What's with the ''we''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I wish someone would have taught T.O. to use the "we" word. He was highly productive, but too bad he was such a "me/they" guy.

Tristan

Reaction score
Being a literal person, I would normally agree with you but cannot. @Risen Star got it right in this thread. Our common allegiance, professional and nonprofessional, are what identifies and defines us. Now, I am in agreement with you if your underlying disagreement is with the very common fallacy of people presenting opinion as fact. Otherwise, I believe your ultra-literal interpretation of 'we' may be too narrow a perspective.
Good grief!

coult44

Reaction score
I see post every day, here and every where else that includes the statement, well ''we'' should do this ''we'' should do this. I mean don't get me wrong I am a fan and claim and proclaim my fandom as much as the next. It's just weird to see people acting like they play or work for a certain team. You are a fan and nothing else and not a tooting thing wrong with that. It's not your money writing the contracts or your hind end on the line for signing said player. Just step away, take a breath and let someone else to ''their job''. So instead of WE, how about, they, the cowboys, the team.

Without "we", do "they" exist?
Calm down...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I see post every day, here and every where else that includes the statement, well ''we'' should do this ''we'' should do this. I mean don't get me wrong I am a fan and claim and proclaim my fandom as much as the next. It's just weird to see people acting like they play or work for a certain team. You are a fan and nothing else and not a tooting thing wrong with that. It's not your money writing the contracts or your hind end on the line for signing said player. Just step away, take a breath and let someone else to ''their job''. So instead of WE, how about, they, the cowboys, the team.
And "we" are wondering if you're still riding on a yellow bus! :p

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Sorry I am the head chef at McDonalds right near the stadium and I know the guy from the liquor store...felt it gave me the green light to use "we"....

Status
Not open for further replies.