CFZ What would it take for Dallas to win the SB?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
It took a long time, but I'm glad you have arrived at the conclusion that Zeke needs to go. :thumbup:

THAT being said our oline, as is, isn't close to good enough. They don't pass block well enough or run block.

Replace McGovern with a first round stud and get Steele back to his old form and that should be good enough. Tyron needs to go as well. Not worth the money.

Then I would love to see them use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on another back as it looks like they are keeping Pollard.

That should round out what the offense needs as long as we add either a young WR in the draft or a veteran WR to take over the 3rd WR position.

Would love to see them go Guard, LB, RB in the first 3 rounds. OR LB, WR, RB and sign a top veteran guard.
I guess he, Ronnie, and Ranching still want Zeke to wear down defenses with those punishing 1 yard runs.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t want this to turn into a Dak bashing thread. We also all know the Jones family is a cancer on this organization. That said this team did just win 12 games back to back. There is talent on the roster. I don’t see sustained success given Jerry and his toxic culture but catching lightening in a bottle is possible. Not probable but possible. For the stars to align for a year this is what I think would need to happen.

1. Dak needs a season of mistake free football
2. McCarthy must do his best work as a play caller
3. Another great draft (2022 was excellent)
4. Micah playing like a DPOTY
5. Jerry decides to go all in and adds a couple impact FAs
6. Limited injuries especially to the OL
7. Young Smith continues to ascend
8. Improved run dense and a push from the middle of DL
9. Zeke is not on the team anymore, tag Pollard, draft a quality back
10. Health at CB

I think if all that happened Dallas might actually have a shot to do something the next 2 years. Your thoughts?
Don’t torture yourself.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
1) We get to the playoffs and Prescott has a 2012 Flacco-esque postseason

and

2) The defense continues to get sacks and takeaways like it has been

If both of those things happened, we could win one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess he, Ronnie, and Ranching still want Zeke to wear down defenses with those punishing 1 yard runs.
What will poor scat back Pollard do without Zeke wearing them down with those 2 yards dives?

Pollard was something like #1 or #2 in the NFL for backs on yards after contact with at 3.8. Soo sad that he wasted his career sitting behind the hapless Zeke for 3.5 years.

And some want to blame the QB when these kinds of decisions are made year in and year out from Jerry to MM to Moore.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t want this to turn into a Dak bashing thread. We also all know the Jones family is a cancer on this organization. That said this team did just win 12 games back to back. There is talent on the roster. I don’t see sustained success given Jerry and his toxic culture but catching lightening in a bottle is possible. Not probable but possible. For the stars to align for a year this is what I think would need to happen.

10. Health at CB

I think if all that happened Dallas might actually have a shot to do something the next 2 years. Your thoughts?
They would need to get the number 1 spot and play well in the playoffs.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

10. Health at CB

Who is your GM? Who is your owner? Who is the defacto Head Coach?

Fire your GM. Have your owner sell the team and hire a GM. Have your owner and GM not be the Head Coach.

That is what it will take for the Arlington Jonesboys to win a Super Bowl like the Dallas Cowboys.

Shane612

Reaction score
To be fair you can't expect a player to be mistake free, but can he keep the big mistakes to under 10?
Prescott had 15 in just 12 games....:facepalm:

Cebrin

Reaction score

10. Health at CB

1) More than 1 receiver that can separate quickly.
2) More "power" on the OL
3) Not having half of our CB's get injured
4) More than a borrowed 30+ Run stuffing DT

5)* Kellen Moore is gone, so that alleviates this section.

Dak I'm unsure of. Throwing INTS has never been his game. He's not going anywhere tho, so there's that.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
1 more stud Lb besides Parsons who can cover and stop the run.

1 more stud RB to go with Pollard and Davis who can also make plays as a reciever

Build a top trio of wrs and strive for a top te using higher draft stock and fa aqisitions.

I'd take that with the defense and oline again. Praying we'll get 1 for each

17 games a year means depth has something to do with player acquisitions.

Aaron Rodgers still has some gas in the tank.

He's better than All the qbs in the NFC East

Just Saying

nobody

Reaction score
tkkvp.jpg

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

1 more stud RB to go with Pollard and Davis who can also make plays as a reciever

Build a top trio of wrs and strive for a top te using higher draft stock and fa aquisitions not the bargain bin checkdowners.

We could put 3 rbs on the field and interchange with Dak as a runner

It would be better than 2 te formations overtargeting safety blankets

Just Saying

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Build a top trio of wrs and strive for a top te using higher draft stock and fa aqisitions.

Just Saying

Oops sorry I was editing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If all 10 of the listed requirements were met, it would comprise a miracle in itself. We need such a miracle in the worst way possible. It's kinda fun to dream, though. In the meantime, we'll most likely have to be content with reality. Anyway, let's just relax and hope for the best, ok? ;)

Last edited:

b0xZZ

Reaction score
A competent QB who isnt intellectually restricted to a small playbook and who has even average accuracy. Thats it.

Jipper

Reaction score
Jerry's jet getting lost in fog or his yacht hitting an iceberg...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

You only need point 1. The very fact that there's a distinct correlation between Dak's performance: Eagles and Buccs (play-offs) = GOOD and then 49ers (2nd half). Bucc's (Game 1) = BAD.

Lets not ***** the issue a(and try finding excuses), unless Dak improves (even if it's just up to 'consistent'), then nothing's going to compensate.....id settle for "NEARLY, mistake free football".

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
its really NOT

I explained that in my rant.. where was the sbs when dak wasn't turning it over. lmao its team game many qbs won SBS despite throwing INTs if you think we lost that 9er game Soley on those 2 INTs you aren't watching close enough to why and how those INTS were thrown.

when you have to resort to one dimensional football without a run game with an OL getting pushed back into the pocket on a regular basics with WRs not getting separations, you might feel its all on you and force a ball. only one of those were forced over the middle. the other is Gallup allow himself to be pushed off his route and not attempting to try and get back on the route and allowed the db to easily finish the route and go get pick..

happened all year

show Me that OL and run game Pat got in that 2nd half against the eagles and il show you Dak also winning that game. better coaching, better ol play, an actual run game, yup all were needed to make a comeback.
So many excuses. Anything But Dak. I will agree that it wasnt necessarily the 2 INT's that i'd criticize Dak for.....it's the fact that for a second year running he was unable to step up in the play-offs and take the team to a winning (or game tying) drive. On both occasions he had over 2:30 on the clock.....some QB's have it, some dont, but it's the ones that have that winning mentality that win SB's.