What Zimmer had to say about Micah, Diggs and Gilmore before he was hired

Carson

Reaction score
Signing Gilmore also means drafting a CB high in April gets kicked down the road.
I don’t believe it should be pressing need

Bring back Gilly. You have Gilmore, bland and diggs. Wright can play snaps and Eric Scott had a redshirt year.

im more inclined to lean towards Jourdan Lewis based off age, price and he plays slot.

John813

Reaction score

Bring back Gilly. You have Gilmore, bland and diggs. Wright can play snaps and Eric Scott had a redshirt year.

im more inclined to lean towards Jourdan Lewis based off age, price and he plays slot.

I agree.
Even if Gilmore walks you still got Diggs and Bland on the outside.
They could bring back Lewis, which should be a cheap re-signing.
Add in another low cost vet/hope for Scott to improve.
Draft another one in day 2-3 depending on how the board falls.

khiladi

Reaction score
The really interesting part is what he has to say about Diggs. He clearly won't want him gambling on interceptions. He's not going to have as much freedom as he had with Quinn. You wonder how that will work out.
Zinmer’s defenses from what I’ve read are very disciplined, but the TOs are middle of the pack, meaning this may be where the drop is. But I also tend to think a lot of the TOs this defense creates was a result more of Parsons abilities to create havoc and mess up the timings of QBs then the scheme of Quinn, though he did a good job in adjusting to Parsons ability to create pressure.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

I have no belief in Wright as a dependable CB. He seems destined for the CJ Goodwin career STs/emergency CB role.
Let's hope Scott can actually contribute this season on defense.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Stephon Gilmore but I cannot imagine him being a priority when this defense has gaping holes in the LB and DL positions. Honestly, he would be a luxury at this point instead of a necessity.

Currently this team is about 16 mil over the cap next year. I cannot imagine that with Bland and Diggs this team thinks CB is a position of need. I could be wrong of course but it seems like re-signing Gilmore would have to be lower on the priority list.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Quinn, Nolan Miarinelli, Kiffin, Ryan, Stewart, Zimmer. 25 years of DCs who don't know anything. We have had legendary talent thanks to super jerry and these know nothings wasted all of it with poor scheme. Hopefully Zimmer can fix things. Wait a minute is this the same Zimmer from 25 years ago? I assumed it was his kid.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The really interesting part is what he has to say about Diggs. He clearly won't want him gambling on interceptions. He's not going to have as much freedom as he had with Quinn. You wonder how that will work out.
Uhhhhh "i'm looking to be traded!" lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Move bland back to the slot

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree.
Even if Gilmore walks you still got Diggs and Bland on the outside.
They could bring back Lewis, which should be a cheap re-signing.
Add in another low cost vet/hope for Scott to improve.
Draft another one in day 2-3 depending on how the board falls.
please leave bland in the slot!!!!!!!