News: What's left for the Dallas Cowboys in free agency?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This recent love affair for the goat is pretty interesting. Even my brother has grown an affinity for the man. I wonder what it is....

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quinn & Dalton have received a lot more money than they should have because of the Cowboys.

I often wonder why many more players don’t take a cheaper one year deal so that they can hit paydirt the following year.

Dalton didn't sign a big contract. he signed a 1 year deal worth 10 million with i think 2 million in incentives to start. Similar to Fitzpatrick I believe. But quinn cashed in on the 10 sacks he got while playing opposite of Dlaw. dont they regret it now lol.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
mick-haupt-VE9DQ7zm22Y-unsplash-737x492.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Got to laugh Tampa Bay signed everyone Suh ,Barrett ,David , Gronk Do they even need to draft ??? While these guys have the GOAT playing at a modest salary that allows them to sign talent to put around him so he can take them to another SB . They have all bought in and believe . Letting the GOAT help them build HOF resumes LOL

While we try and sign everyone in the league that has torn their Achilles Tendon SMH . What a freakin franchise we have become LOL.

They are going for it as they should. A two year run with Brady and they are done. They are also mortgaging the next few years after that as they should. And I wouldnt call 30 million, modest. 10 million less? Its nice, but its not going to buy you a SB. Not even close.

Personally, the Cowboys arent realistically there yet. Another great draft for defense and the realistic window might start in 2022. Coincidentally Jaylon is probably gone by then and Zeke is close to being gone. So there is salary cap relief.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dalton didn't sign a big contract. he signed a 1 year deal worth 10 million with i think 2 million in incentives to start. Similar to Fitzpatrick I believe. But quinn cashed in on the 10 sacks he got while playing opposite of Dlaw. dont they regret it now lol.
Nice point on Quinn.

I mentioned in another thread that I expect Gregory to benefit in the same way with a full season.

It may cost a few bucks to keep him around.

People forget what a talent he is because of the rest of his mess, but he has some big time rush skills.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm sure a sabbatical is in order for the front office after this overwhelming influx of talent.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nice point on Quinn.

I mentioned in another thread that I expect Gregory to benefit in the same way with a full season.

It may cost a few bucks to keep him around.

People forget what a talent he is because of the rest of his mess, but he has some big time rush skills.

Randy has some talent. Expectations should be higher for him this year. He should get double digit sacks now that he should be starting.

Brax

Reaction score
They are going for it as they should. A two year run with Brady and they are done. They are also mortgaging the next few years after that as they should. And I wouldnt call 30 million, modest. 10 million less? Its nice, but its not going to buy you a SB. Not even close.

Personally, the Cowboys arent realistically there yet. Another great draft for defense and the realistic window might start in 2022. Coincidentally Jaylon is probably gone by then and Zeke is close to being gone. So there is salary cap relief.
Another great draft, the jokes and homer fantasy just keep coming.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another great draft, the jokes and homer fantasy just keep coming.

Let me guess, you think last years draft sucked right? I would have never guessed that.

Ive pretty much got you down for everything sucks, were going nowhere club.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Be prepared for an over-saturation of “Quinn is our biggest offseason acquisition” articles throughout the rest of the offseason.

That is their narrative. And they’re gonna jam it down our throats every chance they get lol

Brax

Reaction score
Let me guess, you think last years draft sucked right? I would have never guessed that.

Ive pretty much got you down for everything sucks, were going nowhere club.
Going to the same place as the last 20 odd years, you are all sunshine and lollipops pops, As for the draft let’s look at it 3 years down the road, if there are 2 great players then it was good until then jury is still out.

ICP

Reaction score
There's gotta be more players out there that either were good or showed promise that are coming off ACL / MCL /Achilles injuries

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Going to the same place as the last 20 odd years, you are all sunshine and lollipops pops, As for the draft let’s look at it 3 years down the road, if there are 2 great players then it was good until then jury is still out.

Like with Dak, you obviously cant see talent. Lamb looks to be a future pro bowler and Diggs is a great young corner. Gallimore, although I am not convinced yet, looks promising.

As far as sunshine, Im bull on the Offense and Bear on the defense. Nothing has changed there.

But maybe you need to take your own advice. Seeing as you think were screwed in mediocrity this year and the next 4 years maybe you should chill out and let things play out.

But I have no doubt you will continue to cry the blues like a baby needing his diapers changed.

Trajan

Reaction score
There's gotta be more players out there that either were good or showed promise that are coming off ACL / MCL /Achilles injuries

This is the year of the Achilles...impressed how we found so many coming off the same injury.

Reactions: ICP

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Be prepared for an over-saturation of “Quinn is our biggest offseason acquisition” articles throughout the rest of the offseason.

That is their narrative. And they’re gonna jam it down our throats every chance they get lol

That's a lot of pressure on Quinn ....measuring his neck size as we speak for that noose. I am sure MM likes it because takes pressure off him and Jerry setting up another scapegoat. i still think they will give him a couple years to turn this defense around. Too much to overcome in one training camp. I am hoping we got the Quinn from his Seattle DC days.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Now that we have our FS in place, I really want a true NG, luckily there is a few left.
I also would like a vet CB, LB, and backup QB.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That's a lot of pressure on Quinn ....measuring his neck size as we speak for that noose. I am sure MM likes it because takes pressure off him and Jerry setting up another scapegoat. i still think they will give him a couple years to turn this defense around. Too much to overcome in one training camp. I am hoping we got the Quinn from his Seattle DC days.

He is looking to reestablish himself after getting canned in Atl. I think Quinn brings his A game to Dallas— just not sure that will translate into much on the field.

Fingers crossed lol

rambo2

Reaction score

Brady will be 44 years old. He probably doesn't make in through 20 games of football and will retire.

plymkr

Reaction score
Not too much

Blocking TE
playoff caliber CB2
Veteran backup QB
Replacements at LB for Lee and Thomas.
Playoff caliber FS

And there are about 12 players in the draft projected to be quality year one starters
I would add a little bit better insurance at tackle. I don't know much about that swing tackle they signed earlier in FA, so maybe he's good enough as a backup. But really outside of that, I'm fairly happy with what they've done. Never thought I'd say that. I think they got guys that fill holes and patch up the roister as much as they could with the limited salary cap. I'm looking forward to the draft.

After last year and 2017 and 2019 I've kind of learned not to get too excited, but I'm fairly happy tho, they did what they could with what they had. We still need to nail this draft, but going into the draft I'm pretty hopeful. So in other words I'm not thinking we'll lose every game and it's doom and gloom with me.

And I give no credit to Jerry Jones, it's McCay and the janitor. That was a sarcastic joke

ICP

Reaction score
This is the year of the Achilles...impressed how we found so many coming off the same injury.
Lol, yeah it's the Cowboy way. If it's not 'We like our guys' it's reclamation projects from either injury or league discipline issues. The rest we just grab from the bargain bin.