What's the word in Texas?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I meant whether or not the local media is questioning the competence of Garrett's subordinates even though they seem to be giving him a pass? Just in case that wasn't clear.

Gotcha! From what I've seen, on twitter that is, I haven't seen much bashing of the coaching staff, at least right now. Focus seems to be on the under performing talent and injuries.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Gotcha! From what I've seen, on twitter that is, I haven't seen much bashing of the coaching staff, at least right now. Focus seems to be on the under performing talent and injuries.

Appreciate the response, the twitter updates, etc.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Dallas has no plan B..

Plan A is run the offense and when it doesn't work Plan B is hope Romo can make plays outside the scheme.

No adjustments, no nothing.

And that's been jason Garrett's offenses now teams the since late 2007.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

I heard the Cowboys were interested in the Cougars coach!

JUST KIDDING!

DFWJC

Reaction score
My SportsDayTalk app (The Ticket) just popped up on my phone and said:

"Romo out for year with broken clavicle, up to Matt Cassell to save season"

DFW sports media is a freaking joke.

Pretty sure 99.9% of Dallas media and locals know there is no chance this year.
They bash the hell out of the Cowboys around here .

Having said that, I don't think people see the franchise at a cross-roads right now.

vaturkey

Reaction score
If one looks at the normally dominate teams you will find more then a few suck. Case in point is San Francisco and Baltimore this year. Both teams have been awfully good for more then a few years. Much better overall then us for the last few years. Both of those franchises are as bad as us right now. Injuries, coaching, retirements, salary cap casualties, etc etc. Good players with good coaching make good teams. Both San Fran and Balt (plus us) have marginal talent on the field currently. Good coaching can make up for some lack in talent by minimizing your weaknesses, but it still comes to who dresses out every Sunday. We don't have near the talent of the top teams in the NFC. Compare the rosters of the Cardinals and the Panthers to ours. Its not even close, and good players make coaches look smart.