CFZ What would it take for Dallas to win the SB?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Honestly mine are:
1. Dak Minimize the turn overs
2. Running game be a priority and have production.
3. get a Solid #2 WR to produce. We have 2 capable ones on roster just need production.
4. need another pass rusher Interior or exterior.
5. need a Sideline to Sideline Thumper in the Middle for LB
6. another 2 CB to step up
much better realistic list

blueblood70

Reaction score

My List,

1- show up in the playoffs with your best game OF THE YEAR, coach your best game of your life each playoff game, not the worst, too many players seem to play their worst game for us in the playoffs and the coaches don't seem to get the best out of their players with a great GamePlan and scheme....

thats it, short list...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did someone pee in your coffee today or what? Relax.
How about some actual football talk?
My coffee was just fine, thanks for asking though. I am very relaxed. A good cup of coffee will do that.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How about some actual football talk?
My coffee was just fine, thanks for asking though. I am very relaxed. A good cup of coffee will do that.
Did I not lay out my football case? Are you able to read?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I not lay out my football case? Are you able to read?
I have not had the chance to READ any subsequent posts yet. Just seen you response to me. Sounds like someone peed in you coffee or cornflakes. RELAX....stop the insults about being able to read.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Better GM
Better coaches. Esp on offense
Better players

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t want this to turn into a Dak bashing thread. We also all know the Jones family is a cancer on this organization. That said this team did just win 12 games back to back. There is talent on the roster. I don’t see sustained success given Jerry and his toxic culture but catching lightening in a bottle is possible. Not probable but possible. For the stars to align for a year this is what I think would need to happen.

1. Dak needs a season of mistake free football
2. McCarthy must do his best work as a play caller
3. Another great draft (2022 was excellent)
4. Micah playing like a DPOTY
5. Jerry decides to go all in and adds a couple impact FAs
6. Limited injuries especially to the OL
7. Young Smith continues to ascend
8. Improved run dense and a push from the middle of DL
9. Zeke is not on the team anymore, tag Pollard, draft a quality back
10. Health at CB

I think if all that happened Dallas might actually have a shot to do something the next 2 years. Your thoughts?
a GM would be #1 priority. everything else is secondary.

we probably won't win a championship with this GM.

this GM isn't going to fire himself.

there is a 0.00001% chance for us to win a championship with this GM.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey, a post with some football talk. :laugh::thumbup:

DT stud is top priority or one of them. Fix the OL at least with some depth. Better blocking scheme will help tremendously.

I am keeping away from Zeke talk, if I can. Though to dump that cap number is a priority as well. Pay vs. production. If he is released or traded ( very doubtful) so be it. If they renegotiate and he takes a pay cut, so be it. Though many will not like that. It is out of my control, so not wasting any brain cells on it. :laugh:
It took a long time, but I'm glad you have arrived at the conclusion that Zeke needs to go. :thumbup:

THAT being said our oline, as is, isn't close to good enough. They don't pass block well enough or run block.

Replace McGovern with a first round stud and get Steele back to his old form and that should be good enough. Tyron needs to go as well. Not worth the money.

Then I would love to see them use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on another back as it looks like they are keeping Pollard.

That should round out what the offense needs as long as we add either a young WR in the draft or a veteran WR to take over the 3rd WR position.

Would love to see them go Guard, LB, RB in the first 3 rounds. OR LB, WR, RB and sign a top veteran guard.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say the 2022 draft was excellent. Smith was a good pick and Williams / Ferguson showed potential, but Tolbert hasn’t show much. I agree they need a good draft. I agree with your other points but I don’t think they will make any splash in FA.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t want this to turn into a Dak bashing thread. We also all know the Jones family is a cancer on this organization. That said this team did just win 12 games back to back. There is talent on the roster. I don’t see sustained success given Jerry and his toxic culture but catching lightening in a bottle is possible. Not probable but possible. For the stars to align for a year this is what I think would need to happen.

1. Dak needs a season of mistake free football
2. McCarthy must do his best work as a play caller
3. Another great draft (2022 was excellent)
4. Micah playing like a DPOTY
5. Jerry decides to go all in and adds a couple impact FAs
6. Limited injuries especially to the OL
7. Young Smith continues to ascend
8. Improved run dense and a push from the middle of DL
9. Zeke is not on the team anymore, tag Pollard, draft a quality back
10. Health at CB

I think if all that happened Dallas might actually have a shot to do something the next 2 years. Your thoughts?
so-yeah-can.jpg

mardwin

Reaction score
Assuming we keep Dak, we need a top 3 scoring defense and a top 3 rushing offense.