Whats Your Favorite Muscle Car?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Personally Im a Chevy/GM guy, so for me it would be a big block 68 Camaro. Its my bias since that was my first car.

If it had to be a Mopar, I would have to go with the best looking Mopar ever and that would be a black 67 GTX.

I cant think of any Ford products I would want.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The 70 Mustang Cobra Jet was bad. The 64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt was real real bad. The 65 Chevelle SS 327/350HP was quick as was the Novas with that engine. Routine 108 qtr miles. The 67 Corvette with the L88 would fly if fitted with a modified exhaust. Almost 500 hp with open headers. Much more power than the tripower 427. Most of the Mopars with the 440 six packs would run with most anything if it had sticky tires. The Stage II GS was pretty bad as well. The 396/375 was a monster but not many people ordered it. 70 Chevelle LS6 were bad.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would love a 70 chevelle. I'm not much of a car guy, but they just look bad

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
jobberone;4645623 said:
The 70 Mustang Cobra Jet was bad. The 64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt was real real bad. The 65 Chevelle SS 327/350HP was quick as was the Novas with that engine. Routine 108 qtr miles. The 67 Corvette with the L88 would fly if fitted with a modified exhaust. Almost 500 hp with open headers. Much more power than the tripower 427. Most of the Mopars with the 440 six packs would run with most anything if it had sticky tires. The Stage II GS was pretty bad as well. The 396/375 was a monster but not many people ordered it. 70 Chevelle LS6 were bad.

The L78 - 396/375 was a great motor. Reports had it actually around 425 HP. I put one in my Camaro. I had a 4 speed and 4:56's. A cam that was a lil more than an L88 cam, torker intake, 850 mechanical. Motor had large port closed chamber heads. Car had great top end. Those large port heads were great even though a lot of people thought they werent good for the street.

You are right about the GS with the 455. Neat cars, and not real common.

Warick

Reaction score
I would vote 67 Camaro because I have one, but I like musclecars in general. Mopar, Ford, GM, I like em all.

Duane

Reaction score
I love the 70's Hemi-Cuda's and 60's Shelby Cobra's.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4645636 said:
The L78 - 396/375 was a great motor. Reports had it actually around 425 HP. I put one in my Camaro. I had a 4 speed and 4:56's. A cam that was a lil more than an L88 cam, torker intake, 850 mechanical. Motor had large port closed chamber heads. Car had great top end. Those large port heads were great even though a lot of people thought they werent good for the street.

You are right about the GS with the 455. Neat cars, and not real common.

Wouldn't idle well. That's the motor before the L88 which had 12.5 to 1 compression and close to 500hp with open exhaust. Couldn't breathe with those heads and cam with the stock exhaust.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
richards-1967-ford-mustang-super-snake-elenaor-gt500-cover.jpg

1967-Shelby-Mustang-Eleanor-GT500-4.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I can name several, but really there is only one that I go gah gah over when I see one in real life that is in mint condition.

It's not one that most people scream when someone asked this question and it didn't really come out until the end of the muscle car era.

'85 Buick Grand National

BGN00336B_667miles.JPG

wittenacious

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4645945 said:
I can name several, but really there is only one that I go gah gah over when I see one in real life that is in mint condition.

It's not one that most people scream when someone asked this question and it didn't really come out until the end of the muscle car era.

'85 Buick Grand National
Fast cars.

Grand Nationals and T-Types were/are sleepers on the streets... to anybody who didn't/doesn't know what they were/are looking at. Check this video out. LOL.

[youtube]TWZS5_g3OL4[/youtube]

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4645945 said:

'85 Buick Grand National

BGN00336B_667miles.JPG

Some people really like those cars.

When I was in college I had an old rusty 71 Ford F100 that I had put a Olds 455 in. 3 angle valve job, crane fireball cam, rhodes lifters, offenhauser intake, headers, 3:73 posi rear. I raced a guy with a Grand National and had him up until 90 mph when my stock fuel pump couldnt keep enough gas pumping to the carb. Put a Holley pump on after that. The guy in the GN wasnt laughing after we went at it.

That truck was fun. Used to beat up on the IROC's and 5.0 Mustangs all the time.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4645945 said:

'85 Buick Grand National

My brother has one but its a 87.