Whats the difference between Landry and Elliott

Sydla

Reaction score
One is a bit player that very few people know and the league wouldn't get a whole lot of good PR from the DV crowd.

The other is a star in the league playing for one of the most visible sports franchises in the entire world and would give the NFL the much needed PR they covet after their multiple previous screw ups in other DV cases.

NotForLong

Reaction score
cops were tight lipped about the exact reason for their visit, and where the case stands.

7:54 AM PT -- TMZ Sports has obtained video of the victim . . .The person who shot the video tells us the man was involved in a verbal altercation with a woman who was in Ezekiel's party ... when Ezekiel got involved.

The witness says she saw Ezekiel punch the man -- corroborating the story the victim's friend told police. However, cops at the scene could not confirm Zeke. (Well isn't that convent) was the attacker and he has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

Elliott's people will only say the RB was not arrested and no complaint has been filed against him.

We spoke with the NFL -- and we're told the league is now looking into the matter to "understand the facts."

6:32 AM PT -- The Dallas PD now says it DOES have a record of an incident at Clutch Bar and it appears to be connected the Ezekiel Elliott investigation.

We spoke with SGT. Williams who tells us ... cops were called to Clutch around 9:30 PM for a "disturbance."

Cops at the bar spoke to a man who said his nose was just broken -- but the man appeared to be extremely intoxicated and couldn't remember who hit him. (Maybe because he was sucker punched but there were 2 other Witnesses including the one with the footage of the aftermath and Carnage LOLA)

The man's friend told police, "It was that Dallas Cowboys running back."

Cops said they did NOT speak with Elliott at the scene. He was not at the club by the time they tried to look for him. (Wow 2 witnesses say he is the assailant. the Cops figure since he is not there he obviously not guilty) If it was the average Joe on the streets another charge of fleeing a crime scene and obstruction of justice would have been added on, that's some home cooking

Cops said, based on the lack of information and the fact the accuser appeared to be intoxicated, no arrests were made. (Cops said the victim was too drunk tobe a victim of Ellliot's. That's more home cooking)

A rep for Elliott would only say his client was not arrested and no formal criminal complaint has been filed against the RB.
update-grey-gray-bar.jpg
Ezekiel Elliott was involved in an incident Sunday night at Clutch Bar in Dallas, TMZ Sportshas confirmed with a source directly involved in the situation.

The details about what went down inside the bar are still sketchy -- we're digging.

TMZ Sports spoke with multiple people at the Dallas Police Dept. -- but no one seems to have a record of an incident involving the Dallas Cowboys running back.

In fact, we were specifically told by a Sgt. that the only arrest in that area was for public intoxication, but it wasn't related to Zeke.

We're re also told there were off-duty DPD police officers working at Clutch late Sunday night but none of those officers filed a report detailing a bar fight or mentioning an incident with Ezeki Ezekiel. (2 things for certain. There was a fight. And off duty police were their. Yet no report obvious cover up)

There is buzz on social media that the incident is a fight and Elliott was the aggressor -- but at this point, no one we've spoken with can confirm that

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...t-investigation-suspension-domestic-violence/

The police ended up suspending the investigation due to a lack of cooperation by witnesses, at one point even reaching out to the alleged victim on Twitter. I am sure he got paid by ol Jerry

It should be noted the letter the NFL sent to Elliot included a warning of “suspension or possible banishment” if he has any further police interactions

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A bar fight. Drunken Car crash. And a topless woman that was borderline sexual assault. That's all within 1 years time. Did I mention the, look at me drama, with the half shirt.

Maybe this little slap on the wrist is a blessing in disguise. Before he does something serious. Maybe he'll start to think before he acts
a bar fight? he was at a bar and some one threw a punch at somebody else while Elliot was close..... so as much as I hate to say it, sometimes its not you.

a car crash is his fault. yes.

topless woman...bad choice. don't disagree.....

one thing to consider. there is a lot of doubt in what happened with his ex girl friend. but NFL was trying to show that they are tough on domestic violence. their own internal investigator, recommended not to suspend. yet, they chose to....with that said....if and that's a big if anything happened, it was prior to him becoming an NFL employee....why is NFL punishing him? should NFL punish players for things they did wrong in high school? or freshman in college? I do have an issue with that.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but, usually in cases like this, I like to be informed of the actual EVIDENCE or FACTS before assuming somebody is guilty. This whole ordeal is BS and has been claimed to be false. Yet, Goodell has been harassing Zeke for the past two years on this BS complaint.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know keep making excuses for him.

Let me ask you this. If it were Dez involved with all of this incidents. Would you be so lienent. Where theirs smoke there is fire. That dog needs a leash

I'm not intentionally trying to seem lenient toward Zeke. For the record, I think Zeke has been an idiot in the past and has put himself in bad places far too many times.

What I take issue with is that the NFL is blatantly trying to make an example out of Zeke. All the evidence with this DV "case" shows that Zeke isn't guilty - yet here we are, still feeling the repercussions of the NFL's agenda. 6 games, and the way they're trying to smear his name with the "woman beater" label is entirely out of line.

Verdict

Reaction score
You're delusional if you think this is a slap on the wrist. Just stop. Six games worth of pay and a lifetime reputation as an abuser. That's what this is. You have the right to be glad he is suspened if that's the case, but don't downplay the enormity of what the NFL is doing to Zeke. He is being railroaded. What is taking place has nothing to do with the stuff you listed in your post. The league is using Zeke to be tough on DV in a case where the key witness is a proven liar. It's just wrong. Period.

Good post. But this is a witch hunt of epic proportions. I also think it goes way beyond public perception of DV or botching the Rice investigation. I'm not sure all of what is involved but there is more to this than that. It's evident.

RoboQB

Reaction score
You're delusional if you think this is a slap on the wrist. Just stop. Six games worth of pay and a lifetime reputation as an abuser. That's what this is. You have the right to be glad he is suspened if that's the case, but don't downplay the enormity of what the NFL is doing to Zeke. He is being railroaded. What is taking place has nothing to do with the stuff you listed in your post. The league is using Zeke to be tough on DV in a case where the key witness is a proven liar. It's just wrong. Period.

Awesome response!