What would you give up for Wilson?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I could literally care less if Dak makes 50M or 5 bucks. What I don't get is "fans" who prioritize Dak's financial well being over the competitive interests of the Dallas Cowboys.
because our competitive interests are directly connected to who the hell our QB is.
and im not yearning for a return to the chad hutchinson era.

its also more about keeping our franchise QB than Dak's financial well being.

good ones are expensive.
i came to terms with that decades ago.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I could literally care less if Dak makes 50M or 5 bucks. What I don't get is "fans" who prioritize Dak's financial well being over the competitive interests of the Dallas Cowboys.

I don’t want to see anyone get paid $50 mil. Whatever the qb market is for him is what I’m fine with. I think we can win games with him and it let’s us focus on drafting defense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Clayton said on ESPN radio that he would be surprise if the Hawks trade Wilson as he would count 39 mil against the cap and he is owed 32 mil this year. He said they are already up against the cap and will probably lose some players due to it but have to restructures others like Bobby Wagner to keep the ones they want. Subtracting 7 mil by trading Wilson would not be beneficial to the team. Just FYI.

Yeah they probably won't trade him unless things get beyond manageable but even if they did the Cowboys would not be interested. They won't even consider it. We like our stiff.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nope...just find your schitck ...both laughable and comforting. Like the world isn't as changing and unpredictable as it usually seems.
You are Zeke’s white knight and comments about him get under your skin. Quit being a liar, broke back. You aren’t fooling anyone.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Nothing. He won a super bowl on his rookie deal b/c Seattle was able to load up on defense. Since signing his big contract, Seattle has done nothing but gut the defense to accomodate his huge cap number. Seattle has now realized they can't win with him so why would we? Seattle is run by much smarter people than Dallas.

You pretty much quoted my thoughts exactly. People still think this is 2014. Russell has proved he is nothing special at all without that all time defense. The same defense who picked off Kap in the endzone to seal that NFC title game and saved Russell the next year when he had a real bad NFC title game. Held one of the best offenses of all time in Denver to 8 points. Once that defense disbanded, he has did nothing Dak hasn't did. And Dak beat him head to head in 2018. Also, the defense Russell had has been way better than the defense Dak had even in his later years.

Every year, Russell starts off hot, fizzles out, gets in the playoffs and falls flat on his face. He was terrible these playoffs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because our competitive interests are directly connected to who the hell our QB is.
and im not yearning for a return to the chad hutchinson era.

its also more about keeping our franchise QB than Dak's financial well being.

good ones are expensive.
i came to terms with that decades ago.

So, you would rather be 8-8 than 5-11? Both teams suck and can't win a super bowl so what's the real difference? At least the 5-11 team gets a decent draft pick.

Its an unfortunate reality that Dak's contract demands will make improving the Dallas Cowboys near impossible.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
So, you would rather be 8-8 than 5-11? Both teams suck and can't win a super bowl so what's the real difference? At least the 5-11 team gets a decent draft pick.

Its unfortunate reality that Dak's contract demands will make improve the Dallas Cowboys near impossible.
i don't believe if we keep Dak it means we're stuck at 8-8 for the remainder of his career.
and i also don't believe had he not gotten injured that we don't win 9 or 10 games.
we would have.

im not interested in down grading the most important position on the team so we can take all these savings...
for a spending spree at the dollar store.

a'lotta those 5-11 teams seem to be blowin' thru QBs lately.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i don't believe if we keep Dak it means we're stuck at 8-8 for the remainder of his career.
and i also don't believe had he not gotten injured that we don't win 9 or 10 games.
we would have.

im not interested in down grading the most important position on the team so we can take all these savings...
for a spending spree at the dollar store.

a'lotta those 5-11 teams seem to be blowin' thru QBs lately.

We could not load this roster with enough talent to win with Dak making 400k. You think the team might improve with him making 40X more? Pure folly. Our best chance is hitting the reset button with a rookie qb selected with the 10th pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
We could not load this roster with enough talent to win with Dak making 400k. You think the team might improve with him making 40X more? Pure folly. Our best chance is hitting the reset button with a rookie qb selected with the 10th pick.
who?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I personally like Mac Jones. I'm not against Dak. I don't think we can meet his contract demands and be competitive. He is not Brady who can rally a whole team.
i'd be cool with Jones.
didnt think you were against Dak.
just want whats best for our team.
i respect that.

csirl

Reaction score
We're already at #10 in the draft. Add the 2022 1st will get us up a few more spots in the draft to get one of the top 2 QBs - with rookie salary. Anything more than 2 x 1sts for a vet QB is too much - would prefer to move up in the draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
What is extremely sad is there are several who actually believe that claptrapp. The huge majority only care what Dak makes as to how it affects the salary cap.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What's the best offer you'd send to the Seahawks.

I like Dak a lot, but Wilson is a natural born winner. I'd give up the house for him. He can carry this team with a solid oline, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb.

1st round
3rd round

1st round
3rd round

2nd round

The "natural born winner" has won one SB, and it just happened to be the year his team had the #1 defense in the NFL.

This fantasy that the right QB can overcome all of the other flaws in Dallas is delusional. The lack of competent leadership that has failed this team for 25 years cannot be overcome by one player. It's not that simple.