Whats The On The Menu?

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Anyone making any special for the season opener tomarrow?

Ordering anything special?

Please share some ideas.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Barbequed chicken wings. Gallons of liquid. 1 box of Hostess Ding-Dongs.....They don't damage the TV. Refs first game too and after Thursday's debacle I'll probably be running to the grocery store for more ammo.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Encore said:

Please share some ideas.

Last year, Hos started a pretty good discussion about ritual on Sundays. There were plenty of recipes discussed too :)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X-tra hot wings, smoked oysters/crackers, Doritos, case of Molsen Golden and $100 to the ol' lady to go shopping.

Bring it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
mm, 2 little tombstone deep dish pizzas. Gotta have those for every game.

Thunderstruck

Reaction score
Carne Asada and other tailgate delicacies, much beer, maybe a Kosher dog or two in the stadium, more beer, a couple antacids. :D

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
You better bet it ... chitlins, hamhocks & collard greens, yams, macaroni & cheese, cornbread and a cream cheese pound cake from scratch .... same thing every year. Dessert varies year to year.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
You better bet it ... chitlins, hamhocks & collard greens, yams, macaroni & cheese, cornbread and a cream cheese pound cake from scratch .... same thing every year. Dessert varies year to year.

Can I come over?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This year I wanted Mexican food and a variety of it.

Posole
Tamales
Chili rellenos
Pico de gallo
Refried beans and spanish rice.

Chips and guacamole

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:

Had your cholesterol checked?

I hear you arteries clogging... :)

Kilyin

Reaction score
I don't eat anything that smells worse being cooked than it does coming out the other end.

followthestar

Reaction score
i'm hungry for a grilled Brees sandwich with Pepper on top, a tossed TD pass salad with Pricenot dressing (on the side), a couple INTs-on-a-stick by Roy - that right there is enough to give ya a case of the first-down runs. Maybe a few LTs -in-the-shell, some popped plays a la Julius, all washed down with some Bledsoweiser and grandma's homemade Keyshawn cake! YUM!!! YUM!!!

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Encore said:

Please share some ideas.

Hot jambalaya, gumbo, and a 6 pack of Abita Amber beer.

Scotman

Reaction score
I just now put some meat on the smoker that ought to be perfect by morning! Lots of mesquite, lots of smoke, plenty of time...all part of the recipe for a good opening to the season.

It's just me, my wife and my 8 year old watching the game and it took me 4 trips just to carry the meat out to the pit. :D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Just bought 5lbs of fresh shrimp..which slept in the Gulf last night. Will boil then tonight, ice them down, prepare my red sauce w/just the right amount of Horse Radish.

Two cases of DrPepper.........Two of my favorite cigars.