What would you trade for Becton?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'll send a 5th, no more.
I bet they get at least a 2nd.

I'm just not sure he can play guard, and he would need to in Dallas for a little while.

I dont see a match for us, but other GMs under pressure to win may take a flier. He is a top talent. Bad situation....and was hurt a lot.

Seems like there is more to this though....as in the team didn't like his rehab enthusiasm. That can happen after a big signing bonus. Pure guess on my part.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
We don't need crap team's crap players. This is Leonard Davis all over again.

John813

Reaction score
Is he trying to beat out Aaron Gibson for heaviest listed weight of all time?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Former 11th overall pick. 6’7” 374 lbs. Could he be our LG? He hasn’t done much but draft pedigree is appealing.

Depends on his contract and cap hit.
A future late round pick depending on how much he plays sounds reasonable for me.
Major red flag that the Jets are giving up on him after spending the 11th pick on him.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Former 11th overall pick. 6’7” 374 lbs. Could he be our LG? He hasn’t done much but draft pedigree is appealing.

6'07" seems like that is a little tall for a LG. I think the NFL generally likes guys in the 6"03" - 6'05" range.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah he's been hurt a ton.

Comes down to if teams think that's a chronic thing or coincidence. Very high end talent.

If they can get a lower first as a return I can see why they may want to cut losses, as they are staring at some pretty good OTs given their draft position.

And effort and weight

coult44

Reaction score
Hes a bum. Jets will be lucky 2 get a 5th for him. If we traded a 5th, given we have 4 this year, I might be fine with that idea. Gives us a warm body at least.

I’d give up all 3 #5’s. 90% of them are bums anyway

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah man some guys are gonna mail it in after getting that first bonus. That happens.

I don't know if that's the case here or not.

Kudos to long term wealth, sheesh blow that first check on every fast food restaurant in the area

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn’t be interested in trading for a player the Jets are looking to move on from especially after only 2 seasons. Draft pedigree means squat the guy has been a bust.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Kudos to long term wealth, sheesh blow that first check on every fast food restaurant in the area
As crazy as it seems, many people do not have the ability to see tomorrow when it comes to money.

These guys that have been toying around with the competition at every level their whole life, suddenly have 10 million in the bank, but also need to work harder than they ever did.

I can see how many figure they are set for life already anyway, so why put up with the hassle?

If I were the Jets, I wouldn't count on him (as in pass on a top LT tomorrow), but I wouldn't deal him at a discount either.

This seems like it's a message more than anything....either to Becton or the rest of the team.

jnday

Reaction score
We don't need crap team's crap players. This is Leonard Davis all over again.
Dallas is a crap team with crap players. Our fans are not in the position to put down on any team. Dallas is looking up at the Browns.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd give next year's 6th and a bag of potato chips. He must sign a new extension for no more that 2mil per season while spending the off season at the fat farm.
Cost to the teams that trades for him:
2022: $2,286,913
2023: $3,125,370

Creeper

Reaction score
It depends on the costs, of course. I would not give up a pick in the first 3 rounds, but I think a swap of Collins for Becton would have been better than getting nothing for Collins.