What's wrong with Gerald Willis?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Very glad we dodged this bullet and Jaylon Ferguson as well.

I have issues with Trysten Hill's attitude as well, but he's less of a concern and more of a physical talent than Willis.

Ferguson is as athletic as an ironing board.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And that, my friends, is why none of you are getting paid to evaluate and draft players.

Many of you would have embarrassingly overdrafted Willis in the third, but apparently his value was actually an UDFA. You guys would have wasted a third round pick.

It's not about talent...because if you just look @ the guys tape....the guy can play. From what I've heard and read...It's all off field/injury related for the slide.

And actually that statement offends me because being a member of the Mel Kiper draft team every year...one thing I've learned...don't sleep on people not knowing football around here. Especially considering..when we are doing our mock...It's before the combine...It's before the Sr Bowl...we're your not privy to alot of the information.

Case in point..I got burned w/ a pick years ago...Paul Dawson LB TCU. Guy was the Big 12 defensive player of the year. His school bio said he was 6'2 235lbs...over a 120 tackles. Looked like a safe pick....on paper. Only to find out after our draft...and the Sr Bowl...everything you read was a lie about his height and weight...then the whispers started to come out he was lazy. Then the combine...he comes out...and sure enough...the guy looked like he hadn't lifted in months..if ever. Was just getting by on talent....but wasn't working @ his craft.

So you see...to come in here and take a cheapshot @ everybody for liking a guys tape (after the draft)...well...that's BS. And I'm calling you on it. Like someone said during the draft....20/20 hindsight is everybodies friend...after making a pick.