What's the Eagles answer to the Cowboys (What's the Cowboys answer to the Eagles)

kmd24

Reaction score
Since you asked for some help with the roster, here goes.

Phoenix-Talon said:
RB

Julius Jones
Marion Barber
Bickerstaff

You forgot A-Train. This Cowboys unit should be dramatically in depth. Bickerstaff is now at FB. Tyson Thompson may be in the mix, but I doubt he'll make the active roster, assuming he makes the team.

Also, JJ and company will fare better with a healthy Dan Campbell and an improved OL, particularly at RG. Although it was tough sledding for JJ at the Linc last year, he should fare better if Dallas has a full complement of WR (and thus a legitimate passing threat) to keep Lewis and or Dawkins from cheating up.

Will Simon be back for the Eagles?

Phoenix-Talon said:
WR

Cooper
Crayton
Crowder
Glen
KeShawn
Merrit
Morgan
Rector
Smith

Dallas will likely carry 5. My bets are Keyshawn, Glenn, Crayton, Morgan, and Copper. Smith, Crowder, or Merritt may stick as a sixth if they prove indispensable on ST.

It's not a real scary unit, IMO, but solid. Crayton (converted QB) in particular has made strides this offseason. Their success will mostly depend on how much attention the running and TE's will demand from the Eagles safeties.

kmd24

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Actually his name came to mind -- don't know much about him. Please elaborate.

Here's his bio from dallascowboys.com

Anthony Thomas entered the NFL as the Bears second round draft choice (38th overall) from The University of Michigan in 2001. He has compiled 1,000 yard rushing seasons in two of his three years as a pro. Thomas gained 1,183 rushing yards as a rookie in 2001 and 1,024 yards last season. In three seasons with the Bears, he has rushed for 2,928 yards and 19 TDs, while catching 55 passes for 377 yards.

He should provide Parcells with his coveted "thumper." He's a proven player with a bit more tread left that Eddie George. He's decent at picking up the blitz and an average receiver. He excels running between the tackles.

He and Barber should provide much better depth than George and Reshard Lee, and he should be more productive than George in short yardage situations. We'll see, I guess.