align for a year this is what I think would need to happen.

1. Dak needs a season of mistake free football
2. McCarthy must do his best work as a play caller
3. Another great draft (2022 was excellent)
4. Micah playing like a DPOTY
5. Jerry decides to go all in and adds a couple impact FAs
6. Limited injuries especially to the OL
7. Young Smith continues to ascend
8. Improved run dense and a push from the middle of DL
9. Zeke is not on the team anymore, tag Pollard, draft a quality back
10. Health at CB

I think if all that happened Dallas might actually have a shot to do something the next 2 years. Your thoughts?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t want this to turn into a Dak bashing thread. We also all know the Jones family is a cancer on this organization. That said this team did just win 12 games back to back. There is talent on the roster. I don’t see sustained success given Jerry and his toxic culture but catching lightening in a bottle is possible. Not probable but possible. For the stars to align for a year this is what I think would need to happen.

1. Dak needs a season of mistake free football
2. McCarthy must do his best work as a play caller
3. Another great draft (2022 was excellent)
4. Micah playing like a DPOTY
5. Jerry decides to go all in and adds a couple impact FAs
6. Limited injuries especially to the OL
7. Young Smith continues to ascend
8. Improved run dense and a push from the middle of DL
9. Zeke is not on the team anymore, tag Pollard, draft a quality back
10. Health at CB

I think if all that happened Dallas might actually have a shot to do something the next 2 years. Your thoughts?
#1 is ridiculous and no qb has mistake free SEASON>.jeez the expectations and gaul of fans to even suggest that perfect players exist and that the teams so weak that qb has to cover up all warts the teams has by being PERFECT..

thats the issue, its the fan base. was Mathew Stafford perfect in his sb season nope, he led the league in INTS and threw w2 in the SB, they won because the team overcame any mistakes the all make ie missing tackles, fumbles, give up big pays , etc etc bad pay calls, poor blocking. you get that yet? Josh allen has more INTs the last 2 years then any starer in the nfl. Dak had 37tds and only 10INT in 21 why no SB, oh wait the line committed 11 penalties, no run game, and the DL got ran over early in that 9er game. how about his near perfect rookie season, right defense choked. its team game my may. Mistakes happen, its how you overcome them that galvanizes a TEAM..

Yes blame dak blame coaching, blame a team for not being perfect. did Eli manning have perfect season ion his 2 sb runs, NOPe, but i saw payers helping make special plays to help him, was Peyton manning perfect, no he had far more INTs his first 97 game like twice as many..

jeez fans , just stop.. burrows had 2 INT in his playoff game and Allen 4 tos, Lawrence 5 the last playoffs. ironic allen and Lawrences teams won those games

Now #2 MM has to be at his best like another be perfect or fail. lmao

your list is whats wrong with this place and the fan base romo and dak being roasted for just being n a quarterback and not being perfect.

Let me make it much simpletyrr do ewnouygh to get inthye payoffs, then have your TEAM show uop and polay their very besty instead oif yearly we exit because we dont have run game or an OL makig too many mistakes or pkayers not exectuing at the worst posisble time ro caoch caling head scrathig plays etc etc lets pay as A TEAM for once; and not nlame player for loss when there were 5 other reaosns that led to a loss.

TEAMS win SBS..

example KC down in the first half playing their normal game. come out in the 2nd half and change to run heavy offense and just blow the eagles off the line and run them over..thats team picking up their game and p;ay together to make comeback and win.

show me the game with Dak or ROMO in the playoiffs where the run game, OL , and others just exert their dominance and make statement physically.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good luck. Already started with Dak and Jerry. The OP even started it with Jerry.
How about just discussing football without the bashing?

Build the defense to help the offense, but also build the offense back up to where it was to control the ball. So that helps the defense. Build for the run game, and that helps the pass game as we all know. But the FO must make that effort to do so. I think Dak will be fine with that ball control run game, and a great OL again to allow him that extra 1/2 a second to get the ball to the correct receiver on any pass play.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
A Dan Snyder-like scandal that forces the Joneses out of the NFL. Then, an owner must come forward that actually prioritizes winning on the field instead of Forbes.

That person also hires someone to run their football operations that they can hold accountable.

A new QB wouldn't hurt either.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Dan Snyder-like scandal that forces the Joneses out of the NFL. Then, an owner must come forward that actually prioritizes winning on the field instead of Forbes.

That person also hires someone to run their football operations that they can hold accountable.

A new QB wouldn't hurt either.
See my post above. ^^^^^^

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've been a QB away at least 3 times in the past 7 years.

2016, 2021, and 2022.
Try the last 20 years, or since Troy retired, I think that is about 20 years or so.

Dak = Tony = Danny, actually Danny did get us to 3 straight NFCCG's .

But this is not all about the QB, this is about the team, at least to this thread. Dak is the QB so better QB play is needed, cut down those INT's is the biggest issue.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In my attempt to offer up a serious answer to the question….

They can probably do it if they can get a one seed.

Winning two home games to get there is a much easier path than trying to win three road games…no matter who your QB is or what free agents you sign.

This new format is heavily weighted toward the one seeds, but they earn it all season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It all starts at the top. Just listen to Jethro and Sons interviews and statements thus far in post season is all the evidence we need on several fronts and issues why it’s not likely we’ll see a SB soon.

Redline360

Reaction score
1) Hire an actual GM with control
2) Jerry sells the team
3) Get incredible lucky like the Eagles. Now I'm not saying their not a solid team which they are but they had probably one of the easiest routes to the superbowl ever.

I actually think it gets worse once Jerry passes away. Stephen is beyond clueless even more so then his father.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Try the last 20 years, or since Troy retired, I think that is about 20 years or so.

Dak = Tony = Danny, actually Danny did get us to 3 straight NFCCG's .

But this is not all about the QB, this is about the team, at least to this thread. Dak is the QB so better QB play is needed, cut down those INT's is the biggest issue.
its really NOT

I explained that in my rant.. where was the sbs when dak wasn't turning it over. lmao its team game many qbs won SBS despite throwing INTs if you think we lost that 9er game Soley on those 2 INTs you aren't watching close enough to why and how those INTS were thrown.

when you have to resort to one dimensional football without a run game with an OL getting pushed back into the pocket on a regular basics with WRs not getting separations, you might feel its all on you and force a ball. only one of those were forced over the middle. the other is Gallup allow himself to be pushed off his route and not attempting to try and get back on the route and allowed the db to easily finish the route and go get pick..

happened all year

show Me that OL and run game Pat got in that 2nd half against the eagles and il show you Dak also winning that game. better coaching, better ol play, an actual run game, yup all were needed to make a comeback.