What's the bane of your existence?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Some really good ones listed, hope these haven't been posted yet...…..

Check writers, especially the ones ahead of you in line. They are as clueless as Christopher Columbus. No clue where they are, where they are going or how to get there.
Bad drivers, the ones on their cell phones, not paying attention, pulling in front of me and driving 10 mph underneath the speed limit.
People in restaurants{including mine}that....
Do not watch or restrain unruly noisy children
People that don't tip and/or try and get something for nothing. And yes I have seen a couple tip a waitress 70 cents plus a buy one get one free Sandwich from McDonalds.:laugh::laugh:It was thrown immediately into the trash.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Common courtesy is in too short supply.

I was going into the grocery store yesterday morning and this old lady, on a walker, is in front of me going in. There were several of us walking slowly behind her and I was first in line. She's maybe 5 feet from the entrance when this guy, looked to be in his forties, jumps in front of her and startles her to the point of falling but I and the lady beside me caught her. My short fuse got lit in a hurry but I didn't get the chance.

The lady that helped me catch her took off and began yelling at this guy and drawing attention to him. Well the crowd gathered as she's letting him have it and telling them what he did. The guy was smart enough to back off and leave. Man, I looked around at those people, most older than me, and that would be my definition of mob mentality, they might have just tracked him all over the store, better to shop another time or store.

But I see this all the time. In fact, that has affected me so much and made me so much more aware that I will wait for people to open the door for them. The response is usually the same, shock and pleasant surprise. I just wonder if the things I was taught as a youngster, respect for my elders, Mam and Sir, holding the door for ladies is even in vogue any longer. Have we become so enamored with ourselves and our own little world that the real world doesn't exist around us?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Lol try driving out to laguardia i'd rather shave my chode with no shaving cream
I will take LaGuardia every day if you promise me I don't have to drive to JFK ever again. lol I will take JFK every day if you promise me I don't have to drive to Newark ever again.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will take LaGuardia every day if you promise me I don't have to drive to JFK ever again. lol I will take JFK every day if you promise me I don't have to drive to Newark ever again.
As far as airports are concerned, LAX is the bane of my existence. Aside from the typically rude people, 50% of the airport is always under construction, 50% of the flights are delayed and 100% of the airport is filthy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Newark is the truth right now. Their terminal C is awesome. All renovated

Fredbeard

Reaction score
People who talk too much
People who are attention ******
People who take themselves to seriously
People who talk about politics incessantly
People who chew their food with their mouth open.

If I can think of anymore I'll post them

Big_D

Reaction score

depending where you're driving from. I drove out to Laguardia from northern NJ a few months back and I'll never do it again. From where I am I can make it to Newark and back in 40 min. Not bad. JFK and Lagurdia.. I refuse to drive to either one of them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
depending where you're driving from. I drove out to Laguardia from northern NJ a few months back and I'll never do it again. From where I am I can make it to Newark and back in 40 min. Not bad. JFK and Lagurdia.. I refuse to drive to either one of them.

I will buy your plane ticket to a Cowboys game in Texas next year, but I get to pick the airport. :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Sweet. I can uber and leave a few hours early. :cool:
back-yard-flyer-2.jpg