What's with the ''we''

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekeandDestroy

Benched
Reaction score
I see post every day, here and every where else that includes the statement, well ''we'' should do this ''we'' should do this. I mean don't get me wrong I am a fan and claim and proclaim my fandom as much as the next. It's just weird to see people acting like they play or work for a certain team. You are a fan and nothing else and not a tooting thing wrong with that. It's not your money writing the contracts or your hind end on the line for signing said player. Just step away, take a breath and let someone else to ''their job''. So instead of WE, how about, they, the cowboys, the team.

ZekeandDestroy

Benched
Reaction score
People like you and the "Oh my god youre wearing another man's jersey" crowd are so antiquated!......just go off into a corner and die already...

"I see post everyday".......Ok "Comrade"[/QUOTE
People like you and the "Oh my god youre wearing another man's jersey" crowd are so antiquated!......just go off into a corner and die already...

"I see post everyday".......Ok "Comrade"
somethin? Russian?

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Assuming youre American, your "team" is America right? so you wouldnt say " I hope "they" finally annihilate ISIS"...even though you or me are not actually in the armed forces participating in the fighting..........whats the difference in identifying so closely with a team?

If you would say "We" kicked England's *** in the Revolution or "We" kicked Germany's *** twice in the 20th Century even though you werent there personally, but have a problem with "We" just kicked the Commander's *****.....youre a hypocrite, plain and simple......

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I see post every day, here and every where else that includes the statement, well ''we'' should do this ''we'' should do this. I mean don't get me wrong I am a fan and claim and proclaim my fandom as much as the next. It's just weird to see people acting like they play or work for a certain team. You are a fan and nothing else and not a tooting thing wrong with that. It's not your money writing the contracts or your hind end on the line for signing said player. Just step away, take a breath and let someone else to ''their job''. So instead of WE, how about, they, the cowboys, the team.
Im actually Zach Martin

Reaction score

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)

DFWJC

Reaction score
I run into people like you every once in awhile. Its beyond amusing that something so irrelevant would bother you so much that you'd create a thread about it.

Fans directly or indirectly (through TV rights, ticket sales, adverstising, local tax for stadiums, etc) ARE a part of the teams they support.
The teams do not exist...period...without their fans.

If a fan wants to say "we" regarding their favorite team that they support, they aren't remotely out of line.
It IS their team, at the very least indirectly.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You need to get yourself a hobby.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Says the guy who takes another man's name in his username and another man's image in his avatar... Also, you say "we're" not writing their checks, but we kind of are. How do you think these guys get paid? "We" spend billions of dollars a year on tickets, gear and other miscellaneous Cowboys-related merchandise. So "we" do pay their checks. (Well, I don't. Don't own any gear and don't go to the games. But I don't call myself RomoDakMVP123 or have an avatar of Troy Aikman, so whatever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.