What would you give up for Wilson?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
What's the best offer you'd send to the Seahawks.

I like Dak a lot, but Wilson is a natural born winner. I'd give up the house for him. He can carry this team with a solid oline, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb.

1st round
3rd round

1st round
3rd round

2nd round
If daks as good as you all think he is, we can get Wilson for dak straight up or no worse than dak and. a 2nd.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wilson is good, but I think signing Dak and keeping all those picks would make us better.
Who says they have to give up picks? I would just offer to trade dak for wilson nothing else, you get our problem, we get yours lol.
Seattle then gives dak his 3 year deal, and we let wilson have a say in the offense and play calling.
Dak gets to play outside in the rain and cold, and wilson gets to play in a comfy dome !
Wilson is better at scrambling so our OL would not hinder him as much as it will dak.
Also wilson would be cheaper.

Seattle would get a couple of SB's with dak because he is so great ! They would also have the # 1 offense!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's the real question needing an answer ......are you willing to pay market value AND giving up the picks and/or player? Notice his market value below according Spotrac......2021 is the last year of his guaranteed money. Who wanna bet he will demand an extension or restructured deal from his new team for additional guaranteed years at market value.

BTW...anyone else noticed we haven't read/heard one report of teams calling the Seahawks with offers vs, by contrast, several have contacted or ready to contact the Texans about Watson. I'm guessing teams know a Wilson trade will require giving him a new deal, probably close to Mahomes money vs Watson is locked down @ $39M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson-9885/market-value/

Swagger

Reaction score
Here's the real question needing an answer ......are you willing to pay market value AND giving up the picks and/or player? Notice his market value below according Spotrac......2021 is the last year of his guaranteed money. Who wanna bet he will demand an extension or restructured deal from his new team for additional guaranteed years at market value.

BTW...anyone else noticed we haven't read/heard one report of teams calling the Seahawks with offers vs, by contrast, several have contacted or ready to contact the Texans about Watson. I'm guessing teams know a Wilson trade will require giving him a new deal, probably close to Mahomes money vs Watson is locked down @ $39M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson-9885/market-value/
Fair point.

One of the main benefits of signing Wilson would be his contract hit against the salary cap over the next three year. Now if he wanted to renegotiate a new contract before the next three years have elapsed then there's no point in signing him. The whole point of considering Wilson would be to get away from the horrific long term contract with Prescott. Even though Wilson is a better QB if his salary hit against the cap would be the same then it's a similar issue so why acquire him and give away draft picks if we don't even get to benefit from a favourite contract!?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
People, Russel Wilson wants a new deal plain and simple. As stated before, my guess is he's getting mixed signals from the Seahawks. But either way, there's no way in hell he's signing off on a trade that doesn't restructure or extends his current deal to include more guaranteed years at market value.

Swagger

Reaction score
People, Russel Wilson wants a new deal plain and simple. As stated before, my guess is he's getting mixed signals from the Seahawks. But either way, there's no way in hell he's signing off on a trade that doesn't restructure or extends his current deal to include more guaranteed years at market value.
Fair. If that's the case then good luck to him - he just wants to milk a cash cow for as long as he can as he won't be winning another Superbowl if he wants top dollar and will likely be joining a team with a weak roster to pay him.