What would make you happy before the draft?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Kendricks is a good grab. I hate the 1 year deals but he serves a purpose. i still think they need starting quality players at DT, DE, OT, C, and RB. Draft seems to be heavy at DT and OL. RBs look good in round 3 but I still think they need a vet. They are particularly thin at DL. Add that up and my my FA shopping priority is DT, DE, and RB. I think their is a good chance they grab a starting quality C, RB, and DT in the first 3 rounds. I am also assuming they get Smith signed. That’s a big one.

What would you guys need to see here on out to pull back from the ledge?

HanD

Reaction score
i'm not on the ledge but re-signing tyron and gilmore would leave us with not that many holes to fill in the draft. depending on who is available i'd go IOL/C in one of the first two rounds (jpj, barton, frazier, van prann), DT or lb and rb in the third maybe.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
i'm not on the ledge but re-signing tyron and gilmore would leave us with not that many holes to fill in the draft. depending on who is available i'd go IOL/C in one of the first two rounds (jpj, barton, frazier, van prann), DT or lb and rb in the third maybe.
I should also say I am assuming Diggs is good to go. CB vaults to the top if he is not.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Tyron, maybe Conner Williams if Medicals check out, Gilmore, Hankins, maybe Armstead if you can get a deal, some decent RB...and no Dak extension

Then Draft

Fill remaining Depth after final cuts.

Last edited:

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Kendricks is a good grab. I hate the 1 year deals but he serves a purpose. i still think they need starting quality players at DT, DE, OT, C, and RB. Draft seems to be heavy at DT and OL. RBs look good in round 3 but I still think they need a vet. They are particularly thin at DL. Add that up and my my FA shopping priority is DT, DE, and RB. I think their is a good chance they grab a starting quality C, RB, and DT in the first 3 rounds. I am also assuming they get Smith signed. That’s a big one.

What would you guys need to see here on out to pull back from the ledge?
The best thing we can do for ourselves (as fans who would like to be content) is to lower expectations.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Honestly? Nothing will make me happy pre draft because IMO— they have already doomed their chances at a SB for 2024.

Players and talent are only part of the problem. And the changes they needed to make were in the immediate fallout of the GB loss.

Their inaction and decision to “run it back” has not only set up MM and staff for failure as lame ducks— it reinforced the biggest issue of all: zero accountability.

IMO— just replacing lost players with other players of equal or greater talent will only result in minimal gains.

This franchise needs a heart to transplant (all new core players) and a brain transplant (new FO personnel)

Adding a piece here or there may result in a few more regular season wins and help us compete for a division title— but nothing short of drastic change will help us improve where it matters most— the postseason.

Jerry and Co missed their chance to effect positive change when they sat on their hands and farted after the most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. I know….

Guy will live to be 110.
A.I. Jerry Jones already exists. The will stipulates it will take over after the real one kicks the bucket. The DNA Kids will not contest the will as long as they keep raking in the money.

There is a silver lining though. A.I. Jerry Jones will be better at managing a football team than real Jerry Jones ever has been.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A.I. Jerry Jones already exists. The will stipulates it will take over after the real one kicks the bucket. The DNA Kids will not contest the will as long as they keep raking in the money.

There is a silver lining though. A.I. Jerry Jones will be better at managing a football team than real Jerry Jones ever has been.
Indeed AI Jerry. Maybe reanimated Jerry. I can see it - his ugly head connected to a supercomputer giving interviews 24/7/365.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indeed AI Jerry. Maybe reanimated Jerry. I can see it - his ugly head connected to a supercomputer giving interviews 24/7/365.
A super computer would develop a permanent logic loop if connected to Jones' brain.