What's the word in Texas?

khiladi

Reaction score
For those in Texas, what's the scoop on the shows regarding the team? Are they simply crying over the loss of Romo or are these guys coming to any realization that the organization is in a much bigger mess than realized, including the HC?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sure plenty of people realize the coaching staff is a huge problem here. The bigger issue is the owner does not, nor does he care that the HC isn't prepared to be an OC at this point in his career, let alone an HC.

Injuries once again allow Jones to let Garrett off the hook for not being nearly experienced enough to be in the position he's in.

romothesavior

Reaction score
For those in Texas, what's the scoop on the shows regarding the team? Are they simply crying over the loss of Romo or are these guys coming to any realization that the organization is in a much bigger mess than realized, including the HC?

I read and listen to a lot of Cowboys sports media stuff and I almost never hear Garrett criticized by the DFW media. It's really baffling.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure plenty of people realize the coaching staff is a huge problem here. The bigger issue is the owner does not, nor does he care that the HC isn't prepared to be an OC at this point in his career, let alone an HC.

Injuries once again allow Jones to let Garrett off the hook for not being nearly experienced enough to be in the position he's in.

It's miserable that we have to suffer through this Jason Garrett BS.

A team like the Dallas Cowboys should have an elite coach.

Jason Garrett should be in Cleveland or somewhere like that.

romothesavior

Reaction score
My SportsDayTalk app (The Ticket) just popped up on my phone and said:

"Romo out for year with broken clavicle, up to Matt Cassell to save season"

DFW sports media is a freaking joke.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Sean Payton come on down you the next contestant on the coach is right!!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong here I think Garrett is a great guy, and could possibly be a great coach one day.

The key there being one day.

After he's learned and earned that experience.

He should have had to actually work his way up in this league instead of being fast tracked to everything. He was made an OC way before he should have been and from there he was handed an HC position that he was in no way ready for.

That's the biggest problem for me is that I want to like the guy, cause he's a genuinely good person, but he's a person whose having positions handed to him because of the fact that Jones just likes the guy so dang much that he shouldn't have been given.

He simply does not have the coaching experience to be at the levels he's at right now and it's showing each and every week, and each and every season. If this coach was on almost any other team, without an elite QB like Romo to bail him out over these years he'd have long been fired.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong here I think Garrett is a great guy, and could possibly be a great coach one day.

The key there being one day.

After he's learned and earned that experience.

He should have had to actually work his way up in this league instead of being fast tracked to everything. He was made an OC way before he should have been and from there he was handed an HC position that he was in no way ready for.

That's the biggest problem for me is that I want to like the guy, cause he's a genuinely good person, but he's a person whose having positions handed to him because of the fact that Jones just likes the guy so dang much that he shouldn't have been given.

He simply does not have the coaching experience to be at the levels he's at right now and it's showing each and every week, and each and every season. If this coach was on almost any other team, without an elite QB like Romo to bail him out over these years he'd have long been fired.

I don't think he'll ever be a great coach.

Great coaches adapt to their players and not the other way around.

It's the same thing over and over with this guy.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't think he'll ever be a great coach.

Great coaches adapt to their players and not the other way around.

It's the same thing over and over with this guy.

And that's entirely possible. That I don't know about at this point. I just know he doesn't have the experience to be where he is now and it's done him no favors either.