What's The Current Fan Mandate Status for QB Injuries and Postseason Success?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'd consider keeping dak at a 20 million dollar a year price. If he wants more, then go get it somewhere else son.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope he retires. He's got a kid now and he's never winning anything. "get out before you can't walk"

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Tony Romo Led Teams (2-4 Postseason Record)
Loss: 1st Seeded NFC East Champion vs 5th Seeded Wild Card New York Giants

Dak Prescott Led Teams (2-5 Postseason Record)
Loss: 1st Seeded NFC East Champion vs 4th Seeded NFC North Champion Green Bay Packers
Loss: 2nd Seeded NFC East Champion vs 7th Seeded Wild Card Green Bay Packers
Extracted from the OP. These are just crushing. Here are the 3 best chances: two #1 seeds and one #2 seed. What wasted opportunities. It's not easy to achieve such high seedings, and Dallas squandered all three of them. 0-3 in games they really should have won.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure of that. I don't believe the sentiment is far off from when we replaced Romo.

If you need a variable look no further than Romo was brittle by the time we replaced him. Dak may have had injuries but he's still a tank. When Romo was near the end I expected an injury almost every time he got hit.
He is a tank that some observers' believe is running with a substandard tread. For example, there are consistent comments posted of Prescott not running more, while declaring his hesitation is partly due to not wanting to re-injury his ankle. The repeated commentary has surfaced occasionally in every gameday thread in particular since he recovered from his injury.

Reactions: CWR

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldnt read all of that...but did it occur to you dallas east is speaking in the context of our message board discussions rather than executive power of the organization.

By your theory nothing here really matters why even be here...the team will just do what it does.
Dang it. I hoped someone would not point that out, lol.

CWR

Reaction score
He is a tank that some observers' believe is running with a substandard tread. For example, there are consistent comments posted of Prescott not running more, while declaring his hesitation is partly due to not wanting to re-injury his ankle. The repeated commentary has surfaced occasionally in every gameday thread in particular since he recovered from his injury.
Yeah I believe that was the case, until the Rams game when he began to take off more. I dont know if that's self preservation or coaching for preservation. I still don't get nearly the same cringe when he gets hit as opposed to Romo.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure of the fan mandate but the Owner/GM mandate might be similar to the Garrett debacle.

Whereas its another example of Jerry's I'm a football man arrogance getting in the way.

The same way he held on to a failure of a coach in training of his in Garrett, Jerry wants to prove that his 4th round backup project at QB was and still is his right choice by sticking with him for too long.

jmo
Actually, this is one time where I am not referring to Jerry Jones in any way, shape or form. My time here began before Romo. I witnessed a significant portion of active membership make a consistent argument and judgment of him as the starting quarterback based on injury and postseason wins and losses.

Other factors will determine Prescott's continued status as starting quarterback or eventual exit. However, I have been interested why the factors of 'fragility' and 'postseason ineffectiveness' have not reached the same level of overall judgment as his predecessor per those criteria alone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope one day there's an argument between that poster and CCboy.

Probably will crash the server and only the mods will read all of the posts and then wonder what they are doing with their lives.
If that judgment day ever arrives, I will be looking over my shoulder for a T-800 telling me, "Come with me if you want to live."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd consider keeping dak at a 20 million dollar a year price. If he wants more, then go get it somewhere else son.
He would automatically be going elsewhere if that is the condition. He would not accept that amount here. Perhaps he would consider accepting it elsewhere as either a backup quarterback or a chance to compete as a starting quarterback. It is an extremely rare occurrenc when any starting quarterback has agreed to such a drastic drop in compensation with the same team.

CWR

Reaction score
Actually, this is one time where I am not referring to Jerry Jones in any way, shape or form. My time here began before Romo. I witnessed a significant portion of active membership make a consistent argument and judgment of him as the starting quarterback based on injury and postseason wins and losses.

Other factors will determine Prescott's continued status as starting quarterback or eventual exit. However, I have been interested why the factors of 'fragility' and 'postseason ineffectiveness' have not reached the same level of overall judgment as his predecessor per those criteria alone.
Personally I've treated them both the same. They've both had my support and both have faced their own obstacles with the team construction IMO.

I'm ready to move on from Dak now. The reason is his contract is due and it is clear we aren't attempting to improve the team in FA. I see no way a lesser team will yield greater results. Had we actually made moves and doubled down I'd support it, but since we aren't I'd prefer look at Lance/draft.