What would make you happy before the draft?

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Resurrecting this once great franchise with the seemingly only possible route.

Harsh but it's our reality.

Removal of the existing mangagement springs new life....

axMLPen_700b.jpg

Wishing On A Star by Rose Royce

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A super computer would develop a permanent logic loop if connected to Jones' brain.
Hold on a second. Weren’t we introduced to holographic Jerry last year? I haven’t been to Dallas is a while but isn’t that a thing? Holographic Jerry with Jerry decision making algorithms is basically Jerry. He is going to live forever even if the cryogenics fails. The algo is easy…

If [net worth n+1] is > [net worth n ] - “Yes”
n = anything, anywhere, anytime

If Distance to microphone, camera > 3 feet, call Public Relations Department

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Kendricks is a good grab. I hate the 1 year deals but he serves a purpose. i still think they need starting quality players at DT, DE, OT, C, and RB. Draft seems to be heavy at DT and OL. RBs look good in round 3 but I still think they need a vet. They are particularly thin at DL. Add that up and my my FA shopping priority is DT, DE, and RB. I think their is a good chance they grab a starting quality C, RB, and DT in the first 3 rounds. I am also assuming they get Smith signed. That’s a big one.

What would you guys need to see here on out to pull back from the ledge?
I need to see more effort to get help on the d line, and re-sign Tyron. Bonus points to also bring back Gilmore. A veteran back would be nice, but I feel like what’s left on the market is matchable in the draft probably.

The draft needs to focus on a Center, LT and RB. I think we are going to be too cheap to add a DE that makes a major impact. So we will probably step back from being as big of a force on getting to the QB. That said, if we play things out it shouldn’t matter because we can now seem capable of stopping the run to a reasonable level. A blanced defense would be an upgrade, even if the sacks tapper off. Not to mention a run game that eats up the clock and keeps the defense fresh. Basic, but doable.

Big_D

Reaction score
Honestly? Nothing will make me happy pre draft because IMO— they have already doomed their chances at a SB for 2024.

Players and talent are only part of the problem. And the changes they needed to make were in the immediate fallout of the GB loss.

Their inaction and decision to “run it back” has not only set up MM and staff for failure as lame ducks— it reinforced the biggest issue of all: zero accountability.

IMO— just replacing lost players with other players of equal or greater talent will only result in minimal gains.

This franchise needs a heart to transplant (all new core players) and a brain transplant (new FO personnel)

Adding a piece here or there may result in a few more regular season wins and help us compete for a division title— but nothing short of drastic change will help us improve where it matters most— the postseason.

Jerry and Co missed their chance to effect positive change when they sat on their hands and farted after the most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history.
Yup. A few more teams passed them right by. Niners lapped them 2 years ago. This free agent period is the biggest joke yet. Golden opportunity to at least prove you can hang with the contenders and nothing but the usual.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Maybe a sinkhole opens up under the stadium and swallows the whole place up, then jerry goes broke and has to work at Wendy's