whats up with fasano

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Hos, I thought you were one of the good guys!

Waiving a guy is one thing. To flat out tell a guy you will never again be a Cowboy by giving his number away is another.

I know y'all are mercenaries here, but hopefully Jerruh and Bill have more compassion for their guys than this board does.

I hope Fasano has enough class not to ask for the number right away. Wait until Pierce makes the decision, then grab it.

I'm sure Fasano is going to ask Pierce if he can have his #, in fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see that the rule for switching jersey #s still applies, that in order to get the #, he would have to pay Pierce a certain amount of money, in the thousands, for it

fortdick

Reaction score
Hiero said:
who cares, like Pierce cant wear anything but 88? Im sure he'd be more than willing to take whatever number he can get if he ever does play football again. Fasano a 2nd rd pick should get it, because that #47 is weird.

Nope, Pierce has played in the NFL, Fasano hasn't. Pierce was hurt for the team. Give the guy some respect! The fact that he is a second round pick doesn';t mean s**t! HE has to earn that kind of respect. If he wants to buy the number from Pierce, but just taking his number is bogus. Might as well sort through the stuff in his locker to see if there is anything there to take!

What if Fasano had wanted Witten's number? Witten was a third and Fasano is a second. Does that mean Witt has to give it up? What is Spears wanted Ellis' number? I guess Bush should be allowed to wear his #5 because he is special!

I hope Fasano stays with 47. That would show me some class.

fortdick

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'm sure Fasano is going to ask Pierce if he can have his #, in fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see that the rule for switching jersey #s still applies, that in order to get the #, he would have to pay Pierce a certain amount of money, in the thousands, for it

That would be the way to do it. Fasano can afford it and Pierce might need the money right now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The nfl wants receivers and tes to where 80s, I don't remember the players, but a few years ago the same thing happened. A player went on IR and when the season started somebody played with his old number.

sago1

Reaction score
Cowboys will probably wait for medical evaluation on Pierce but 3rd injury of same ACL isn't good news. Wonder how often it happens that a player reinjuries his ACL after just coming off rehabbing it. You know he's got to be really upset at this point particularly since he probably would have made the team as #4 TE. I guess his options are to rehab it again & see what his chances are of catching on with the Cowboys (or some other team) when TC opens in 07. That would give him whole year to recover vs about 8-9 months since 05 injury. Tough decision.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Hos, I thought you were one of the good guys!

Waiving a guy is one thing. To flat out tell a guy you will never again be a Cowboy by giving his number away is another.

I know y'all are mercenaries here, but hopefully Jerruh and Bill have more compassion for their guys than this board does.

I hope Fasano has enough class not to ask for the number right away. Wait until Pierce makes the decision, then grab it.
I'm not trying to be a jerk here.

What skins does Brett Pierce have on the wall that he can hold his number despite not being able to wear it himself?

It's not Roy Williams or someone of that caliber we're talking about. This is a fringe player who was already playing for his life on the team.

If it was a starter who had a lot of years left to play and already had skins on the wall in that # it would be different.

We don't even know that Fasano would want the #, but if he does he should be allowed to have it, regardless of Pierce's thoughts on the matter. They can settle on an amount to compensate, but I don't even think that should be necessary. Fasano is pretty much already above him on the pecking order.

Same as Ahmed Merritt last year wearing #81. He's not wearing it this year. Whether he got a dime to switch or not is immaterial. He has no skins on the wall to lay claim to it.